Man City v DERBY @ COMS 15.08.07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2007, 10:27 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Man City v DERBY @ COMS 15.08.07

First away trip of the season is up to Manchester, would have loved to have gone, but I can't, will be at work listening to Radio Derby instead

I was hoping all their new signings would take time to gel together, and we could possibly nip in with a result before they get good, which I fully expect them to be this season. But looking at saturdays result, it seems they have hit the ground running, so it's going to be a real uphill struggle on Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old August 13th, 2007, 14:04 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Sold out our allocation of tickets now

Would hope we would do for the majority of games as well.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2007, 10:24
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Will be intersting to see how we approach this game, we seemed very open and attacking on saturday, you wouldn't expect us to go the same way, away from home.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2007, 11:58 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'd be amazed if we were that open tomorrow night, wouldn't be surprised to see a rigid 4-5-1 either.

Will be interesting too see what changes in personel there are as well, I'm certain there will be some. I think Todd will stay in midfield, eventually he will go back to partner Davis at the back, but we'll have to wait for Vayrynen and Feilhaber to come in for that to happen, and those deals won't be sorted out by tomorrow. Think McEveley will come in for Griffen as well, who isn't fully fit. I also really hope David Jones gets on the pitch this time.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2007, 11:59 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

MATCH PREVIEW: MAN CITY v DERBY
Posted on: Tue 14 Aug 2007

Much-changed Manchester City made an excellent start to their new era on Saturday when they picked up all three points with a stylish 2-0 win at West Ham United.

It could be argued that they have to, that the pressure is on, after a summer spending spree of at least £23m - not taking into account undisclosed fees.

But in Sven Goran Eriksson, much derided for his time in charge of England, City have a manager proven to be successful at club level.

They have one of the country's best stadiums, a passionate support, and a wealthy owner.

And they have optimism that 2007/08 can be a memorable season.

Sven Goran Eriksson told www.mcfc.co.uk: "I told the players after West Ham that Wednesday will be another very difficult game, and there are absolutely no guarantees to win any game in the Premier League.

"We've had a good start and we will look to build on it on Wednesday.

"Who knows what might happen on Wednesday, but I hope that we can keep on playing good football."

TEAM NEWS

City look like having Kasper Schmeichel retaining his place after making his Premier League debut at the weekend.

The 20-year-old, whose legendary dad Peter played against the Rams during their last spell in the top-flight, was called in at Upton Park with regular number one Andreas Isaksson ruled out through injury.

City have been trying to bring in a more experienced custodian as their only other fit senior goalkeeper, Joe Hart, is also 20.

Belgian striker Emile Mpenza got 45 minutes under his belt for the reserves on Monday night after injury but is unlikely to be considered for Wednesday's clash.

Teenage midfielder Giles Barnes remains on the sidelines for the Rams as he recovers from the broken bone in his foot sustained in the play-off final.

Otherwise the Rams have plenty of options at their disposal as they look to build on Saturday's season-opening draw with Portsmouth.

MATCH FACTS

Wednesday's encounter will be the first between the two sides at the City of Manchester Stadium.

Derby last travelled to the blue half of Manchester in December 2000 and earned a 0-0 draw at Maine Road.

The Rams have beaten City ten times in Manchester over the years.

THE REFEREE

Lancashire's Lee Mason is the man in the middle on Wednesday night.

Mason has experienced plenty of Premier League football over the last couple of years but is taking charge of his first game at the City of Manchester Stadium.

He got 2007/08 underway in League 1 with seven yellow cards as Leeds United won 2-1 at Tranmere Rovers.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 01:00
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Quote:
He got 2007/08 underway in League 1 with seven yellow cards as Leeds United won 2-1 at Tranmere Rovers.
I almost found this statistic worrying, but then I remembered dirty leeds are managed by Dennis Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 15:41
Premier Player

Well not long to go now, another draw would do me, can see us just missing out though, 1-0 City.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 15:45 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Interesting bit of news. Ted McMinn has left his position as summariser for Radio Derby during Derby matches, had a falling out with the Radio station No permanent replacement has been named yet, but Dean Sturridge will be doing the role for tonights match.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 16:01
Premier Player

Deano the legend!! Will be good to see what he's like on the radio, I hope he's good, so we can have someone on who's more from our era.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 16:21 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well a prediction then...I'm going for 2-1 City, Jonesy too score a free kick.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 18:55
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
only one change to the lineup, Earnshaw drops to the bench and David Jones come in
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 19:59
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Liverpool
it starts ,

the team wears the yellow kit in this match

both yellow and white kits are attractive ..

Good luck ,
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 21:04
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR this is very very frustrating now .... we are creating a weight of football going towards to the Man City end.. but we are just lacking that cutting edge.. but nevetheless this performance is brilliant playing really well.. keep it up Derby
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 22:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
1:0 loss but read and heard the guys played with heart and were just missing that final pass. It is never good to lose of course but at least Derby are playing competitively
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 22:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah we we're lacking the killer insticnt in the final third, got into plenty of good positions, yet hardly had any shots on target, really showed up the need for some more attacking options.

We're competing though, played very well first half, conceeded the goal at a very bad time, never got going in the 2nd like we did in the first, and City fairly comfortable in the end.

Mears sounded awesome again, loves going on these 60 yard runs, just need to produce something on the end of them now.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 22:43 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Hmmmmm yellow kit, why not the black one, thought thatw as the away kit and yellow the third...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old August 15th, 2007, 23:17
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Mears was excellent, where the hell did you get him from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2007, 17:24
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Now we are in the Premiership.. we are actually shown on the Match Choice on Sky Sports, which shows on the games played that evening. They showed extented highlights of the Derby game last nite...

From watching the highlights, I felt as if we really did play well especially in the first half... as Dean Sturridge was saying.. we really derserved to be ahead before Man City scored... but we lacked a cutting edge to score the chances we created. Pearson had a great chance with about 30 mins gone, where he scuffed his shot towards Casper Schemeichel

In fairness, the Man City goal was a very well taken shot from outside the box.... with Bywater left helpless to be fair. But I don't think we should get too down with this performance because lets not forget how much money Man City have spent under Sven.. compared to us its bloody huge!!!... and we managed to limit them to shots from outside the box

I think another thing was noticible we need another striker or someone can finish.. not saying that Howard and Earnshaw aren't doing well.. but I just think we need another striker or forward to add a bit more quality up there.. because I am convinced once we have found a quality striker.. we will be fine

One last thing... to those who were slagging off Tyrone Mears last year... :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat:.. obviously really good fans and that.. this guy has been our best player this year so far. He's been on another planet ..

Keep it up Tye
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old August 16th, 2007, 22:46 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

2 more strikers would be nice, a left winger as well to free up Pearson to go in the middle.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in