The 2006/2007 season - Best and Worst Moments!!!!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2007, 12:35 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
The 2006/2007 season - Best and Worst Moments!!!!!

After having one of the most memorable seasons In recent history, I thought it would be only fitting to having this threat soo people can talk about the best and the worst moments from the past season..

I would say the best moment for me, would have to be my away day Hillsborough.. for ages and ages I had been wanting to go to away game but obviously commitments at uni, don't help the matter in the slightist.. so when the chance to go to Sheff Wed came up, I was bloody excited about going!!!.. and then what followed was one of the best games I have been to, the atmosphere from the Derby was just incredibile .. it was soo good.. and OOOO yess the 94th minute..... Stevie Howard pops up with the winner SHAZAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And for the worst moment, I would say was the Crystal Palace game because whilst watching that I could see our whole season just basically crashing down in just those 90 minutes, especially after Barnes went off injured, I just honestly thought our season had been done n dusted before a ball was kicked in the playoffs!!!!!!!

But all in all, in was a unbelieveble season!!!!!!!!!!

What are other peoples highlights from the season?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2007, 15:04
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Best Moments - Wembley of course, Sheff Wed home and away we're both great matches, but the best non wembley moment of the season has to be being at Elland Road, for our first win there in gaaaawd knows how many years.

Worst moment - Palace defeat as well, I like Durkos thought the dream was over that day...how wrong we were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old July 4th, 2007, 19:19
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
didn't get to watch any match this season but will get an opportunity this season because they are in the EPL

Best Moment - defeintely Wembley and the win against Sunderland on PK's, usually I have zero confidence with my favorite teams on penalty's but the Rams got the job done

Worst Moment - Losing to Plymouth in the FA Cup, would have been nice to make a nice run and play an EPL club side. In the league there was a few times I thought derby were going to miss out, I think twice towards the end of the season they went winless in three matches

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2007, 10:29
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit

Best Moment - defeintely Wembley and the win against Sunderland on PK's, usually I have zero confidence with my favorite teams on penalty's but the Rams got the job done
You mean Southampton And yeah, doubt many were full of confidence when it came to penalties, especially as we lost one earlier in the season. Helps alot when the other team goes first and misses though.

Forgot about the Plymouth FA cup match as well, that wasa really disappointing day, not that we lost, because promotion was priority, but we were just rubbish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in