Illegal Tickets - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2007, 12:05 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Illegal Tickets

Police probe illegal website sale of Rams match tickets

Police have launched an investigation into websites illegally selling match-day tickets at more than six times their value.

The probe comes after the Evening Telegraph discovered four sites selling standard tickets costing up to Ł215 for any Rams' game this season.

One of them was yesterday advertising a ticket for Monday's home game against Newcastle United for Ł203.

According to Derby County's website, the most expensive standard seat costs Ł33.

Ticket sales through online agents are illegal unless they have an agreement with the club organising the match.

Anyone found flouting the law could face a fine of up to Ł5,000.

A spokesman for Derby County said: “We have never heard of these agencies and have certainly not given them permission to sell tickets on our behalf. We will be speaking directly to Derbyshire Constabulary.”

A spokesman for Derbyshire police confirmed yesterday the club had been in contact with the force.

He said: “We are working closely with the club on this.”

The Criminal Justice and Public Order Act, 1994, states that it is “an offence for an unauthorised person to sell, or offer or expose for sale, a ticket for a designated football match in any public place or place to which the public has access.”

A person is deemed to be “unauthorised” if they do not have a written agreement from the home club to sell the tickets. The websites involved are www.ticketsolutions.co.uk, www.worldticketshop.com, www.footballticketshop. com and www.ticketbroker. co.uk

The Evening Telegraph contacted www.ticketsolutions.co. uk and www.ticketbroker.co. uk to buy tickets for the Rams v Manchester United match on March 15.

During a conversation with www.ticketbroker.co.uk, we were told we could buy as many tickets as we wanted.

The sales representative said the tickets were bought from season ticket holders.

When we contacted a manager at the website, and asked if he was aware that selling these tickets was illegal, he refused to give his name.

He said season ticket holders contacted the company to sell tickets and make money.

We contacted the other websites but were told there was nobody available for us to speak to.

Malcolm Bagley, of Derby County Supporters' Club, said he was pleased that the club was looking into the matter.

He said: “This can reflect badly on Derby County and we don't want that.”

A Home Office spokeswoman said ticket touting through a website was prohibited.

She said: “Those found to have committed an offence could face a penalty of up to Ł5,000 and a banning order from games.”

Rams fan Adam Finley, 20, of Royal Oak Road, Spondon, said that a fine for perpetrators was not enough. He said: “There should be prison sentences for things like this. These people could be making a fortune out of it.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2007, 12:06 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'll beat anyone else to it...

Who in their right mind wants to pay 200 quid to watch us get hammered

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2007, 16:24
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
do foreigners come watch Derby? those people are the only one's who I would know who would pay that much

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2007, 11:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Back in the Jim Smith days every foreign player we signed seem to bring their own personal fan club along You'd always see some foreign flag in the crowd, I remember their was always a Denmark flag when we had Laursen.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in