Fulham v DERBY @ Craven Cottage 20.10.07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2007, 15:02 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Fulham v DERBY @ Craven Cottage 20.10.07

Got my tickets this morning So will finally make it to my first away game of the season.

We really need something from this one, first away goal of the season will do for starters

As for the team, Mears back in his normal position of right back, Barnes on the right, and Earnshaw up front with Miller, we've got to keep the ball on the floor, that's what we do best, but to often especially when we're losing we resort to hoofing it towards Howard, and it's a complete waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old October 15th, 2007, 17:05
Star Player

Teams: England B
If Baird plays you can't fail but to score an away goal. Fulham played some really grim stuff against us, Sanchez well and truly a 'son of Beck'

Champions of England - 1948/49 & 1949/50

Ernie Butler
Bill Hindmarsh------------------Harry Ferrier
Jimmy Scoular-------------------Reg Flewin (c)---------------Jimmy Dickinson
Ike Clarke---------------------Len Phillips
Peter Harris---------------------Duggie Reid------------------Jack Froggatt
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 10:40 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

ah yes, Fulham have snapped up a couple of play off losers haven't they, hope Kamara plays and be's as lazy and unneffective as he was in the final

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 11:54
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
OOOO yess Kamara Kamara... He really was an waste of space at Wembley along with all the others but wont go into that... ermm Fulham are a team that we could either get really beaten by or a team we could score our first goal against away from home???.... can't make me mind up yet

But Miller is a must for me now upfront...he's either gotta be with Howard or Earnshaw now

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 15:53 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

We should be able to get a goal, but Fulham are equally capable....score draw would do me.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 16:12 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The 3 teams he came up against a proper team he was useless...must have been just Darren Moore is such a good defender

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old October 16th, 2007, 16:13 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2007, 11:05 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

MATCH PREVIEW: FULHAM v DERBY
Posted on: Thu 18 Oct 2007

Derby County have the chance to get the next stage of their season underway on Saturday with another opportunity to lift themselves off the bottom of the table.

They have had two weeks to get the defeat at Reading out of their system during the latest international break.

Now they go to Fulham on Saturday knowing that victory will lift them off the bottom of the table and above their hosts.

But success is paramount for the Craven Cottage side too.

Fulham find themselves third from bottom, just two places and two points above the Rams and with just one win to their name this season.

That success came at Craven Cottage where they have also drawn twice and been beaten twice.

Lawrie Sanchez did well to stabilise Fulham last season but 2007/08 hasn't been too kind so far.

TEAM NEWS

Lee Cook and Jimmy Bullard (both knee) remain on the sidelines with long-term knee injuries.

Derby have Craig Fagan back after his four-game ban and boss Billy Davies will be hoping his internationals return unscathed from their travels.

MATCH QUOTE

Defender Chris Baird told www.fulhamfc.com: "We've got to pick ourselves up, get some rest and look forward to the game against Derby.

"It's a massive game - three points and nothing less.

"That's what we want. We'll be going all out to get them so fingers crossed."

MATCH FACTS

Derby's last league trip to Craven Cottage ended in a 0-0 draw, in August 2001, though they have lost there in both the League Cup and the FA Cup since.

Dean Leacock joined the Rams from Fulham and - if he plays on Saturday - will be making his 50th Derby appearance.

Steve Howard needs just two more appearances to reach 550 in his career.

THE REFEREE

Phil Dowd takes charge of Derby for the first time in a season that has so far seen him sent to a range of venues from Leigh RMI to the Emirates Stadium.

Dowd has issued 33 yellow cards and added one dismissal in his ten 2007/08 outings.

His last Derby assignment came on the final day of 2005/06 when he blew the whistle when Sheffield Wednesday won 2-0 at Pride Park.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2007, 11:44
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Another big game, where we're hopeful of points, we really need to do something away from home, it might be your home form that will keep you up, but you've still go to pick the odd point up here and there away.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2007, 14:18 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Billy hinting at a Earnie recall

Hopefully in a 4-4-2 with Miller, I suspect Feilhaber might be back on the bench, the 2 wide slots are up for grabs though, with Fagan back in contention and Barnes nearing full fitness, think Lewis could take the slot on the left side.

Hopefully Mears back to his normal position at right back as well.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2007, 17:00
Premier Player

Hmmm well after a pretty abysmal week soo far... attentions turn to Craven Cottage, and after 2 weeks since we beaten at Reading, has it been a blessing in disguise or is it just 2 weeks more to think about relegation

Along with Reading, Fulham are a team that we should be looking to get points off here.. erm they have spent over the summer but you just feel that they are a team that can get beaten at home. Perhaps if we get a good performance this could be achieved

I think its good that Barnes is getting back to near full fitness, along with Feilhaber as well.. I just wonder though if the old guard such as Grifin and Lewis though will keep their position. I have lost patience now with griffin and would gladly see him on the bench :thmbdown:

Also another point... where as Andy Todd gone , is he injured or anything or did his previous performances vs Liverpool and Spurs totally take him out of contention!!!

Result - I reckon if we play to our potential a draw is a likely and realistic aim.. the problem for us though is away from home we likely to concede which is a problem before we start. but hopefully in the time off the defence has had chance to work with each other. Gonna tip for a 1-1 draw with Miller scoring

C'mon your Rams

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2007, 17:39
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
0:0

well we finally get an away point and keep a clean sheet but also this is a game where I feel Derby needed to push for three points, Fulham were down to 10 men for the whole second half but they still seemed dangerous in that process

Derby off the bottom of the table, positive point but I think it should have been more
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2007, 18:02
Star Player

Teams: England B
yup sounds like you should've tonked them, especially after Powder was sent off

Champions of England - 1948/49 & 1949/50

Ernie Butler
Bill Hindmarsh------------------Harry Ferrier
Jimmy Scoular-------------------Reg Flewin (c)---------------Jimmy Dickinson
Ike Clarke---------------------Len Phillips
Peter Harris---------------------Duggie Reid------------------Jack Froggatt
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2007, 19:37
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
bottom half of the table, you see how much Fulham climbed the table even with a draw? still tight, Derby could have been in an excellent position

10. Everton 10 0 13
11. West Ham 8 1 10
12. Reading 10 -10 10
13. Fulham 10 -4 8
14. Birmingham 10 -5 8
15. Sunderland 9 -6 8
16. Wigan 10 -6 8
17. Middlesbrough 10 -8 8
---------------------------
18. Tottenham 9 -2 7
19. Derby 10 -17 6
20. Bolton 10 -7 5

goal difference is a killer!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old October 20th, 2007, 23:59
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
A man extra for 45 minutes against one of the weakest (if not the weakest) defences in the league, you should be looking to score. And the goal-difference could come back and bite you in the arse.

Its great listning to a Leicester's fan outlook at the current situation at Derby.. I mean lets be honest, I think we are all in owe of Leicester's glorious situation at the moment. I mean 17th in the Championship is a pretty good feet to be fair.. so congrats to you !!!

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2007, 00:05
Premier Player

Well after obviously not going to the game.. I had to rely on radio and watching the highlights on Match of the Day to watch us....

I would comftably say that was our best performance on the road by a country mile.. creating numerous amount of chances throughout the game. Obviously Konchesky's sending off, made Fulham change and got a bit more defensive, thus giving us more possession and play

Slightly disappointed that we didn't score and even possibly get a win down there.. no doubt Jimbo will give us his take on the game.. but I can't help but feelt we let an awesome chance of getting 3 points today, slip away from us!!

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2007, 03:38
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
bottom half of the table, you see how much Fulham climbed the table even with a draw? still tight, Derby could have been in an excellent position

10. Everton 10 0 13
11. West Ham 8 1 10
12. Reading 10 -10 10
13. Fulham 10 -4 8
14. Birmingham 10 -5 8
15. Sunderland 9 -6 8
16. Wigan 10 -6 8
17. Middlesbrough 10 -8 8
---------------------------
18. Tottenham 9 -2 7
19. Derby 10 -17 6
20. Bolton 10 -7 5

goal difference is a killer!
This seasons relegation battle should be very interesting, saw Bolton yesterday under their new manager, losing to Arsenal, i think they are a good bet to go down. i think spurs will move up once they kick Jol out, but boro, wigan and reading all are struggling. fulham too are in danger, they always rely on home wins, but this season they are not doing so well at home.

btw nice to see the Pompeys challenging for champions league place.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2007, 14:33 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Interesting game they might have gone down to 10 men, but seems as we had 3 defenders have to go off injured and had to play Tyrone Mears centre back and Eddie Lewis left back, that almost evened things up, the way it messed our team about.

Our passing game was way off compared to other weeks, but we managed to create loads of chances, and in all honesty you just have to give Niemi credit, he was brilliant (I was right behind the goal 2nd half, and just wanted to run on and stab him or something ) Miller had the 2 really good chances, the one in the last minute was the best and so close.

Barnes is looking sharper every week, which is a good sign. I'm happy enough with a point, I've said all along we need to just keep plodding along until January and hope we can do something then that willmake the diference.

One thing for certain though, when we play them at Pride Park, we have to beat them.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old October 21st, 2007, 14:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:

We miss you down here (where you belong) - Come back to us.
Where you belong, not us... Look at and of those boffin statistic tables they have, we're always in the top 20 English clubs

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Bah, and so are Preston and Boro.

Boro?? Not the one's I've seen, Preston have snuck into the top 20 of some, but it does help when you've actually one something Even if there's no-one left alive who can remember it

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in