Chelsea F.C - Shooting Practice @ PPS 24.11.07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2007, 19:23 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Chelsea F.C - Shooting Practice @ PPS 24.11.07

We've got next week off to watch England fail to qualify for the euro's, then it's back to business as usual.

What ridiculous formation and team will Davies, put out for this one? I vote for an 8-1-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old November 11th, 2007, 23:19
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I think its very very hard to look beyond a Chelsea win in this one regardless of what team they put out!!!!!!!!!!

We are just in a woeful run of form at the moment, and you do fear that the score could be just get silly after a while.. even if Chelsea opt to start someone like Kalou upfront.. he will still stroll past our defence like they aren't their!!!

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 10:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The could bring that Jimmy Smith back from where ever he's out on loan at, and he'd stroll through our defence...and the thought of FrankLampard being given all the time to stroll through the midfield, and into the box unapposed, is quite scary, I can see him getting a hat trick.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 11:03
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Shooting Practice

Probably won't be far from the truth.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2007, 11:41
International

Teams: Arsenal
Are Derby on course to concede the most goals in the EPL?

100 by Swindon

Derby 31 in 13 games
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2007, 10:58 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by panicos
Are Derby on course to concede the most goals in the EPL?
Yes.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2007, 03:33
JESTER OF SORTS
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Dortmund, Leverkusen
Don't count on us putting a lot in, our players are being overused while others just constantly sit on the bench.

Expect to see Drogba play the whole game, mostly limping about, holding random body parts.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old November 16th, 2007, 06:15
Star Player

Teams: FC Internazionale Milano
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK ANDY
Don't count on us putting a lot in, our players are being overused while others just constantly sit on the bench.

Expect to see Drogba play the whole game, mostly limping about, holding random body parts.
That Still Sadly Doesn't Change The Fact that Chelsea will win

Formerly known as:Suazo19

Also known as: MilfordCubicle
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 13:07 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Only 800 tickets left, so looks like being another sell out...strange, as no-one was ever going to another Derby game ever again after West Ham

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 15:07
Premier Player

I remember on the way out of Wembley out of the summer, I turned to my dad shouted out Bring on Chelsea ...... the irony of it all

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old November 19th, 2007, 15:16 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

We we're singing that at 5-0 V West Ham

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2007, 16:11 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

MATCH PREVIEW: DERBY v CHELSEA
Posted on: Thu 22 Nov 2007

The visit of two-time Premier League champions Chelsea is one of the first games to look out for when the fixtures are released.

And now it is just around the corner with Avram Grant's star-studded side heading north on Saturday for a 5.15pm kick-off.

It's been a turbulent campaign for the visitors after the departure of Jose Mourinho, the self-styled 'special one'.

Mourinho won the Premier League in each of his first two seasons, along with the League Cup twice and the FA Cup once.

Grant's appointment was hardly met with great cheer by fans of the West London aristocrats but the Israeli has done a pretty good job.

They are well placed in the Champions League - where they have been semi-finalists in three of the last four years - though domestically they're sitting well adrift of Premier League leaders Arsenal.

Frank Lampard, Wayne Bridge, Shaun Wright-Phillips and Joe Cole all played a part in England's glorious failure to qualify for Euro 2008 on Wednesday night.

TEAM NEWS

Petr Cech (calf), Paolo Ferreira (ankle), Michael Ballack (ankle) and Ricardo Carvalho (back) are all set to miss out for the visitors.

John Terry is recovering from knee surgery but didn't feature for England on Wednesday night.

He did train with the national squad but Saturday's game will probably come too soon for the England skipper.

Andy Todd remains on the sidelines for Derby with the back and hamstring problem that has been troubling him since September.

Claude Davis (abductor muscle) and Dean Leacock (hip) should be available provided they suffer no reactions to their respective injuries.

The pair both missed out on Derby's last game, the 5-0 defeat at home to West Ham.

MATCH FACTS

Derby's previous six-year spell in the Premier League saw them pick up two wins and two draws at home to Chelsea.

The Londoners' last visit came in October 2001 and they left with a 1-1 draw - Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink cancelling out Fabrizio Ravanelli's opener.

Only one player from that afternoon, half-time substitute Frank Lampard, is likely to feature this weekend.

Steve Howard still needs one more start to bring up 450 in his professional career.

A start for Giles Barnes will be his 50th in the league for the Rams.

THE REFEREE

Andre Marriner is the man in the middle as the Rams welcome the Premier League's richest clubs.

Marriner's 13 games this season have seen him issue 38 yellow cards and dismiss one player, Sunderland's Greg Halford.

The West Midlands official was last in charge of Derby on October 28 last year for the 2-2 draw at Cardiff City.

It's his first game at Pride Park since October 2004, when George Burley's side came from 2-0 down to beat Rotherham 3-2.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2007, 16:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
well I had my fun for this week, now back to losing 5:0
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2007, 16:58
Premier Player

Obviously after yesterday's disgraceful and pathetic display by England... makes you wonder what our fans will be like towards the English cotingent in the Chelsea... ermmm the likes of the Cole's, Lampard and Terry.. wonder if they will get a rousing chorus of boooooooo's directed towards them

Personally I would... over-paid professionals who really struggle to perform under pressure, when surely these supposdly 'world' class are supposed to perfrom under

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2007, 03:55
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
What ridiculous formation and team will Davies, put out for this one? I vote for an 8-1-1.

:dielaugh: too bad that 2 goalkeepers are not allowed. still, (on the brighter side) there will be plenty of kick-off practice for your forwards.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2007, 15:02 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
Obviously after yesterday's disgraceful and pathetic display by England... makes you wonder what our fans will be like towards the English cotingent in the Chelsea... ermmm the likes of the Cole's, Lampard and Terry.. wonder if they will get a rousing chorus of boooooooo's directed towards them

Personally I would... over-paid professionals who really struggle to perform under pressure, when surely these supposdly 'world' class are supposed to perfrom under

I'm not interested in booing them for what they did for England, I'll boo them because their playing for the opposition.

Joe Cole is one of the few good english footballers, Terry and Ashley Cole didn't even play.

I'd expect Lampard might be in for some stick though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2007, 15:04 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Speaking of England, tomorrow we get too see another team in white shirts play clueless hoffball, oh joy

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2007, 15:52 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Davis, Leacock and Miller are all fit, McEveley as well I think. Andy Todd will soon be seen in a wheel chair. But almost a full squad to choose from, I still suspect, I'll get to the ground tomorrow and be completely bewildered by Davies team selection.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2007, 21:20
Premier Player

After getting over wednesday's performance now my attention turns to tomorrow's game............ Ermmmm well where to start really.. honeslty my hand on heart feels like this could be a very very long night for the strikers as I can only see Chelsea just dictating from start to finish in this one

Only a performance 10 times better than Pompey will see us get anything at all out of tomorrow's game.. at least watching it its clearer to see who is having the better of it rather than just watchin football first and what have you... Lets just hope we bring out a fighting performance and at least give them a good game,

Durk's score prediction - 1-3 - however I want us to win I cant see us stopping Chelsea from scoring, however I think we will though!!

post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old November 24th, 2007, 14:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
5:1, we will score first, get super excited and Chelsea score 3 in the next 10 minutes and add twe more

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in