DERBY v Wigan @ PPS 12.01.08 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2008, 13:45 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Wigan @ PPS 12.01.08

Paul Jewell still waiting for his first win, can he get it against his old club? It's about time I saw us win this season, seems as I missed the one and only time we have won I've forgotten what it feels like to come away from Pride Park feeling happy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2008, 14:28 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Looking at a possible new look Derby line up for the 2nd half of the season, I'd like to see us lining up like this...

Sorensen

Mears - Todd(new cb) - Nyatana/(new cb) - Mills

Ghaly - Feilhaber - Savage - Robert

Miller - Villa

Very attack minded midfield, but that's what Savage is there for And I've had enough of watching players who will run around alot and put there foot in, but don't have a clue what to do with a football when it arrives at their feet. Jewell might not want to be as adventourous, and Pearson and Oakley might play ahead of Feilhaber more often than not

Would like to see some new centre backs, get rid of Moore and Johnson, and Claude Davis is reported to have a bit of an attitude problem going on, so get rid of him as well.

Mostly can't wait to see what this Villa (or Tito as I believe he likes to be known) has to offer. He sounds good, and hopefully he can turn out to be another one of our great foreign buys that no-one else had ever heard of

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2008, 18:34
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Like Jimbo, these new signings do certaintly add a bit of excitment to the last half of the season to see how we actually perform, lets hope we can a few more positive results

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2008, 10:24 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Not sure we will even have Ghaly available for this game to be honest, I was looking more at a team to go forward with rather than this weeks line up.

Maybe Villa on the bench, but we have so many injuries, we might have to throw him in the deep end...or start Jon Macken

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2008, 16:39
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
It could be an interesting line up, lets hope it will make a diference and we can get a win.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2008, 13:22 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

PREVIEW: DERBY v WIGAN ATHLETIC
Posted on: Thu 10 Jan 2008

Paul Jewell comes face to face with his old employers for the first time on Saturday when Wigan Athletic visit Pride Park Stadium.

The gaffer spent six successful years with the JJB Stadium side, guiding them from the middle of the third tier to the Premier League via a Carling Cup final as well.

His last game in charge was the final day of 2006/07 when Wigan dramatically escaped the drop at the hands of Sheffield United.

But that was last year - and now his target is to lift the Rams up to another equally remarkable recovery.

We're only ten days in to the January transfer window but Jewell is already making his impact felt with four new signings in the can already.

He's got more targets in his mind - but target number one is three points against the Latics.

MATCH FACTS

Saturday's encounter is only the ninth league meeting between the two sides - and the tenth overall.

They've never before met in the top-flight and haven't come face to face since three games in the 2004/05 season.

The first saw the points shared at Pride Park in a 1-1 draw, Derby won 2-1 at Wigan in December, and then repeated the scoreline back in front of their own fans in the FA Cup a month later.

Winger Gary Teale is the only player in either squad with a foot in both camps.

Laurent Robert currently sits on 198 appearances in the English game, following his spells with Newcastle and Portsmouth.

But his international clearance hasn't yet been received, meaning he could have to wait to make his Derby debut.

However, Robbie Savage and Emanuel Villa are set to make their Rams bows.

THE REFEREE

Derby will be hoping for a better outcome than on Mark Clattenburg's last visit to Pride Park.

That came in October, when an injury-ravaged Rams side took a 5-0 beating at the hands of West Ham.

Clattenburg has taken charge of 18 games this season, issuing 64 yellow cards and flashing a further seven reds.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old January 10th, 2008, 13:22 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Another 30,000 crowd will in, would be amazing if we could keep above 30,000 for the whole season.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2008, 11:36
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Would be good to get the atmosphere going, espec with 30,000 at PP... lets just hope they have a good performance to shout about 2moro!!

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2008, 12:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The movement in the transfer window has got a bit of a buzz going, I'm actually looking forward to a game for a change...hopefully it's not back down to earth with a bang tomorrow

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2008, 10:28 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Looks like Price in goal, and then you could have the team I put out as all the other signings have come through, which is very pleasing

Though we'll probably have to put up with Moore at centre back for another game, or maybe Johnson.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2008, 12:40 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well i head to the game with a bit of anticipation of a half decent performance, hopefully I don't come back disappointed.

COME ON DERBY!

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2008, 14:14
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Price
Mears - Todd - Davis - Mills
Fagan - Ghaly - Savage - Robert
Barnes - Villa

Subs: Hinchliffe, Edworthy, Lewis, Macken, Teale
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2008, 16:22
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Claude Davis sent off at the hour mark, Robert coming off for Edworthy. Still 0:0 but I can see Wigan now scoring a late winner
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old January 12th, 2008, 16:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

and Wigan take the lead in the 82nd minute, at least this time they didn't score in the final minutes. This result hurts, if we wanted any chance (which was already slim) the three points were necessary in the match

How did the new signings do? didn't get to watch this match
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2008, 00:27
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
That must hurt. 13 points up to safety and Savage as your captain.
i like it.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2008, 10:57 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
That must hurt. 13 points up to safety and Savage as your captain.
er, No why would it?

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2008, 11:07 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well, it was a disappointing game, Wigan were awful, but were the better side which says alot for us

5 new signings, who haven't been playing alot of football had an effect especially in the 2nd half, they all seemed a bit tired and off the pace, and to say our subs bench was shocking would be an understatement, where the f**k was Feilhaber again, no Miller, Earnshaw, Jones or Pearson available either, so we had to make the bench up off some right dregs...

Ghlay was the main positive, looked the best player on the pitch despite not playing since last season, seemed to be playing quite deep though, and would like to see him get forward more.

We never gave Villa much of a chance get hoofing balls to the guy when he's only about 5 ft something, still managed to win some headers, and is a willing runner, maybe in the next game we'll actually get him a chance on goal Think he would do better with Miller up there with him, Barnes isn't really a striker and doesn't know how to link up with another striker.

Oh and just in case anyone was clinging on to any faint hopes...we're definately down now.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old January 13th, 2008, 15:32
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
more good news for the rams, Roy keane's sunderland has defeated the pompeys 2-0.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2008, 10:20 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartle
more good news for the rams, Roy keane's sunderland has defeated the pompeys 2-0.
Mate, we're down, we're not looking at what other teams are doing anymore

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in