DERBY v Blackburn @ PPS 30.12.07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2007, 12:08 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Blackburn @ PPS 30.12.07

Pearson has dislocated his shoulder, and could be out for a month. So the opportunity is there to start with Barnes and Feilhaber in the middle. And maybe even with Leacock and Johnson at the back. Maybe these injuries will actually get our best 11 out on the pitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2007, 11:42 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

So by my calculations, Todd, Pearson and Earnshaw are definately out, there's no news of Oakley, Jones, Bywater, Griffen or Davis returning to fitness yet. So we look a bit thin on the ground, but it could be a good thing, if we see a starting line up like this...

Price

Mears - Johnson/Nyatanga - Leacock - McEveley

Teale - Barnes - Feilhaber - Lewis

Miller - Howard

Not sure about Nyatanga, think he should be given a chance, but if we play him and Leacock it leaves us very inexperienced.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2007, 17:10
0-1, Huth.
International

Man mark Santa. Put Nyatanga and Leacock on him at the same time and stop him by any means necessary.

Succeed in doing that is an achievement on its own.

If Carlsberg did forum signatures......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!:
Nottingham Forest 2-5 Yeovil Town

May 2007

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2007, 10:09 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well I was thinking about that, one day your having to try and keep Torres quiet, a couple of days later you have to keep Santa Cruz quiet, a few days after that you've got to keep Anelka quiet

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2007, 10:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

PREVIEW: DERBY v BLACKBURN ROVERS
Posted on: Fri 28 Dec 2007

Football in 2007 comes to a close on Sunday as Paul Jewell's Rams host Blackburn Rovers at Pride Park Stadium.

It's been a memorable year for all connected to Derby County but what's gone is gone and what matters now is the visit of Mark Hughes's side.

Derby know that while their performances have improved over recent weeks, points have to be the target.

The Premier League season is at the halfway mark with Derby bottom, having earned seven points from their 19 games.

Wigan Athletic occupy the first safety spot with a further nine points to their name and a far superior goal difference.

TEAM NEWS

Derby have major concerns over eight senior players with none expected to feature against Blackburn.

Matt Oakley (thigh), Stephen Bywater (shoulder), Stephen Pearson (shoulder), Robert Earnshaw (calf), Claude Davis (knee), Andy Todd (back), David Jones (groin) and Andy Griffin (calf) are all struggling.

Striker Jon Macken has been recalled from his loan spell at Barnsley to add to boss Paul Jewell's options.

No Rovers news available at the time of writing.

MATCH FACTS

Blackburn at home was one of Derby's most profitable games during their last stay in the Premier League.

Three wins from four, and one draw, saw the Rams enjoy plenty of success against the Lancashire side.

Blackburn's only win at Pride Park came in February 2001 when the then-Division One team travelled south for an FA Cup replay and overturned the odds with a 5-2 success.

A start for Derby's Craig Fagan would be the 150th of his league career.

THE REFEREE

Peter Walton is in charge at Pride Park for the second time this season - and it could be a good omen.

The Northamptonshire official blew his whistle on September 17, when Derby saw off Newcastle United for their only victory of the campaign so far.

Walton's 20 games this season have seen him issue 59 yellow cards and two reds, Reading's Brynjar Gunnarsson and Sunderland's Liam Miller.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2007, 12:38
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
Good luck win 1-0.

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2007, 17:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
wow the results went our way huh?

now 8 points behind 19th placed Fulham and 10 points from safety. We can win three in a row and still be in the relegation zone p
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2007, 14:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

1:0 up and Derby earn a penalty which Howard misses, a minute later Santa Cruz scores to equalize, what luck
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2007, 14:27
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

boy did things fall apart after the missed PK, 2:1 Blackburn, nice goal by Bentley
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2007, 14:31
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
at least you are threatening to win games now so you are at least improving, perhaps by about March you will be hanging on for the odd win?

Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2007, 15:30
JESTER OF SORTS
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Dortmund, Leverkusen
Dude you guys are getting better and better.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2007, 15:31
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
STEVE HOWARD= LEGEND

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2007, 15:32
Forum Manager
Legend

Teams: Lazio, Blackburn, Ajax, Italy
Well, the penalty was a blatant dive and it gave an impulse to our players which in the end gave us the victory. A draw would nto have been an unfair result though, even though Blackburn missed quite a few chances.

“But we're a university! We have to have a library!" said Ridcully. "It adds tone. What sort of people would we be if we didn't go into the library?"

"Students," said Senior Wrangler morosely.”
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2007, 16:04
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK ANDY
Dude you guys are getting better and better.
ja, i am getting a bit worried, if they keep their curent level of form ,they might reach double figures before May.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2007, 21:28
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I think one good thing to come out of today's game, was Paul Jewell's honest and frank assessment of the situation at the moment at Derby, I think the guy is spot on, and what he said in his interview was in line with what every Derby fan is thinking at the moment!!!

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2007, 01:05
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

yes, very honest interview by Jewell, not a good performance today despite the fact they could have gone up 2:0! The missed penalty and goal a minute later turned the tide of the match. New faces need to be brought in, especially at the back

Paul Jewell feels his current Derby squad is 'simply not good enough' after seeing them lose to Blackburn.

The Rams went ahead at Pride Park through Matt Oakley - but then Steve Howard missed a penalty and within five minutes they were 2-1 down, and they could not find a way back.

"We are not good enough, simple as that - the way we are, bottom of the league and we concede unbelievably bad goals," he told Sky Sports.

"I knew that before I got here they were not good enough but some of the things that go on the pitch with this group of players beggars belief at times and the sooner we can get people in to eradicate that or are better than what we have got, then the better."

Jewell feels the way his side let their heads drop after missing the penalty was unacceptable.

"We have got 30,000 people here, terrific support. As soon as he missed the penalty the heads went down and you could write the script, it is a catalogue of mistakes and until we can improve the squad it will continue," he said.

"Today is not the realisation I knew before I walked in, I knew before I took the job [what the squad was like] - I am really disappointed in the manner of the goals we concede and it doesn't seem to matter who is in there - it is mistake after mistake.

"Confidence is a funny thing, but the mistakes we make are not even schoolboy!"
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2007, 02:15
International

Teams: Blackburn Rovers
I have to agree with Jewell about you're defending. There wasn't much you could have done about the second but the first was a shambles. McCarthy should never ever have been to bring the cross down and shoot in a crowded penalty area, and Santa Cruz did absolutely nothing to loose his marker (in fact he basically stood there scratching his arse and when the ball came to him he was in 5 yards of space).

Mind you, some of our defending last few games has been just as bad.

THOSE WHO FORGET THE PAST HAVE NO FUTURE

Champions of England, 1994/95
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2007, 10:01 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well that was just so disappointing, a golden opportunity to win a game, even though we were absolutely rubbish, and it would have been a miracle if we went 2-0 up, but that's the sort of luck we need to win a game. As soon as the penalty was missed you knew what was coming.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in