Teams: Liverpool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2008, 16:04
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
We already knew that

Though the 22,000 season tickets sold for this season is more impressive, than people turning out for the Premiership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2008, 16:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones View Post
We already knew that
i predicted you had known this incredible facts. but, it seems to me you haven`t mentioned it in this forum, have you?

you have to be proud of these facts.p

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
Though the 22,000 season tickets sold for this season is more impressive, than people turning out for the Premiership

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2008, 07:20 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

i wonder what team is the main rival for derby fans?
what`s the game which is consider as the derby for your DCFC?

e.g, Forest??

any info or links for that, please.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2008, 10:07
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby v Forest is THE derby around here, even any sensible Notts County or Leicester fan will tell you that, games with Forest are the little bit extra special, the 2 cities don't like each other, and with Forest being the big club over there, especially now Notts County are down in the doldrums, and then the the Brian Clough connection added to it, it is a proper derby.

Good to see it back on the fixture list this season

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2008, 10:07
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby v Forest is THE derby around here, even any sensible Notts County or Leicester fan will tell you that, games with Forest are the little bit extra special, the 2 cities don't like each other, and with Forest being the big club over there, especially now Notts County are down in the doldrums, and then the the Brian Clough connection added to it, it is a proper derby.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2008, 12:17 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones View Post

sounds so interesting for me.
and yeah we are promised with 2 games this season in the championship. this would be so interesting.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2008, 12:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
in a country (America) where it's easy to say you like Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool I always say I like Derby County which most of the time brings confused looks on faces
In fact when they were relegated back in 2002 I had to explain to people what that meant, because you never hear that with ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea etc..

Of course for the people who follow the sport closely will know about the Rams, but it's not a popular team to support in America

Though, Fulham have quite the number of supporters in America considering they are a small squad, but that has more to do with the number of USA internationals on the team
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2008, 12:58
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
must be great to play a Derby game every week. p

Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2008, 15:32 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit View Post
in a country (America) where it's easy to say you like Manchester United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool I always say I like Derby County which most of the time brings confused looks on faces
In fact when they were relegated back in 2002 I had to explain to people what that meant, because you never hear that with ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea etc..

Of course for the people who follow the sport closely will know about the Rams, but it's not a popular team to support in America

Though, Fulham have quite the number of supporters in America considering they are a small squad, but that has more to do with the number of USA internationals on the team
actually, i do like those who show their loyalty of their clubs and that would be a great in the difficult moments of that their clubs. Derby isn`t that well known for those don`t follow the english football. but, till the club win some trophies, i think it will be your fans responsibility to show more passion, why not to promote for the club in different continents..
i think it`s sometimes accepted when you hype your team although they don`t win any trophies..hhhhh as some teams` fans do.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2008, 15:42 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

i would like to say that N.Forest have big fan base even out of england.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2008, 01:25
World Class Player

Teams: AEK Athens & Dirty Leeds
3Am, Bored, Tired and too hot.. and pissed off at this poll.

Now without casting doubt upon these results (too much) I just dont believe it.

Its awfuly easy to say.. Were the most loyal fans... Are you ?

Take a team like Rochdale, they havent moved out of the bottom tier of English football for 50 years is it. The fans who buy season tickets there every year.. Are they more loyal than you ? Of course they are.

You were in the premiership..Its easy to turn up there.

Also, I look at a team like Leeds, whereby we turn out in our droves week in and week out. To see upper crap. We never win anything and to top it off we have a crook as a chairman.

Look at the prices you pay. Your most expensive season ticket is 464 I think. Ours is 650. Now although we dont pay the top notch, it still puts things into a little perspective. How many of you would turn up when youre in the lower leagues ? Hardly any.

How many would turn up with ridicilous prices ? Even less

Oh and what was your highest attendance.. Just over 30,000.. Try 40,000 yeah.

Thats loyalty.

05.04.00 - 05.04.09

9 years of hurt and pain.

An anniversary we never wanted, but one we'll never forget.

R.I.P boys.

"We're gunna stay with you forever"

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2008, 09:58 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

we have to agree that media, the prestige of the epl can pay some attention to their teams, but we can`t neglect the fact that the attendance of derby fans was affected or reduced despite of the bad results and bad show in every week in and week out.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2008, 10:11 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

of course we can`t neglect the attendance of leeds fans is so impressive, but don`t forget that the Elland Road`s capacity is near to 40.500 while the pride park is only 33.600
so of course there is a gap when both stadiums become full of fans.

i think those who called the derby as the most loyal didn`t forget that the old trafford (Capacity: 76,212) is approx full every week. why they didn`t pick them as the most loyal fans in england?

do you think they are glory hunters or derby fans? p
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2008, 12:02
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Fadabeilo View Post
3Am, Bored, Tired and too hot.. and pissed off at this poll.

Now without casting doubt upon these results (too much) I just dont believe it.

Its awfuly easy to say.. Were the most loyal fans... Are you ?

Take a team like Rochdale, they havent moved out of the bottom tier of English football for 50 years is it. The fans who buy season tickets there every year.. Are they more loyal than you ? Of course they are.

You were in the premiership..Its easy to turn up there.

Also, I look at a team like Leeds, whereby we turn out in our droves week in and week out. To see upper crap. We never win anything and to top it off we have a crook as a chairman.

Look at the prices you pay. Your most expensive season ticket is 464 I think. Ours is 650. Now although we dont pay the top notch, it still puts things into a little perspective. How many of you would turn up when youre in the lower leagues ? Hardly any.

How many would turn up with ridicilous prices ? Even less

Oh and what was your highest attendance.. Just over 30,000.. Try 40,000 yeah.

Thats loyalty.
Anyone with a brain knows it's a bullshit poll as all these types of poll always are.
Not sure what your 40,000 has to do with anything, comparing size of cities and clubs, our 30,000 is more impressive than your 40.

And like I already said, the 22,000 season tickets sold this season, is far more impressive than the inevitable jumpers on the bandwagon for the premiership.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old July 29th, 2008, 15:46
Forum Manager
World Class Player

Teams: Ipswich, Parma
It's a pretty ridiculous article based on a crazy assumption that because such a high pecentage of fans go to games, they have loyal fans.... eh!?

Dunno where to begin in showing how ludicrous that statement is!

No doubt, you have loyal fans, but more loyal that at other clubs!? You what!? You were just in the premiership and are one of the top sides in the Championship (the 4th best league in the world after EPL, Seria A & La Liga)... it's hardly surprising you've sold so many tickets.

And you can't base loyalty on season tickets sold..... disregarding man utd's glory hunters around the world... if their stadium had a 500,000 capacity, they would STILL sell out every game, and still wouldn't come anywhere near the percentage of fans/tickets sold ratio you have.

I also assume that many of these people buying season tickets this year, bought their first one last year... i've had a season ticket with Ipswich for over 10 years, i've seen us go up, come down, go up and come down again.... does that make me more loyal!? Please.

I'm sorry to be negative, i'm not having a go at Derby or it's fans, just the stupid article that's really pissed me off, so arrogantly written and talking complete shite!
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old July 30th, 2008, 13:08
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
After reading the article I immediately a deep sense of pride their but couldn't help but think that other clubs around the country have supporters who renew season tickets after season upon season and show their loyalty and dedication to the club

I think also I tend to immediately discount any of the big 'four' clubs because I'm sorry but many fans support those teams only down to their current statues as being one of the top four clubs in the country. Also I think what some of supporters of the big teams, need to understand is that many of the football clubs up and down the country, particularly in the smaller cities, aka like Derby, Nottingham, Leicester etc etc are the only true sporting team within that town, and unite the city together

Thats why you could argue that we are loyal fans, because we are sooo linked to the club, and in honesty who would want to stop supporting any football club anyway..and finally one thing that does annoy me is that some people's disregard for Derby immediately after the season that has just past... yes we had a terrible season but that doesn't mean we are one of the worst football clubs in history!!!

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old July 31st, 2008, 11:41
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

wow it's amazing how easy braindead journalists can get football fans to spit their dummies out

It's like the myth of Newcastle fans being the best in the universe, complete bollox, anyone with sense knows it, no point getting all annoyed about it.

And I don't care what anyone says, 22,000 season tickets sold when you haven't won a game for 10 months is astonishing. Though not as astonishing as some positive press for Derby that is indeed a miracle, though they quickly move it on too hibernian.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2008, 17:44
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
After going onto to the 'other' forum, this guy posted up a link to a website, which worked out from your postcode, which football teams ground is nearest to you, As I was a certain that Pride Park was closest, followed by The City Ground, I was interested to see where the 3rd, 4th closed grounds to me were, here's what they are

4.43 miles PR Derby County Football Club
17.56 miles L2 Notts County Football Club
17.66 miles L1 Nottingham Forest Football Club
21.59 miles L2 Mansfield Town Football Club
23.29 miles L2 Chesterfield Football Club
23.29 miles L1 Chesterfield Football Club
26.40 miles CH Leicester City Football and Athletic Co
26.52 miles CH Stoke City Football Club
28.35 miles L1 Port Vale Football Club
30.03 miles L1 Walsall Football Club
31.00 miles PR Aston Villa Football Club
31.96 miles CH Coventry City Football Club
32.03 miles CH Sheffield United Football Club
32.52 miles CH West Bromwich Albion Football Club
32.74 miles PR Birmingham City Football Club
32.75 miles CH Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club
33.21 miles L2 Macclesfield Town Football Club
34.77 miles CH Sheffield Wednesday Football Club
36.63 miles L2 Rotherham United Football Club
38.85 miles L1 Crewe Alexandra Football Club Co

Here's the link if anyone is interested

http://www.hopewiser.com/cgi-bin/proximity.cgi?POSTCODE

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2008, 19:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Distance Div Club Name Postcode Ticket Office Web
3.73 miles L2 Stockport County Football Club SK3 9DD 0161 286 8888
6.21 miles PR Manchester United Football Club M16 0RA 0870 442 1994
7.70 miles PR Manchester City Football Club M11 3FF 0870 062 1894
10.48 miles L2 Macclesfield Town Football Club SK11 7SP 0162 526 4686
13.29 miles L1 Oldham Athletic Football Club OL1 2PA 0871 226 2235
14.29 miles L2 Bury Football Club BL9 9HR 0161 705 2144
17.01 miles L2 Rochdale AFC OL115DR 0870 822 1907
18.44 miles PR Bolton Wanderers Football Club BL6 6JW 0871 871 2932
20.48 miles PR Wigan Athletic Football Club WN5 0UZ 0870 112 2552
21.38 miles L1 Crewe Alexandra Football Club Co CW2 6EB 0127 021 3014

Then again Maine Road was closer to my house than any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in