Newcastle v DERBY @ St James Park 22.12.07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2007, 09:39 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Newcastle v DERBY @ St James Park 22.12.07

We've done it one, could we possibly do it again

Griffin and Pearson are injury doubts,. and I say good. Mears and McEveley clearly should be the 2 full backs.

And I've laid off it it for a bit, but for **** sake, will we please just give Feilhaber a ****ing game. It's so blatantly obvious our midfield is completely void of any creativity or ideas. We moan about hoofing the ball too much, but the midfield are as guilty of not showing for the ball, as the defenders just hoofing it. Feilhaber's the only player I've seen this season (on those rare occasions) who seems to have an idea of what to do, and can create space for himself.

There's no point ingnoring the fact anymore, we're down already, all I want to see now is some decent football, because there's been very little of that this season. The way this teams playing at the moment would struggle in the Championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old December 19th, 2007, 13:55
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
As knowing Jimbo quite well.. I often hear the wrath of his views on Feilhaber, but it does baffle me why this guy aint playing, as he is a current "International" player.

The game is on the tele, I had completly forget bout it which is unusual for me

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old December 20th, 2007, 12:05 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I forgot it was on the telly as well Must be something to do with not actually wanting to watch it...

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2007, 13:06 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Gadsby's not on the board anymore. It seems is his status as the saviour is souring, alot of accusations off only being involved to make a few quid now flying about.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old December 21st, 2007, 13:27 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

MATCH PREVIEW: NEWCASTLE v DERBY
Posted on: Fri 21 Dec 2007

Jay McEveley has said that it's time for the Rams to "step up to the plate" in Sunday's game at Newcastle United.

It's hard to disagree with that sentiment. The Christmas period can make or break a team's season with so many games in a short space of time, and from a Derby perspective the season needs to be made.

But it won't be straightforward against Newcastle, the only team to be beaten by Derby so far in 2007/08.

Sam Allardyce, after a difficult few weeks, appears to have steadied the ship somewhat in the last fortnight or so.

A battling draw against Arsenal was followed by late wins at home to Birmingham and away to Fulham, lifting what was beginning to become a depressing mood on Tyneside.

Neither side will fancy Christmas lunch on the back of a defeat.

TEAM NEWS

Derby still have concerns over Andy Griffin (calf), Stephen Pearson (thigh) and Robert Earnshaw (groin) going into the weekend's clash.

Andy Todd (back) remains on the sidelines, while Marc Edworthy has resumed training after a calf problem.

England striker Michael Owen misses out for Newcastle with a thigh injury, as does Damien Duff as he continues to recover from foot trouble.

Steven Taylor should be clear of a slight hamstring niggle, but Abdoulaye Faye and Shola Ameobi should still be absent.

MATCH FACTS

Geordie striker Steve Howard, a lifelong Newcastle fan, is set to play at St James' Park for the first time in his professional career.

If he clears his calf problems, Andy Griffin could feature against the side he played more than 100 games for during a six-year spell.

Craig Fagan still needs one more appearance to bring up 150 in his Football League/Premier League career.

Derby haven't won at Newcastle since January 2 1989 when Mark Wright rose highest to head home the only goal of the game for Arthur Cox's side.

The Rams' last top-flight spell saw them beaten five times and pick up one draw at St James' Park in six years.

THE REFEREE

Andre Marriner blows the whistle at St James' Park for the first time this season - and his second Derby match.

The West Midlands official has taken charge of 16 games this season and issued 46 yellow cards, along with two reds.

One of those came at Pride Park in November when he dismissed Chelsea's Michael Essien late in the visitors' 2-0 success.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old December 22nd, 2007, 10:33 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Jones and Oakley injury doubts as well now. Surely the chance for Feilhaber to play, but Oakley will probably play and hobble around instead

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2007, 11:28 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

So, they reckon Feilhaber's injured, as well as Oakley, Jones, Pearson and Todd, so who the f*cks gonna play in midfield

Leacock and Barnes, a centre forward and a centre half basically, well it will be an interesting combination. Though a half fit Oakley will probbably play and struggle badly.

I really have a bad feeling about this one, can see us getting seriously dicked on.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2007, 12:41
Premier Player

OMG!!!! :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: what is wrong with a squad, they seem to be many players injured at the moment, do they all not want to play for us or summit!!!... and since when did Feilhaber get injured, it will be very interesting, to see the team that Jewell puts out at Newcastle today

I said to the lads yesterday, I can see us scoring first, but losing the game

3-1 to Newcastle im goin for

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2007, 14:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
1:1 at halftime, Barnes scores an early goal but Viduka tied it up midway through the half. If Derby can get anything out of this game it's a good result
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2007, 15:02
Legend

Teams: Cementarnica 55 Skopje
the only victory of Derby this season was over Newcastle p: now it's a chance to repeat a good score :thmbup:

Cementarnica in Vtora Liga 2009/2010
Cementarnica - Miravci 2:0 (Kostadinovski 40'-pen. Naumcevski 43')
Belasica - Cementarnica 1:2 (Markov 24' - Donev 9'-og Trajkovski 47')
Cementarnica - 11 Oktomvri 2:1 (Jakovlevski 15' 77' - Kostadinovski 26'-og)
Cementarnica - Belasica 4:1 (Braga 23' 38' Ristovski 43' Kostadinovski 63' - Jurcevski 88')
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2007, 15:13
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

2:1!!!

Miller time!!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2007, 15:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Feilhaber comes in for the final 10 minutes, Derby still leading :nervous:
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2007, 15:49
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

typical....concede a late goal

2-2, Viduka
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2007, 15:57
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

its finished, 2:2 draw

shame we conceded a late goal like that but we have to be realistic and say a point away from Newcastle is a good result considering our form. Good to see two away goals also :thmbup:
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2007, 16:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

bottom of the league at Christmas, time for a "great escape" p

13. Tottenham 18 -1 18
14. Bolton 18 -6 17
15. Middlesbrough 18 -13 17
16. Birmingham 18 -12 15
17. Fulham 18 -10 14
-------------------------
18. Sunderland 18 -17 14
19. Wigan 18 -16 13
20. Derby 18 -33 7

Liverpool and Blackburn at home to close the year, again, even one point would be too optimistic. Can't see us getting anything from Liverpool, maybe a point from Blackburn

January will be the key month, Bolton away, Wigan home, Pompey away (they have poor home form) Man City home and the FA Cup tie
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2007, 16:20 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Gutted we couldn't hold on, but not surprised, we're far too shaky in the centre of defence, Mears and McEveley do well at full backs, but too mnay times we just open up through the middle.

Oh well at least we had a positive performance, and 2 goals in one gome, and away from home

Good to see Barnes doing useful things again, Miller did very well only feeding off scraps, and some playing time for Feilhaber

If they play like that every week, it will do me, far better than some of the rubbish we've seen before, there's more fight in the players as well now.

Bring on the scousers

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2007, 17:52
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
Star Player

Teams: Bulgarian NT, Spurs, bg teams
If sam's gonna be sacked, it'll be because of you in the first place, hopefully it'll happen and you'll still have something to cheer about
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2007, 20:05
Premier Player

Well what a game!!!!... to be honest I did a feel a teeny weeny disappointed that we didn't hold out for the win, but still, what a tremendous result for us

I thought in terms of commitment and effort, it was full marks for me, but again as we keep saying, just our lack of any real quality, really stops us from opening up opposition teams... Ermmm also as Jimbo said, our central defence really needs changing or bolstering, because Moore looked compleltly out of his depth today, we need to invest in at least 2 good centre halfs in January

For me Kenny Miller was outstanding today, because apart from the goal which was a tremendous finish, he looked very lively and dangerous in and around the oppnenets penalty area.. maybe today would have given him some confidence to perhaps, kick start his season

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2007, 10:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
hard luck guys for losing the f**2 pts in last 5 minutes !!
you were close to beat NUFC.

prepare well for LIVERPOOL game .
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2007, 23:30
Premier Player

Can I just say Newcastle's defence is the worst I have ever seen :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in