The 'Other' Rams Forum!!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 12:16 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
The 'Other' Rams Forum!!!

After much talking about it... I thought I can be hiding much longer about this forum. I have quoted (www.therams.co.uk) a lot during my stay here. only for me to just mock and really shake my head in disbelief in some of the outrageous stuff that people post on there

After reading it today... I found a great thread some brainbox had come up with ' Confidence in the Manager & Board '... after recovering from the bout of shock for a couple of minutes.. managed to continue on reading on and this first guys comments they just sent me into

If YOU were able to vote today in a vote of confidence as to the competency of the current board and management of DCFC to avoid relegation how would you vote? Would you support the manager and board or would you get rid?

The reason behind the question is that it seems that just as the media and the rest of football have written off our team some of our fans have as well. Have we lost faith because big name signings aren't here? It's true we have waited longer than expected for more firepower, although we have improved with the signing of Earnshaw. Could it be possible however that the management are working to a plan and not just to kneejerk reactions? Don't underestimate the value of the team ethic. We know that this season we are not going to compete for a top ten finsh we are competing to stay up. Our rivals have pretty much all gone down the buy anyone route. With the careful purchases we have made it seems that Billy is building for a battle. Show ponies are for next year or the year after, this year it's about guts, togetherness and yes, a fair bit of application. ........... Personally I think we will make it!

Again I ask, are you going to back him or sack him?

Is this guy not aware of the clubs status before any of these people came in.. if the 3 amigos were still in control of the club, we may be in league 1 at the moment..and who knows what would have happened in the club.. and as for Billy Davies.. all I have for him is praise.. after steering us out of the Championship after just one season!!!!... and all this guy is saying shall we think about sacking him, if we are doing shyte. Firstly we are going to be up against up all season.. and whats the point of sacking a pretty decent manager, only to get someone to replace him who's not as good

We do have some pillocks as Derby fans GRRRRRRRR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2007, 15:35
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
To be fair, the answer he gives to his own question, is a very sensible one, but what on earth is he even asking the question for

This mb either makes me laugh or makes me depressed, should be a good laugh to bring some of the crap over here for people to view.

Expect the "Davies Out" thread on sunday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2007, 12:58
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Stupid quoute of the day then - Roy Keane and Keiran Richardson are the sort of big names that keep you in the Premiership.

I'd rather have Billy Davies as our manager than Roy Keane anyday, and though I wouldn't mind Richardson in our squad, someones paying far too much attention to unworthy england caps.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2007, 19:09 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Totally agree there.. no doubting that Keane is a good manager but I would trust Billy more to keep us in the Premiership!!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2007, 09:52
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
You two love a good moan about that website
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old August 9th, 2007, 10:12
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Neil
You two love a good moan about that website
Yes we do But it gives you a lot to moan about.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2007, 15:59 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Neil... you know we hate the forum ... I think I quote it nearly everyday for the all rubbish that is on it
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old August 10th, 2007, 22:51
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The Eve of the new era, and that bloody forum's broken, was hoping to have a read through some of the tripe on their as well

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2007, 12:59 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Pearo was the weak link in the team today, didn't look like he wanted it and was jogging back far too often! Didn't seem to have the determination he usually does, he ought to be careful with Mika coming in!

Earnshaw just needs a goal and i'm sure he'll be fine, Howard didn't score for ages last season!

The judgements of a great fan.. who obviously was not watching the same game I was yesterday
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2007, 18:10
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah a few people moaned about Pearo, and equally a few said WTF are you on about?? Never had his best game, but still did well, playing him out wide is always going to limit his game as well.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old August 12th, 2007, 22:02
Forum Manager
Legend

Class idea. I might make a Kumb thread in the West Ham forum.

"a fan of Al-Habsi"
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old August 14th, 2007, 02:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
I tried reading that forum but it gets hard when every transfer thread is 25 pages on a player who has zero chances playing for Derby p

also Derby County no longer has a site on the rivals network
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old August 17th, 2007, 12:21
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Soooo todays hot topic of discusion...loan out David Jones

Oh dear god, 45 minutes of football, away from home at a very good side, he doesn't play to the best of his ability and some of the idiots, want him out...words fail me.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old August 21st, 2007, 22:37 Thread Starter
Premier Player

As the title says.

I'm fed up with the bullsh*t that this board is producing. Never, after over two years of being on this board, have I seen such absolute turd being produced. For the first time, I genuinely feel ashamed to be a Derby fan. Not because of the club, the Board, the manager, the signings, the state of football or anything. But because as a Derby fan, it means I'm in the same group of people who are spouting the absolute epitome of garbage I have ever seen.

First of all. The signings.

Eddie Lewis arrives at this club, probably looking for one last shot at glory. Fair enough, it isn't the signing we were expecting as a Premiership club. But then again, who do you expect? People are linking us to these big-name players who, let's face it, aren't going to come. Nugent. Bouba Diop. Murphy. Mido. We are not big enough to attract these sort of names to Derby County. The Board know this, and Billy knows this. So why the f*ck do we decide to have a pop when Billy brings someone in he thinks will improve the squad?? I felt disgusted at some of the posts I saw on Friday in the Rumour Mill when therams.co.uk reported that our bid for Lewis had been accepted. Some of you should be ashamed to call yourselves Derby fans. Imagine what's going through Lewis's mind at the moment. Obviously he'll be expecting a bit of a backlash as he's a League One player. But he goes on to see that some are literally begging for the transfer not to go through, and that some even hope he gets injured so he'll fail a medical. How you people can class yourselves as fans is beyond me. Then we get linked with Vassell. A big-name player who has a realistic chance of joining us. The same people then go on to say that he isn't good enough! Who are you expecting? Alan Shearer to come out of retirement? Eric Cantona putting on his boots for one last season? Pele on trial? How about Steve Bloomer coming back to life??? We all need to realise that the media has put us at dead certs for relegation. That's national newspapers, TV, magazines, internet, pundits. Obviously, no-one expects us to finish 2nd. And as a result no players are going to want to come to us for low wages. Unless a player is currently playing regularly in the Premiership at the moment, no-one wants to know that we're signing them. Kenwyne Jones, for example. People didn't want him because he played in the Championship. Same with Viafara. Hell it was even the same with Nugent! Yes we must have budget restraints. At the end of the day we haven't got a Japanese businessman coming over to invest 100,000,000 in the club any time soon. And we are obviously ahead of schedule when it comes to where we are in the top tier of English football. Billy has said this so many times. Has no-one perhaps thought that maybe the reason we have a low budget is because we're ahead of schedule? Perhaps in 3 years we'd have built up enough money to be a force in the Premiership, having finished in respectable Championship positions, and having a good squad, capable of putting up a good fight in the Premiership? No, of course not. The problem is the Board being tight. Which brings me nicely onto my next point.

The Board.

This actually made me do a double-take when I first read this.

Quote:
RamOfTheSouth said:
This Board is no better for protecting the club than the last lot who sold Rasiak from under the nose of the fans after giving us all the bullshit about him not leaving.

WE dont need the money we need the player so why not ahve a bit of backbone and stand up to them...

Seems we got another bunch of lying [censored] at the helm afterall. I feel let down big time.

That shocked me beyond belief. How the f*ck anyone could say that after what happened last season? If the same "lying cheating [censored]" were at the helm, we probably wouldn't be in business. We could have done an MK Dons or anything. Terry Westley would be in charge, we'd be struggling in the Championship at best (we'd probably have gone down to League One last season) and we'd be struggling to mount debts of around 50,000,000 along with whatever the hell SISU were planning to do. We'd truly be in a Leeds situation right about now. Instead, this new board came in, bought us by investing 30,000,000 of their own money into the club (29,999,997 more than the previous board put in from their own pockets altogether). What a joke it is to see that they are now being compared to the three "businessmen" (if you can call them such a word) that nearly ran us clean out of business. RamOfTheSouth then goes on to claim that "The board are as bad as the ones who sold Rasiak despite telling us they wouldn't". Wrong. The previous Board claimed they weren't under any financial pressure to sell Rasiak. They were. They lied through their back teeth. Besides which, Gadsby (and even Billy) have never said they won't sell Barnes. They have said that "they want to keep Barnes here", which is a major difference. The previous bid West Ham made was one of 3,500,000, to which Gadsby responded that it wasn't anywhere near the valuation. That means that it isn't definite that Barnes will stay. It means that there is a valuation of Barnes, that if a bid is made of equal to or (more likely) more than that valuation, the bid would obviously be accepted. Thus Gadsby has never lied to us, because not once has he said "we will reject every bid anyone ever makes for Giles Barnes". The board, who each put 5,000,000 of their hard-earnt money into this club, did this for two several reasons. Obviously one was to make a profit. You shouldn't be a businessman if you're not out to make a profit. But Gadsby, Horton, the Marples, Amott, Morris and Kirkland are all fans of this club. They are all football fans, and they all follow the fortunes of this club, as we do. Gadsby is there at every match and every friendly, not for appearence's sake, but because he follows the fortunes of the club. He could do a Keith and show up when he feels like it. He could do a Keith and not sign autographs and do pictures for the people waiting outside 3 hours before kick-off. But he does, and he has a proper chat with them about the match. Unlike Keith, who thought of the club as his own little toy. Why should he decide to continue, with the sh*t being posted on here? It's an absolute disgrace. If Gadsby does read this Board I'd be pretty depressed, and at the same time angry that the people who support the club that you buried out of the sh*t are turning on you because you signed someone they didn't like. As for the Board and budget issues, I've already addressed it.

Billy.

People are now claiming Billy is simply signing old friends to give them a paycheque and a chance in the Premiership. If Billy is signing old friends from Preston, do you think perhaps it's because he thinks they have something to offer the club? Do you think perhaps that it's because he knows them better than anyone else and he knows their abilities, their hindrances, and ultimately what they can bring to the pitch? No, because some people on this board simply don't think. They see things in black and white (no pun intended). Billy is a talented manager and he knows what he is doing. But obviously, as usual, the fans know better. Right about now it'll be the rose-tinted specs I'm wearing, right? No. If a manager can take us from a relegation fodder squad to a squad that can perform and win at Wembley in front of 85,000, I have no qualms in backing him all the way. When Billy Davies leaves this club it'll be a sad day for everyone. And unless people stop having digs at him and get behind him, that day will come sooner rather than later. He's already been annoyed at the fact that people were slagging off Mears and Howard last year. So don't make a f*cking habit of it, grow up, and get behind this team. Because if you don't, we'll be going straight back down. It might make Smiffy happy to have something to moan about, but don't let it happen.

I know this is a long thread but I had to put this in

Even their own members are starting to argue with each other
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old August 26th, 2007, 11:55 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I feel the same about Nugent .I think he is vastly over rated .

Also when people slag of Phil Brown and John Gregory i think there wrong .Please please remember who these managers had to manage under .They may be crap managers as it turns out but i think there time at Derby was ruined by the people above them .They deserve another chance ,especially John Gregory who i think loved the club thru and thru .

Really would have liked to have seen him succeed .

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2007, 13:51
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Our favourite forum is in turmoil, if you think we're down in the dumps on here, their ready to kill each other over there

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old August 29th, 2007, 16:51 Thread Starter
Premier Player

I think they are all getting ready for a mass suicide over there ... to be honest im surprised hasn't infaltrated our forum yet to look at this particular thread

and to be fair.. we don't now moaners and growners over there any way
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2007, 11:20
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Sooooooooooo, they've stopped moaning, and turned to this

http://forums.therams.co.uk/showflat...b=5&o=&fpart=1

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2007, 11:34 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Honeslty... After I thought that forum could get much worse... they start talking about Derby's sexiest player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... I'm sure this guy is taking this thread far too seriously here!!!

Oakleys ok... wouldn't kick him out if he farted...
Barnes has that cute cheeky grip but he isn't going to rip your clothes off and take you hard up against a Transit...
Howard might be a little too rough but hell, I love that [censored]...
Bob Malcom looks like he could show you the shag of your life. But there's always that niggling thought with him that you may never be seen again until the police dig up his patio...
McEverleys pretty hot in that Freddie Flintoff way...
Fagan... (See Barnes)...

And that's about it really...

Dear o me... is this what it has come to

Is really hoping one day we will create footballer's who are actually creative rather than have 'great' engines...is that hard to ask
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old September 6th, 2007, 16:14
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
That is just hilarious - It has almost reached a point where I sympathize with Derby
Well if women and gay people want to talk about which footballers are sexy I suppose it's up to them...there was some funny stuff in there though, and anythings better than talking about how crap we are

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in