Reading v DERBY @ Madjeski Stadium 07.10.07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2007, 10:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Reading v DERBY @ Madjeski Stadium 07.10.07

Our first appearance on Sky this season, maybe it will bring us some luck, like our first appearance on Setanta

Not only are we after our first away point, but our first away goal, but at least we finally have an away match, where you honestly think we can get something from the game, especially with Reading's current form...they've nearly let in as many goals as us

Expect Barnes too still be on the bench, and I bloody well hope to see Feilhaber, I want him starting, but at least on the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2007, 11:02
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
Spurs are away at Liverpool this weekend, so it's a good chance for you to get them under you where they belong.

Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2007, 11:05 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah Was gutted last night, when those c**ts pulled that game back, Villa are f**king useless

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2007, 11:09
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
sadly Spurs will probably sack Jol sooner than later, and they might get a good manager and climb up a bit.

Reading, Bolton and one other I reckon are your targets, possibly Sunderland as I reckon they are ready to drop like a stone after their initial honeymoon.

Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old October 2nd, 2007, 16:01 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Fulham, they can score but conceed too many, if the goals dry up they will be in deep sh!t, still think Birmingham will struggle, Bruce is too bad a manager for them not too, also think Wigan and Boro will be down there all season long.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:19
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Well a point against Bolton, another one here will be good, also good to see it still close down the bottom, our home forms not bad, nows the time to pick some points on the road.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:52
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Potentially... just Potentially a chance to get our first away points of the season!!.... You can almost seeing us starting to get a bit settled in the league now.. and we need to start picking up points vs these teams. Reading have not been in the best of the form lately and would be great to snatch somethin from them at the Madjeski
Also another random thought... who would like to see the captiancy given to Pearson.. just think he has played out of his skin soo far this season.. reward him with something!

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2007, 11:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Nah, Pearson doesn't seem much of a Captain, seems a very quiet lad to me. Oakley is doing a good job, Kenny Miller looks like Captain material though, cetainly is a leader on the pitch.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2007, 12:59
International

I'm just praying for a clean sheet after the 7 conceeded last weekend
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2007, 14:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
It`s really the best chance for Derby to get the whole 3 pts out of one game . Reading is really suffering these days and you have to exploit that very well , they conceeded 4 goals from Liverpool in Carling , then unpredicted scores against Portsmouth .

just show high concentration and desire to win this game , then I`m sure
you `ll do a good result .

post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2007, 14:53
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
Our first appearance on Sky this season, maybe it will bring us some luck, like our first appearance on Setanta
you really unlucky .. I think in the eastern countries , all EPL games are broadcasting on TV which means all Derby County games . :smileani:

good luck ..
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2007, 15:06 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopite
you really unlucky .. I think in the eastern countries , all EPL games are broadcasting on TV which means all Derby County games . :smileani:

good luck ..
Well I prefer to be in the Stadium

You can usually find the games online as well, though when I tried for the Arsenal game it didn't work...not that I was too bothered in the end

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2007, 15:08 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interista
I'm just praying for a clean sheet after the 7 conceeded last weekend
Well we've not managed a goal on the road yet, can see it being a very tight game myself. Those 7 goals last week probably didn't do us any favours.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2007, 15:54
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
Well I prefer to be in the Stadium

You can usually find the games online as well, though when I tried for the Arsenal game it didn't work...not that I was too bothered in the end

of course to attend games in the stadium would be better .. for sure .
but when the game is away of Derby you have some problems as you have described .

regard .
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old October 3rd, 2007, 17:05
International

We'll try our best, not confident at all though.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2007, 12:08 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

MATCH PREVIEW: READING v DERBY
Posted on: Thu 04 Oct 2007

Much like last week's clash with Bolton, the Rams' visit to Reading on Sunday doesn't take on must-win proportions but it is one that neither side will want to lose.

The Royals charged their way to Premier League promotion in 2006 and took the top-flight by storm last season to ultimately finish eighth and narrowly miss out on European football.

This time around, however, they've not made the best of starts and find themselves fourth from bottom, just two points ahead of Derby.

Reading go into Sunday's game on the back of the highest-scoring game in Premier League history - that extraordinary 7-4 defeat at Portsmouth.

For Derby, it's a chance to build on that point against Bolton in another encounter against one of the sides around them in the table.

Victory at the Madejski Stadium will lift Billy Davies's side above the Royals and give the Rams a real boost going into the international break.

TEAM NEWS

Glen Little and Kalifa Cisse miss out for Reading due to Achilles and knee injuries respectively.

Ibrahima Sonko played 90 minutes for the Royals' reserves in their 1-1 draw at Derby on Monday night after a lengthy absence but is unlikely to feature.

Mikkel Andersen has a pelvic problem and is still on the sidelines, while Bobby Convey and John Oster may be involved.

For Derby, Giles Barnes is expected to be fit after missing out on Monday's reserve game with a slight ankle knock.

Darren Moore also got an hour under his belt in the same match having been on the bench last week against Bolton.

Craig Fagan sits out the final game of his ban.

MATCH FACTS

Sunday's meeting will be the first between the two sides in the top-flight of English football.

Derby have won on only one of their four visits to the Madejski Stadium, losing on the other three.

Their last trip to Berkshire came on April 1 2006 as Reading beat Terry Westley's Derby side 5-0 to clinch top spot in the Championship.

Reading goalkeeper Marcus Hahnemann is set for his 250th appearance in English football following spells at Fulham and Rochdale.

A start for Claude Davis will be his 100th league start in this country, including his time at Preston and Sheffield United.

THE REFEREE

Lancashire's Lee Mason takes charge of the Rams for the second time this season.

Mason oversaw the second game of the campaign, away at Manchester City, when he issued four yellow cards.

His season's total stands at 27 in eight games, with no dismissals.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2007, 12:09 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well I don't need reminding of the last trip to the Madjeski, I remember it well, and with our away performances so far this season, if Reading weren't doing so poorly as well, I'd be really worried of another repeat.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2007, 12:53
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Well i don't think we'll win, i can see this being a bit of a stalemate especially after Reding conceeding 7 the other week and us conceeding about 57 over the last few weeks...well it felt like that. I reckon it will be a boring 0-0.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2007, 12:59 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, I do have the feeling, that with all the goals we've both been letting in, it's bound to be 0-0, and we'll bore the pants of all the Sky viewers

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2007, 18:53 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Looking ahead at the weekends Premiership fixtures, this is a great chance for us to make a serious move up the table. If we can win (and of course that's a big if) we would go onto 8 points the same as Wigan who are currently 12th.

And looking at the fixtures

Man Utd v Wigan
Arsenal V Sunderland
Blackburn v Birmingham
Bolton v Chelsea
Fulham v Portsmouth
Liverpool v Spurs
Man City v Boro

Apart from us v Reading none of the other teams around us playing each other and every chance they will be getting no points this weekend. Of course you never no in foootball and surprises are likely, but I just feel this is a great chance for us, and if we can make a significant movement this weekend, it will do wonders for confidence.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in