LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 15:34 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Robert Earnshaw in record transfer Fee

EARNSHAW IN FOR RECORD FEE
Posted on: Fri 29 Jun 2007

Derby County have broken their transfer record with the capture of Norwich City striker Robert Earnshaw for a fee of £3.5 million.

The 26-year-old Welsh international has put pen to paper on a three-year deal and becomes the club's first signing since returning to the Premier League.

Earnshaw arrives at Pride Park with more than 150 club goals to his credit and an impressive scoring record at international level.

Rams boss Billy Davies said: "We are delighted to have a new striker on board with a fantastic track record in terms of goals scored at every level he has played, including the Premier League and internationals.

"Robert is a fantastic additional to my squad and I'm sure the fans will be excited that we have a new fox in the box for the new season."

Chairman Peter Gadsby added: "We have started with a record signing and it is our hope that the coming weeks will also be busy.

"We are determined to give Billy a squad capable of at least preserving Premier League status and we want ideally to have new players in place as soon as possible so we can approach the new challenge with a positive mindset."

The deal to bring in Earnshaw beats Derby's previous record of £3 million - the fee which snared Seth Johnson, Craig Burley, Branko Strupar and Giorgi Kinkladze.

Earnshaw made his name with Cardiff City and after more than a century of goals in South Wales he was snapped up by West Bromwich Albion for £3m in August 2004.

He was in and out of the West Brom team but still managed 11 top-flight goals in his first season, before Norwich City bagged him for £3.5 million in January 2006.

The pacy front-man netted eight times in his first 15 games for the Canaries and followed that up with a further 19 in 32 last season, despite a groin injury ruling him out for more than three months of the campaign.

Though born in Zambia, Earnshaw has scored 12 goals in 43 appearances for Wales, where he is a team-mate of Rams teenager Lewin Nyatanga.

He holds a unique record as the only player to score hat-tricks in all four divisions of the Football League and Premier League, the FA Cup, League Cup and at international level.

Earnshaw will be officially unveiled at a Derby County media conference early next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 15:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

wuuuuuuuhuuuuu finally we're off and running. Great start as well, he knows where the net is, and was in unbelieveable form last season before he got injured.

Get things started with a record transfer as well

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 16:01
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
Congrats... there you have a really good player.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 16:25
International

Great signing, always wanted him at Reading.

With Howard's height and Earnie's finishing you have the frontline to insure survival now imo.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 16:33
Rising Star

Teams: Arsenal
Decent signing thats what you need in prem quick striker.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 17:00
Premier Player

good signing.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 17:05
Star Player

decent player who should score at least 10 next season (hopefully none of those on his debut)
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 17:09
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Mmmmm quielty very happy about getting Earnshaw, because as Jimbo says he is someone who can find the back of the net and is very very quick as well, which will cause most defenders probs!!!!

His goal scoring record at Norwich is pretty good, scoring 27 goals in like 45 games !!!!!!!!

let's hope this is the start of bringing in quality players!!!!!!!!!!!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 17:31
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Always liked Earnie, he's fast and has instinct for goals.

Good luck
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 20:52
0-1, Huth.
International

Decent player and knows where the goal is. The fee is about right as well.

If Carlsberg did forum signatures......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!:
Nottingham Forest 2-5 Yeovil Town

May 2007
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 21:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Manchester City, West Didsbury & Chorlton AFC
Great signing for you. Whilst hes not a player to take a team into the top 6, I've always wondered why hes never really settled at a mid-table club like City or Fulham etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
Of course you need TGO you retards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutu
ill be honest, im plastered but i well into that women and she was me and i lost her ass
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old June 29th, 2007, 23:58
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
excellent signing for Derby, we need a proven Premiership goal scorer, and one who will of course score more than 10 goals. I still think Derby need to reinforce their defense though!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2007, 11:07 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One
Great signing for you. Whilst hes not a player to take a team into the top 6, I've always wondered why hes never really settled at a mid-table club like City or Fulham etc.
Yeah his goal scoring record is brilliant, even in his time in the Prem considering he was in and out of the west brom side. I was a bit surprised no-one was in for him when he went to Norwich, it's worked out well for us though

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2007, 11:20
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Good signing, the pacy striker we need, and at a reasonable price, especially compared to what Darren Bent's just been sold for.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2007, 11:46
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
Earnshaw is a bargain in my eyes. Normally a club would ask for 5 million plus for a striker who scored so many goals last season.

Earnshaw will score goals, it is what he does. He also has bags of pace and is a nightmare for a player to mark.

Go to the Coaching Thread

Link-https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4366994#post4366994

The Dream Team Project

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251243
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old June 30th, 2007, 12:11 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwall rule
Earnshaw is a bargain in my eyes. Normally a club would ask for 5 million plus for a striker who scored so many goals last season.
He had a 3.5 million buy out clause in his contract though Good thinking by Robert, don't think we'd have spent 5 million plus on him.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Last edited by jimbo jones; July 1st, 2007 at 11:47.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2007, 09:02
Star Player

Teams: Millwall, Juventus
You just have to look at the prices going around for Nugent who hasn't played in the Premier League before and you see that If a player scores 10 goals or more and is form the UK his price rises to crazy amounts

Go to the Coaching Thread

Link-https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4366994#post4366994

The Dream Team Project

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251243
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old July 3rd, 2007, 15:05 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Robert Earnshaw isn't bothered about having the record-signing tag added to his name.

The striker cost £3.5m from Norwich City last week to become Derby County's first summer signing since promotion to the Premier League.

It's £500,000 more than the Rams have ever spent before and with that can come added pressure on the player in question.

But Earnshaw told his first interview with RamsWorld that he isn't concerned.

"I'm used to taking things on my shoulders and carrying on playing and enjoying my football," the 26-year-old revealed in an interview soon to be screened.

"That's what I'll be doing here and hopefully I can be a big part of this team.

"I've got nothing to prove, I just want to play football, simple as that.

"I just want to be on the pitch. So many people ask me about West Brom, what it was like there, and I always say that it was good.

"I enjoyed the training, and I've got some great memories from playing at places like Highbury and Old Trafford, when we got draws at both grounds in the same season.

"I scored goals at West Brom and had a good time there when I did play so there's nothing for me to prove, all I want to do is play football.

"All I want to be is enjoying myself out on the pitch and I'm looking forward to doing that here."

Earnshaw arrives at Derby on the back of more than 150 career goals with Cardiff City, the Baggies and latterly Norwich City, as well as an excellent strike rate at international level with Wales.

He joined the Canaries in January 2006 from West Brom and scored 27 goals in East Anglia, despite also being troubled by injury last season.

And the lure of a return to the top-flight was too good to ignore.

"It was a must really, I couldn't turn it down," he said.

"The decision was whether I spent another year in the Championship or moved to the Premier League where hopefully I can get better and better.

"There really was no choice - I couldn't resist it."

Earnshaw is also looking forward to working with Rams boss Billy Davies.

"What he's said to me is that he wanted me to come, and with the amount of money the club has paid it was clear they wanted me playing here," he said.

"I want to play football and if I can do that in the Premier League, with a manager who wants me, that is perfect.

"I'm looking forward to working with Billy, playing against the best teams and doing well for this club."

Earnshaw will start his pre-season a week later than the rest of the Derby squad having been given an extra period away following an extended season that included internationals for Wales in June.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2007, 20:07
Star Player

Teams: Preston North End & Stade Rennais
Another classy signing. He will score plenty.

I have no sig. If anybody would like to make me one, please inform me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in