Billy Davies gets the Boot! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 64 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2007, 17:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Billy Davies gets the Boot!

I know it's a hard subject to talk about but do you guys think Billy Davies' job is in jeopardy? I mean the team does not even seem competitive and he seems to be happy with playing for draws in most of these matches. Also some of his team selections are questioning, seems there is a falling out with Earnshaw and the Feilhaber is not even considered.

Although I have not watched every match, I can see that this team doesn't give full effort for 90 minutes, and the Billy is playing players out of position. I also am not happy with him mentioning that this is year 2 of the "three year plan", meaning he is already viewing Derby as a relegated club.

What do you guys think? I am currently listening to BBC Derby and some callers have echoed that Billy is not a Premiership manager

A name being mentioned is Graham Souness

Last edited by HajdukSplit; October 28th, 2007 at 17:11.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 64 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2007, 19:24
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I totally respect your view HajdukSplit... but its really hard to find a viewpoint about the current situation, because whilst I've always backed Billy Davies as the manager, but you have to look at the performances and the types of performances that we are getting at the moment that are slightly worrying

First of all you can immediately scrub off the Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs as they are an absoulute mile away from us.. but lets focus particularly on those vs Birmingham, Reading and Fulham, the so called teams in our 'mini' league. We have only gained a point against all of those teams, but I just worry that we don't have any realy quality players, that can take a boring 0-0 affair and produce some brilliance to make a win

No dis-respect to players such as Oakley, Pearson etc etc none of them can really produce a bit of magic that can un-lock defences.

In terms of the manager... I can't question Billy's passion and determination to do well.. and he has taken a long way in such a short space of time. But now you just feel we aren't good enough in this league which is ashame. Also the question is.. if we get rid of Davies who would we get to replace him

No to Graeme Souness absolutley.. hes just a proper ars* face... But if we are in this position come January.. will the board be patient or do you think they will act and look to get him out???

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #3 of 64 (permalink) Old October 28th, 2007, 23:02
International

Teams: Everton
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit

A name being mentioned is Graham Souness
, do you really want to have your dressing room morale to an all time low, and have players fighting against each other?

post #4 of 64 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2007, 11:19
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
I don't see anyone who is a better manager than Billy Davies, who is available or would consider leaving his current club to come to Derby. Certainly not Souness.

As far as I'm concerned Billy has earned the chance, to have a full go at this season, and even next season, because if we do go down there will be no better manager than Billy to bring us back up.

Of course the sun doesn't shine out of Billy's backside, and some of his decisions are questionable,mostly not playing Feilhaber but also persisting with the likes of Fagan and Lewis. But we're not deep in the sh!t at the moment at all, and it's far to early to be panicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 64 (permalink) Old October 29th, 2007, 11:42
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
If Bolton can only get someone as shit as Gary Megson, you have to wonder what use sacking Davies would be.
post #6 of 64 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2007, 12:11
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I've come to the conclusion our fans are pathetic, Derby fans have always been a miserable, pessimistic bunch of c*nts, but this has to be reaching an all time low. In 14 months Peter Gadsby and Billy Davies have taken Derby from a club in millions of pounds worth of debt, a team that nearly got relegated to League one, up to the Premiership and financially stable.

It's been a struggle this season but it always would be, but we've picked up a few points, and are far from down already.

So what thanks do they get for this? **** all. Just whinging tossers moaning we haven't signed Ronaldinho for 47 million quid, and ruined the club again so we can go back into turmoil.

Reading the message boards and papers at the moment actually makes me feel naesious, I'm embarassed to call myself a Derby County fan I really am

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 64 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2007, 12:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
Derby fans need to wake up and smell reality. Staying up was always going to be a massive ask. If anything finishing anywhere else other than bottom could well be a miracle. Derby clearly havent got the sort of finance to make a team able to stay up in this division. They had to try and be smart in the market and they got what they could. Even still Derby can create miracles. The season is only 11 games or so past and there is another 25+ matches to go. In January Derby will definitely need to try and snap up a few good surprise signings on the cheap. There must be some good cast-offs from EPL or foreign teams.

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #8 of 64 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2007, 12:21
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
how quickly expectations change.

blimey, you scraped up in the play offs after a season that no-one predicted, what do you expect, to be mid table with a squad like yours? you are playing in one of the best divisions in world football.

Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!
post #9 of 64 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2007, 12:30
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'm not having that scraped up, we should have won the bloody league

And yes Derby fans we should beat teams like Everton and Portsmouth easily, that's how fu**ing stupid they are.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 64 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2007, 12:48 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
I've come to the conclusion our fans are pathetic, Derby fans have always been a miserable, pessimistic bunch of c*nts, but this has to be reaching an all time low. In 14 months Peter Gadsby and Billy Davies have taken Derby from a club in millions of pounds worth of debt, a team that nearly got relegated to League one, up to the Premiership and financially stable.

It's been a struggle this season but it always would be, but we've picked up a few points, and are far from down already.

So what thanks do they get for this? **** all. Just whinging tossers moaning we haven't signed Ronaldinho for 47 million quid, and ruined the club again so we can go back into turmoil.

Reading the message boards and papers at the moment actually makes me feel naesious, I'm embarassed to call myself a Derby County fan I really am
I was listening to that show Sportscene on Radio Derby and one guy called in saying Derby should get two world class midfielders and a "decent" striker in January
post #11 of 64 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2007, 13:17
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
I'm not having that scraped up, we should have won the bloody league

And yes Derby fans we should beat teams like Everton and Portsmouth easily, that's how fu**ing stupid they are.

That is true to be fair... If pearson had been fit and moore hadn't been ridiculously suspended for 4 games at the end of the season.. I think we should have gone up as Champions.. but ooo well we can't dwell on that anymore

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2007, 14:46
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
I was listening to that show Sportscene on Radio Derby and one guy called in saying Derby should get two world class midfielders and a "decent" striker in January
Two world class midfielders? With what? Maybe that fan should start donating some money to the club p

Even then whatever your fans think, Derby is hardly a glamarous club at the moment where world class players will suddenly converge even if offered the right money.

post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2007, 14:51
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
Deano's just getting worried that De Rossi has started dreaming about playing for Derby. p

Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2007, 14:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jern Lizardhous
Deano's just getting worried that De Rossi has started dreaming about playing for Derby. p
Aquilani and Vucinic could also be heading for Pride Park tomake it 2 world class midfielders and a decent striker

post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2007, 15:43
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano
Two world class midfielders? With what? Maybe that fan should start donating some money to the club p

Even then whatever your fans think, Derby is hardly a glamarous club at the moment where world class players will suddenly converge even if offered the right money.
That's the problem with (some) Derby fans, they really do seem to believe we're up there with the Man Utd's and Arsenal's, when the reality is we are in with the West Brom's and Wolves, good clubs with a good fanbase who have had success, but have been left behind now that money rules football.

But try and explain that to these morons and they will throw a fit.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2007, 16:25 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

what about know? 4:0 down to West Ham at home and not even done yet....do Derby need a shake things up? I know Billy did a great job getting the team into the Premiership but his squad selections are getting crazier each week and as a result, the team is going lower and lower, we might as well enter the Championship next week

any chance he will resign?

Last edited by HajdukSplit; November 10th, 2007 at 17:02.
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old November 10th, 2007, 18:22
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:

any chance he will resign?
Well my mum said he was very angry with the criticism he was getting on the radio, so you never know

I am losing patience with his team selections now, I really can't get my head round the Feilhaber situation, yet he persists with Eddie Lewis

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2007, 14:46 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

I have a feeling McClaren will be a Derby manager if this continues

Last edited by HajdukSplit; November 22nd, 2007 at 15:02.
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2007, 15:44
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Why would you say something so horrible?

Though I wouldn't be massively be surprised if that did happen

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old November 22nd, 2007, 15:45 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

nah I honestly think he will wind up being Man City's assistant coach under Sven. Though who knows, he has a connection with Derby County and he could be a hero with a great relegation escape

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in