Bolton v DERBY @ Reebok Stadium 02.01.08 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Bolton v DERBY @ Reebok Stadium 02.01.08

First game of 2008, will it bring a change in fortune? I doubt it, but a draw would be nice.

With Howard gone, it will have to be Barnes up front, or 5 in midfield, either way surely a start for Feilhaber. At least then he will try and get us passing, even if it doesn't work because the rest of them are bloody useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 14:07 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

PREVIEW: BOLTON WANDERERS v DERBY
Posted on: Wed 02 Jan 2008

Derby County's 2008 fixtures get underway at the Reebok Stadium tonight with a game against a Bolton Wanderers side tipped to be among the strugglers come the end of the season.

Bolton sit two places and one point above the relegation zone but their tally of 17 points from 20 games gives them a ten-point advantage over the Rams.

Gary Megson arrived late in October and has helped to turn things around after the Trotters made a slow start.

They have a solid home record of four wins, three draws and three defeats from their ten encounters in front of their own fans so far this season.

Three of those wins have come in their last three home games against Manchester United, Wigan Athletic and Birmingham City.

And in Nicolas Anelka they have one of the Premier League's deadliest marksman, a striker supposedly in the sights of the division's leading clubs.

The Frenchman has already netted ten top-flight goals this season - including the equaliser when the two sides drew 1-1 at Pride Park back in September.

TEAM NEWS

David Jones needs a hernia operation and is likely to be on the sidelines for several weeks, further increasing the pressure on Paul Jewell's squad.

Stephen Pearson, Stephen Bywater (both shoulder), Andy Griffin, Robert Earnshaw (both calf) and Andy Todd (back) were already due to be on the sidelines.

Dean Leacock picked up a pelvis/groin problem in the defeat to Blackburn while Michael Johnson and Claude Davis are both suffering from niggles.

No Bolton team news available at the time of writing.

MATCH FACTS

Derby's last away Premier League win came at the Reebok Stadium when Malcolm Christie, Fabrizio Ravanelli and Danny Higginbotham struck in a 3-1 success back in March 2002.

Bolton's Jussi Jaaskelainen and Ricardo Gardner are the only players from that afternoon still with either club and they should feature tonight.

The home side's two unused substitutes that afternoon, Kevin Poole and Dean Holdsworth, went on to play for Derby in 2005/06.

Tonight's encounter will be only Derby's third visit to the Reebok Stadium following that 2002 win and a 3-3 draw in December 1997.

Defender Jay McEveley will make his 100th career appearance if he is involved either from the start or as a substitute.

A start for Craig Fagan will be the 150th of his league career.

THE REFEREE

South Yorkshire's Howard Webb takes charge of the Rams for the first time this season.

Webb's 20 games in 2007/08 - across some of Europe's top stadiums - have seen 61 yellow cards, but he is yet to dismiss anyone.

His previous Derby game was on Good Friday last season when he officiated the 1-1 draw at Leicester City.

In his notebook that afternoon were Matt Oakley, Jon Macken and Morten Bisgaard.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 14:36
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
We had promising performances against Newcastle and Liverpool, then had the chance to go 2-0 up against Blackburn, but it all went wrong, and w've got sod all too show for it. The chance of staying up has gone, maybe now some of the players will relax and play better.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 21:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
and Derby does it again...conceding a goal in the final minute
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 21:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

apparently Price and Moore almost got into a fight after the match and they had to be seperated, Price mad at his defense on the winning goal...Moore once again at fault
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 22:04
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

hate to say it, I'd rather lose 3:0 rather than keep losing points in the final minutes of the game, it's getting frustrating and to the point where you expect them to give up a goal late in the match
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 22:21
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
:frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat:

How many more times can this keep happening, I think its very safe to say the likelihood of staying up, is as likely as bighead admitting phil collins is a legend

But to be fair, the goal was a bit of a joke cause what the hell was going back there I will never know, but Jewell needs to bring in more and more players, at this rate!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 22:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Derby need to win 9 games in order to even think of a decent shot at promition. The season is over, but it's getting tough watching the mistakes and late goals. Though at least the team isn't getting embrassed anymore
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 22:36 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
apparently Price and Moore almost got into a fight after the match and they had to be seperated, Price mad at his defense on the winning goal...Moore once again at fault

Why am I not surprised Moore was at fault, good on Price for having a go at the defence, it's what they deserve, Price looks a good keeper though, better than Bywater IMO.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 22:37
World Class Player

Teams: AEK Athens & Dirty Leeds
Why was this sky quite honestly ?

One of the worst matches to put on tv imaginable

05.04.00 - 05.04.09

9 years of hurt and pain.

An anniversary we never wanted, but one we'll never forget.

R.I.P boys.

"We're gunna stay with you forever"

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 22:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

is Price the #1 choice for Wales?
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 22:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

As for the game, well I just can't be arsed, I didn't even take my headphones to work to listen to the game, for the first time EVER!! It's just too demoralising, and the worst thing is they start to give you a bit of hope in games that they can do something, then they go and completely f**k it up.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2008, 01:47
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
Price mad at his defense on the winning goal...Moore once again at fault
u mean the losing goal, right?

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2008, 02:03
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I'm a Bolton fan from now on...p

nah kidding, I'm sure everyone knew what I meant p
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old January 3rd, 2008, 11:22 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

McEveley injured his knee ligaments in this game and could be out for the rest of the season

Just what we need, he's one of the few players who has at times looked capable of playing at this level, especially in the last few games.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in