LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2007, 10:41 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY V Newcastle @ PPS 17.09.07

NEWCASTLE HEADING FOR SELL-OUT
Posted on: Tue 11 Sep 2007

The Rams' next game against Newcastle United is heading for a sell-out.

Already, six days before the Pride Park clash next Monday night, more than 31,000 tickets have been sold for the visit of Sam Alladyce's side.

Derby County took the decision to downgrade the match to silver category after it was designated for live TV by broadcasters Setanta.

Newcastle are bringing 3,100 supporters and remaining tickets are available to Derby County fans with customer numbers and start at Ł29 for adults, Ł15 for seniors/young adults and just Ł10 for juniors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2007, 10:44 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

This one on the telly, bloody Monday Night though, so I will be at work, so that will be 7 games so far this season and I'll have been to one (and will go to 8 seems as Arsenal has sold out) I'm not doing very well

And seems as the only game I went to is the only one we haven't lost, I'm needed

We're in a position now where we desperately need something from this game, we've been more solid at home than away at least, if Feilhaber, Barnes and Miller all play, and play well, maybe we can spring a surprise.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old September 11th, 2007, 12:13
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Well I will be back in the other half of the midlands by then.. because Im moving back to Walsall town woooooo hoooooooo !!!

You can almost sense with this game.. that nothing less than a win will do.. and to be honest I can see being it that way.. you can't under estimate how much a win would boost the confidence of the team and the whole club really

Also surely.. finally.... the debut of boing boing Benny Feilhaber.. you hope will be made as well!!!!... we need to have sumthin else and another option in the middle to be honest

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2007, 11:56 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
How does that pro wrestler survive in the Prem? Darren Moore should not be a first choice player at Premiership level. Its a crime.

Other than that, I wish you the best of luck from the bottom of my heart
Oh dear, you had to get me started on this didn't you :howler

If it's not Leacock and Davis at the back on Monday I will cry, if Todd plays I'll just about get over it...if bloody Moore plays I will march out of work, go to the nearest gun shop, buy a rifle, march on down to Pride Park and shoot Billy Davies.

Martins and Owen will think it's christmas come early if Moore plays.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2007, 12:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quite funny, that in todays local paper, they have asked Derby fans, who should be the 2 centre backs on Monday night, and every single one says Leacock and Davis...I hope Billy reads the telegraph

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2007, 15:38
Star Player

My first visit to Pride Park . Obviously hoping we win, but I think you'll be a lot better than you were against Liverpool and we need to be ready for that.

Is Barnes in contention Jimbo? I read that he's still two weeks away from action.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old September 14th, 2007, 16:06 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, looks like he won't be playing, though knowing the way Billy Davies works, he won't announce Barnes is fit again right up until he puts him in a squad.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2007, 11:16 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Over 32,000 tickets sold...and I thought we only bothered to go up to 31,000 these days...with the number of "sell outs" that have failed to reach even 32, never mind 33,000.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2007, 12:29
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Well to be fair... a sell-out on a Monday night isn't too bad at all to be honest due to being a working day and all that... but fair play to Derby County to lowering the ticket prices for the game. Ermmmm to be honest they should be thinking about lowering them anyway because I don't understand why they are sooooo high

OOOO well...... lets hope we can put in a good performance on Monday

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old September 15th, 2007, 17:14 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well if we win, we can go above Bolton and go level with Reading and Spurs.

If we lose, and then lose to Arsenal, we may never get to 19th position again this season Everyone's picking up points of each other down at the bottom, we need to join in the fun asap.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2007, 10:50 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Good news on the injury front, everyone but Barnes fit.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2007, 11:13
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Well lets hope that the international break was just what needed in terms of prepration for the rest of the season. That being said i've learnt to go into games with as many negative thoughts as possible, that way you won't be dissapointed by, lets say a 6-0 defeat. I don't think Derby will get their much needed win tonight. It won't be a goal glut tho i think 2-1 to Newcastle
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2007, 11:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'm going into the game with a positive attitude

I fancy us to take something from the game, think the 1 point is probably more likely than all 3 though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2007, 14:59 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

PREVIEW: DERBY v NEWCASTLE
Posted on: Mon 17 Sep 2007

The Premier League season gets going again tonight as the Rams host Newcastle United at Pride Park Stadium.

Derby boss Billy Davies has pinpointed the game as the "official" start to the campaign after a difficult opening few weeks.

Results haven't gone Derby's way and they sit bottom of the table, without a point since the opening day.

But Davies has sent out a message that the Rams shouldn't be judged after just five games.

The gaffer has always maintained that planning and preparing for top-flight life wouldn't truly get going until after the transfer window closed and the trip to Liverpool was out of the way.

Now there's a clear period of three and a half months before the next transfer window for Davies to work with the squad available to him.

Players making progress after injury will be a positive sign as he works towards that target of 42 points he identified in pre-season.

MATCH QUOTE

James Milner told www.premierleague.com: "We have been a bit disappointed with a couple of games where we thought we could have won, but there were games last season where we might not have got the point at all.

"We might have gone on to lose them so we are moving in the right direction.

"If we can get this winning habit, if we can get on a roll, we can keep pushing on.

"It's important to keep this (five-match) unbeaten run going as long as we can, particularly when we are not winning games and not playing that well.

"That's what good teams do - when they are not playing well they win games or grind out a point.

"Too many times last year - even from winning positions - we did not hold on and hopefully the mentality is different now, the set-up is different and I am sure we are moving in the right direction."

TEAM NEWS

Mark Viduka will be assessed today as he continues to recover from a thigh injury that has troubled him in recent weeks.

Emre picked up a knock while away on international duty with Turkey and is a doubt.

And boss Sam Allardyce will make a late check on striker Michael Owen following a hectic period after a number of injuries and two outings for England.

Derby forward Craig Fagan begins his four-game ban after being found guilty of violent conduct in the defeat at Liverpool.

He's joined on the sidelines by Giles Barnes, who is not yet fit after a foot injury but is making progress.

Kenny Miller is on course for a debut after hamstring problems, while Eddie Lewis is set for the green light following a groin injury.

Dean Leacock, Claude Davis and David Jones are looking good, but Darren Moore is a doubt with a knee injury.

MATCH FACTS

Newcastle are one of only two teams - Liverpool are the other - not to fall behind in the Premier League this season.

The visitors beat Wigan last time out but haven't recorded back-to-back league victories in 23 games.

Derby have won two of their six Premier League games at home to Newcastle - 1-0 in December 1997, and 2-0 in December 2000.

Manager Billy Davies is searching for his 100th league victory as a boss in English and Scottish football.

THE REFEREE

Northamptonshire's Peter Walton is the man in the middle at Pride Park.

He arrives on the back of 13 yellow cards in five games but is yet to issue a red card.

Walton's last visit to Derby came in November 2006 when he oversaw the 2-1 win at home to West Bromwich Albion.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2007, 15:00 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

TEST STARS SET FOR PRIDE PARK
Posted on: Mon 17 Sep 2007

Test match cricketers Alastair Cook and Steve Harmison will be gracing the Pride Park pitch tonight.

The England aces are on at half-time as they pull out the winning tickets for the Goldrush draw.

It's only £1 to enter with great cash prizes to be had so make sure you get your ticket from one of the many sellers around Pride Park Stadium.

Big news!!!!!

Why Cook though is he a Geordie as well

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2007, 20:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Derby have actually taken the lead!! p

Miller scores, 38th minute, I actually put money on this game for a Derby win, would be a nice pay off, big risk though
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2007, 20:51
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

breaking news!!! Derby lead at halftime and have not conceded a goal!!

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2007, 21:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Derby win their first match of the season!!! Kenny Miller's goal stands up and Derby move out of the bottom! First Premiership win since 2002, Bolton away was the last victory

15. Portsmouth 6 -1
16. Fulham 5 -2
17. Tottenham 4 -2
----------------------
18. Reading 4 -7
19. Derby County 4 -11
20. Bolton 3 -4

unfortunately next up is Arsenal away, but two weeks we play an important six pointer against Bolton at home
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2007, 21:58
International

nice win with kenny scoring on his debut. hopefully it will shut davies' critics up for a while who were causing the rumours of him being sacked.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old September 17th, 2007, 21:58
Legend

Great result

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in