DERBY v Man City @ PPS 30.01.08 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2008, 15:11 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Man City @ PPS 30.01.08

I've never been so glad to be going to work before in my life.

I honestly can't take much more, City might not have done great away, but Portsmouth hadn't scored at home for god knows how long, but we soon changed all that. Expect another thrashing,, Elano and Petrov will walk through our defence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2008, 20:37
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
.... the very very negative mood from bighead rubs off everyone, I think its now a case of when are we getting relegated, ermmm do we know when the earliest possible date is???

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2008, 09:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I think Chelsea away, and we're live on Sky as well

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2008, 10:33
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Think we'll hang on for a while, mostly just because other teams won't win that many games either.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2008, 13:07 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

PREVIEW: DERBY v MANCHESTER CITY
Posted on: Tue 29 Jan 2008

Wednesday's game against Manchester City will mark Sven Goran Eriksson's second managerial outing at Pride Park Stadium.

The Swede was in charge of England when they beat Mexico 4-0 at Derby's home back in May 2001 - a night which saw injured Ram Danny Mills make his international debut.

But this encounter is now the priority for both sides after disappointing exits from the FA Cup at the weekend.

Derby's defeat at the hands of Preston North End is well-documented but City were also on the receiving end of a giant-killing.

Sheffield United overturned the odds to claim a 2-1 success - their winner coming from former Derby loanee Jon Stead.

Both sides will want to bounce back quickly.

TEAM NEWS

Derby are without defender Lewin Nyatanga, who serves a one-match ban after his red card against Preston.

Back from his own ban is Craig Fagan, while Danny Mills, Jay McEveley and Tyrone Mears are definite absentees through injury.

Stephen Bywater also misses out with a shoulder problem, while Eddie Lewis has been undergoing treatment after limping out of the Preston game.

Mile Sterjovski needs his paperwork to come through by 12noon on Tuesday if he is to feature.

No City team news available at the time of writing.

MATCH FACTS

Darryl Powell and Steve Howey were the goalscorers in the last top-flight clash at Pride Park - a 1-1 draw in January 2001.

Derby beat their opponents from the blue half of Manchester 6-0 in November 1989, though this isn't their biggest victory margin.

That came in December 1949 when City were turned over 7-0 at the Baseball Ground.

It's a fixture with a history of goals behind it, not least in the 1937/38 season when City completed a double over Derby with a 6-1 scoreline at the BBG and 7-1 at Maine Road.

A start for Dean Leacock would be his 50th from the off in a league game since he joined Derby.

And if Eddie Lewis makes the kick-off he will be in for his 200th start in English league football.

THE REFEREE

Steve Bennett returns to Pride Park for the first time since October and the Rams' 2-0 defeat at home to Everton.

His 27 games this season have seen 95 yellow cards and a further eight reds - including two in a match on two occasions.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2008, 15:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Thinking about the game...which I really haven't wanted to do, but we can play guess the team again, with more injuries and suspensions mounting up....

Savage and Ghaly in the midfield, with 2 from Fagan, Barnes and Robert out wide.

Miller up front with either Villa or Earnshaw, might be worth giving Earnie a start after he got his first goal.

Price in goal.

And then the nightmare that is the defence, there's no Mears, McEveley, Mills or Nyatanga.

Todd had such a shocker against Preston, that you can hardly want him to play, I never want to see Moore play, and as for Davis (or Coco (the clown) as he is effectionately known by Derby fans) has been so awful recently i don't him anywhere near Pride Park, which doesn't leave much left...

I think it will be Pearson at left back, he played there 2nd half against Preston and did well, I'd bring in Beardsley at right back (though i'd have done that as ssona s Mears got injured...) and play Leacock and probably Johnson in the middle.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2008, 21:42
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
FT: 1:1

well, a draw against Manchester City is not really terrible considering previous results. An own goal gave Derby the lead but Sturridge scored after the hour mark.
Both teams had good chances, again the Derby defense was not great but somehow they were only able to concede one goal.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2008, 21:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
the guys on the phone-in are wayyyy to excited They are acting like we won the Champions League
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2008, 22:11
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
You never know when the next moment of joy peeps around the corner

congrats for the draw..

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old January 31st, 2008, 11:18 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
the guys on the phone-in are wayyyy to excited They are acting like we won the Champions League
They were weren't they I suppose you have to make the most of it.

For the first time this season we actually got a bit of luck. It's pleasing to get another point on the board, the defence was still very shaky at times, and it's a good job most of there chances fell to Vassell, but i knew one would fall to Sturridge sooner or later, and he'd put it away.

The really positive thing though, is we had a go. That's all I want to see for the rst of this season, us going out and having ago at the opposition.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in