Bristol City vs DERBY @ Ashton Gate 16/08/2008 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2008, 13:09 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Bristol City vs DERBY @ Ashton Gate 16/08/2008

Well here we are now, back to the league fixtures.. I must admit its a long long time ago since we played Bristol City, I think the last time we played them in the league was probably during the McFarland era of the mid 90s, with Johnson, Gabbadini, Short etc etc

After the win against Lincoln, we should hope that we are going into the game with a wee bit of form but with Derby its not as simple as that, but you would have thought that avoiding defeat would something which is perfectly achievable down in Bristol. Although they lost in the play-off final last year, I feel Bristol aren't as strong as they were last season, soo getting a win could be easily gettable, if we play well

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2008, 02:35
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Derby winning away? impossible
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2008, 09:39
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
I just hope he plats Tito up front with Ellington, that would be a start. I'd take a draw right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2008, 19:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
1:1 draw, at this point I'll take it, no idea how we played though as I wasn't home. 17th in the early look at the table
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old August 18th, 2008, 11:21
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
First half was shocking, even by the rubbish we've seen for the past year, thankfully the second half saw a big improvement and some hope, completely dominated the first 25 mins of the second half, had chances to win it. Villa nearly scored twice in the whole 8 minutes he had on the pitch, seriously if he's not going to start we at least need to get him on the pitch for longer than 8 bloody minutes, he makes us look so much more lively up front.
Commons looked good again Pereplotkins looks decent, we just need to get the ball to their feet alot more, defence is still very shaky, could be time to take a look at Stewart and Connolly.
Also we need to get Kaz up to the pace of the game quickly, we need someone to dominate the middle of the park, and hopefully free green up a bit more, good that he got his first goal, it was scrappy but they all count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in