Hate Mail - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2007, 10:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Hate Mail

Hate mail directede at Rams chairman

Chariman Peter Gadsby last night revealed he has received hate mail following Derby County's poor start to the season.

Gadsby, who led the consortium that rescued the debt-ridden club in April 2006, said he has been disappointed and stunned by the criticism.

He also said he was sent 150 e-mails in one day as disgruntled fans made their feelings known following the closure of the transfer window.

Despite making inquiries about "scores" of targets and lodging a number of bids, only striker Kenny Miller was added to the squad in the final week of the window.

This has led to some fans accusing the board of lacking ambition and investment.

"Unfortunately, it can get a bit personal, it is difficult and it does affect you," said Gadsby.

"It is disappointing when you put time and money into trying to build the club up. You feel you have done your best but that's what comes with the territory."

Gadsby also revealed he has become the majority shareholder of the club following a rights issue.

He is one of four directors who invested "many millions" last month to provide the cash flow needed to sign players, including 3.5m record signing Robert Earnshaw from Norwich City.

"What we found was we did not get the Sky money until August 14 and we had Earnshaw to buy, and so we had a rights issue," said Gadsby.

This has changed the balance of ownership which was split equally when the consortium took over 16 months ago.

"Some directors have more equity than others now," said Gadsby who confirmed he was the majority shareholder.

He added: "But there are other shareholders who have substantial shareholdings as well."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2007, 10:57 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
We're all frustrated at the moment, but sending hate mail to the man who rescued us, and within 12 months brought us back to the Premiership, it's pathetic, and anyone responsible must be brain dead.

We know where alot of these morons can be found as well don't we, our favourite message board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old September 4th, 2007, 12:01
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Yeh Yeh at the moment.. we are all frustrated about the lack of money and signings and available... but like Jimbo wisely points out.. if Gadsby hadn't have taken over the club, we perhaps would have been in League 1 and just going on the road to no where as they say!

You always get idiots.. at most clubs who expect Ronaldinho, Rooney and Gerrard to appear through the door.. but lets take one step back and be realistic for a minute.. and look just what could have been!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in