Derby sign Villa - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2008, 14:53 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Derby sign Villa

Looks like Derby County will make their first signing of the winter break, 25 year old Argentinean striker Emanuel Villa, who currently plays for UAG Tecos in the Mexican league, where he is their top scorer. I am not expert on the Mexican league, but I do watch it at times, and I knew that Tecos was in the bottom half of the table.

Basically the deal is done, he needs to fly to Derby to complete a medical though and he should be signed after that.

Hopefully we can catch some magic with this player, we always seem to find these unknown strikers who do well for a couple of seasons, then of course we sell them

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2008, 15:05 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

from a Spanish speaking source...

he will arrive at Derby on Wednesday to complete his medical and he is already a Derby County player unless something "wrong" happens (and knowing Derby that's not rare p )

He is pleased that he is going to Europe, especially the Premiership but he knows the club is not in the greatest of situations. He says that he wants to make an impact immediately, he cannot make mistakes and he feels the club is ambitious although dead last in the EPL
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2008, 17:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Can you change the title to "Derby sign Villa" just to freak people out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2008, 17:21
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old January 1st, 2008, 17:23
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Magyar NT
Got me
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 01:58
Thought Criminal
Legend

Teams: Croatia
me too...well i had to check anyway

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:28
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
An interesting one, the sort of player we need to have a gamble on, and hope it works out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 13:29
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
An interesting signing.. I am actually a bit suprised were getting a argnetinian striker, but then again I wud much rather take a chance and hit the jack pot, than jus loan an has been striker who has been playing in England

Would we have signed this chap under Billy Davies????

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 13:39
Rookie

Teams: Leeds United
Probably had the knock-back on Beckford and went for something cheaper and not as good.

In all honesty, Do you really think this guy is going to be any good ? If he was, Do you not think the big teams of Europe would have not only Scouted,Trialed and probably signed this guy ?

He will take time to adjust to English football and by the time he does, he will be getting kicked around the pitch in the Championship.Something on cold,rainy december visiting a place like Leeds, nobody would enjoy..least of all a mexican.

IF YOU HATE LEEDS UNITED ... HAVE A GOOOO...

15 points...Who gives a fvck...We're Super Leeds and We're going up.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 14:11
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Villa's expected to cost £2 million, so how much are you expecting to get for a striker who's only done it at 3rd tier level so far?

I would like Beckford though, he is the sort of player we could do with, this Villa looks like a completely diferent type of player than Beckford would be so, so getting both in will do

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 14:37
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Hopefully he hasn't got an Esteban Fuetres passport
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old January 2nd, 2008, 19:08
World Class Player

Teams: AEK Athens & Dirty Leeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
Villa's expected to cost £2 million, so how much are you expecting to get for a striker who's only done it at 3rd tier level so far?

I would like Beckford though, he is the sort of player we could do with, this Villa looks like a completely diferent type of player than Beckford would be so, so getting both in will do
The guy makes a good point above, in all honesty.. id expect between 2million and 3.Yes he has only done it at the 3rd tier but he is the kind of player you want at your club, he did his stint in the non-league and has got valuable experience in hte loewr leagues, lest we forget, he does has some limited experience in the championship,but experience it is.

He reminds me of Ian Wright, the way he has and is going to rise up to the top, hopefully with us.

Beckford has pace and an absolute quality finish on him, anyone who has seen his goals this year and last prooves that.

Goals cost these days, for a long time, leeds have been done by low transfer fees and been absolutely skanked.Lennon is the stand-out example of that.Its about time we made teams pay.

Plus, i hope/think he wouldnt go to you, in the short term, it would be good for him, playing in the premiership, but if Wise spent his transfer money wisely (excuse the pun) as he ussually does, wed probably be joining you in hte championship and Beckford wouldnt have achieved much in reality.

05.04.00 - 05.04.09

9 years of hurt and pain.

An anniversary we never wanted, but one we'll never forget.

R.I.P boys.

"We're gunna stay with you forever"

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2008, 13:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

according to the Spanish speaking sports show yesterday (yes I watched it because I saw they had a story on Villa going to Derby p ) the fee was 4 million dollars, don't know what that is in pounds
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2008, 14:21
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

2 million pounds...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old January 5th, 2008, 12:54
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Villa's in Derby now, and has signed. Just waiting on international clearance. Apparently he holds an EU passport, which is why he doesn't need a work permit....got Esteban Fuetres written all over it

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2008, 10:10
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Tecos manager has resigned in protest over this transfer

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old January 8th, 2008, 10:11
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

He has also got his international clearance this morning, so will be in the squad for saturday

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2008, 10:34
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

TITO ASKED FOR PETACO'S VIEWS
Posted on: Tue 08 Jan 2008

Tito Villa consulted a former Derby fans' favourite as he considered a £2m move to the Premier League with Derby County.

The 25-year-old was once a team-mate of Horacio Carbonari - the Rams' then-record signing in 1998 - when the pair were together at Rosario Central in 2005.

And he got the views of the man known as Petaco - or bazooka in English - before making his mind up on a switch to Pride Park.

Speaking to www.dcfc.co.uk through his interpreter, Santiago Sluzewski, Tito said: "When I was in Argentina I played at Rosario Central with Horacio.

"He said many good things about the club so that is one of the reasons why I decided to come here."

Tito put pen to paper last week on a three-and-a-half-year deal after agreeing terms on his move from Mexican side UAG Tecos.

His international clearance arrived on Tuesday morning and he was unveiled to the media later in the day.

The hit-man is available for Saturday's clash with Wigan Athletic and admits he would happily play tomorrow, such is his excitement about the switch.

And he has no concerns about arriving at a club deep in relegation trouble.

"I will fight until the last minute of the last match, and if we go to the Championship I will still be fighting to get back next year," he said.

"If I thought that the club was already relegated I wouldn't have come - there is always a chance."

Tito - Santiago compares him, in the way he plays the game, to Alan Shearer - says he has experience of relegation battles.

"I am not worried, I am focused, my football life hasn't always been easy so I know what this is all about," he added.

"I have been with teams in the same situation and some have got through, but some haven't.

"I am pleased to be here in the Premier League at a huge club where everyone has been very friendly since the first day.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2008, 02:24
Forum Manager
International

Teams: Liverpool FC
well he has had one BAD (and I mean BAD) season in Mexico playing with Atlas and one semi good with tecos.

To tell yo the truth I don't see him as improvement over either Miller or Ernshaw.

when he was playing for Atlas he missed sitters almost regularly. In tecos he had a good run, but I seriously doubt he will do much for you when he couldn't cut it in the Mexican league.

He might improve but you could of found hundreds of better Argentinian forwards better then him playing in Mexico or Argentina.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old January 11th, 2008, 10:53
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesty

He might improve but you could of found hundreds of better Argentinian forwards better then him playing in Mexico or Argentina.
How many would have an EU passport though? Without one a work permit would be impossible for such players.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in