Players for the Premiership - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 101 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 22:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Players for the Premiership

Let's open this thread to find out what players we need to keep for next season, which players we should let go or are not EPL quality and possible signings Derby could make during the summer (realistic ones please) p

The status of Ryan Smith? Currie? Mears? Possible foreign signings?

I'll have to wait for the experts Jimbo, Durkos, Steel Neil to come, but I have a feeling they will be gone for a few days

anyway back to the topic, we already know Lupoli will be gone, he is returning back to Serie A. I have a feeling Peschy will leave the club, great service to the team but he could be useful as a coach. You guys think Bywater can do the job in the Prem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 101 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 22:12 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
some names which I found:
Dave Nugent (PNE) Rob Hulse (Sheffield Utd.) Darren Bent (Charlton) and I am sure Billy is going to svout Scotland

Also I read that Millwall are willing to put in a bid for Ryan Smith
post #3 of 101 (permalink) Old May 28th, 2007, 22:39
International

Really it comes to down funds and the image of your club in the current time, as you know the days of history and tradition being in the forefront of a player's eye are long gone,

2 of the 3 players you've listed above HS imo could be out of your league (no offence of course)
#
> Nugent will be looking at Everton (Boyhood club)
> Bent will be a targetted by the likes of Liverpool, Newcastle possibly West Ham (Basically teams willing to splash a hugh transfer fee as well as a huge wage)

> Hulse ( Depends whether he feels he owes the Blades a debt in taking a chance, plus imo you should be looking at a quick striker to play off Howards knockdowns)

Thing is how much money do you believe will be handed to BD? Will the Pride Park redevelopment project, any existing debts (if any), bonus, wage increases, transfer clause payments etc affect the budget?

Because in effect its only 50m, as the extra 10m is counted as parachute payments in the light of an immediate relegation.

Also do you reckon you will be able to match the likes of Newcastles, Evertons, Boltons of the prem in transfer stakes?

Last edited by The Sig; May 28th, 2007 at 22:46.

post #4 of 101 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 10:23
Rising Star

Teams: Hungary, Újpest FC
Where have you read about Hulse?? Never heard about him and Derby?

I'd love to see Koumas next season in a Derby shirt. But probably 5 mio could be spent better for a 15 goals striker, for example.

Ah and yes, Billy has confimed that he wants to keep Mears. I suppose he'll stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by szövkap
...but Serie A, give me redbull, cocaine, speed, extasy, redbull, espresso, guaraná and mate tea at once, I will fall asleep after 2 minutes.

EPL I might stand 3 minutes, Spanish crap 4 minutes, Bundesliga 5 minutes.

NB1 and magyarfociválogatott I could watch to eternity even with hard sleeping pills in me vains.
post #5 of 101 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 10:28
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
As far as I know, the transfer kitty is expected to be around £20 million, that's what's been reported anyway, but the board have already shown this season, that they are willing to put their hands deep into their own pockets for a bit extra if they and the manager think, a player can make a big diference to us,,,Stephan Pearson...a shrewd move methinks

But, the first season up still leaves you with limitations, top players will be looking for an already well established premiership club.

the first thing we need to make sure of is, Davies stays, I didn't like all the talk of him possibly not staying going on yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 101 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 10:59
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby boss Billy Davies has rejected rumours he could quit the club and has pledged to stay at Pride Park.

Davies' future at Pride Park was the subject of intense speculation after he refused to guarantee he would stay at the end of Monday's Championship play-off final win over West Brom

The Scot insists he intends to see out the remaining two years of his contract at Pride Park and lead them in the Premiership next season.

"Well I have said all along the focus was on nothing more than the games and it was important to try get this team into the Premier division which was always the main focus," Davies told Sky Sports News.

"At this moment in time it is my clear intention to see out the two year contract that I have got left and we will continue with the development of Derby County football club."

Davies is planning clear-the-air talks with the Derby board so that he can plan for next season

"Well just a bit of discussions need to take place. Like every other club when you get to the end of the season it is time to review and reflect on the season and see what we can improve on a number of different aspects.

"That is the only concerns at the moment. We have to sit down as a club and as individuals and open up discussions and hopefully try to move this wonderful club forward."

It has been suggested Davies was considering his future because he was unhappy at having to go through the season without an assistant manager after the club failed to bring in David Kelly from Davies' former club Preston.

Davies admitted it was a struggle to do the job without a right-hand man, but he is adamant he will have an assistant for next season in the Premiership.

"It is still clear a manager definitely needs a number two. He is so, so important to everything that goes on in a football club and I have said for weeks and weeks that I have certainly missed my right-arm and certainly missed a number two in place.

"It was David Kelly at Preston (his last number two) and unfortunately there is a situation there where we just have to wait and see what happens.

"He (Kelly) certainly is a fantastic number two.

"What I can say next season with or without David Kelly, Billy Davies will have a number two in place because a number two is very, very important.

"Certainly I have not undermined the work of the people that are here but they are all aware of the situation that we have been understaffed.

"The number two position is crucial and we have to bring in someone in that position for that role."

Bloody hell just pay Preston their compo and get Kelly here!

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 101 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 11:03
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Scunthorpe could be selling Billy Sharpe, that's a player I would take, would fit in with our team perfectly. And would be great playing off Howard.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 101 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 11:17
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Right then, a team for next season

Bywater

Mears? - Leacock - ???? - McEveley???

Barnes? - Oakley - Jones - Pearson

Howard? - ????

A new centre defender, and a new striker are the 2 major signings we need, the full backs i'm not sure about, Mears never really impressed until the play off games, where he put in some great performances. Ithink McEveley can be a good player, but has some work to do, so maybe get in another left back, but keep McEveley as cover.

Our midfield is good, though we need a good right winger, too leave Barnes to play through the middle.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 101 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 15:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
Bywater; Mears, ???, Leacock, ???; Barnes/Fagan, Oakley, ???, Pearson; Howard, ???

Bench: McEveley, Moore, S. Johnson, Jones, Barnes/Fagan, Macken

Possible players to sign? From England at least I suggest:

Darren Ambrose (bench player for Pearson on the left)

Alessandro Pistone (what? Maybe the injury has killed him, but I always thought he was reliable, could be a decent bench defender)

Gary Naysmith (Is he for sale? I dont know, I always thought he was a decent left sided player)

Malcolm Christie (Former Derby man right? Could be a good addition to the forwards if he regains fitness)

Antoine Sibierski (If allowed to leave Newcastle a good experienced signing and for free possible)

Damien Francis (A chance for him to move back to the prem)

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think you lot will know mroe than me about the players from the championship or below who you could sign.

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #10 of 101 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 15:10
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Arsenal of course
if you want any loanees you know where to come.

http://www.arsenal.com/squad.asp?thi...taff&clid=4436

I think Rhys Murphy would make a good back up striker for you, he's built like Howard and he's still a youngster

Di Stefano - the South American Wilshere!
post #11 of 101 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 15:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
Aliadiere would be a good signing for Derby.

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #12 of 101 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 16:11
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_Romano
Aliadiere would be a good signing for Derby.
Yeah I like Aliadiere. From the lower leagues, there's Sharpe, Eastwood and Healy too look at. Nick a few West Brom players Kamara up front with Howard, or try and get that Sagonowski from Southampton, can't score past us, but seems to bang them in for everyone else.

We could do with Davies finding another Pearson from North of the border as well.

It will be interesting too see if Davies looks abroad, something he's not done yet.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 101 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 17:22
International

Coem to London Colney before Bruce arrives with his mini bus and carts away the talent.
post #14 of 101 (permalink) Old May 29th, 2007, 21:08
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Mate, im still enjoying the moment, all this Premiership talk is distracting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #15 of 101 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2007, 11:01
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
Mate, im still enjoying the moment, all this Premiership talk is distracting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 101 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2007, 13:07
International

Could take Shane Long off us for a season, needs the games and would be a perfect foil for Howard.

What about Michael Duberry aswell?
post #17 of 101 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2007, 13:12
Star Player

stay well clear of Damien Francis as well. its alright to be extremely lazy if you have a minutia of talent, its criminal to do it if you havent

I'll pay you to take Lua Lua & O'Brien off us
post #18 of 101 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2007, 13:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Feyenoord & Spuds
Anthony Gardner would be a good one.

Lex Immers - Pace & power. Holland's #1 box to box player

Feyenoord forum - the place to talk about this phenomenon

Ronald Koeman "Oranje kan Immers goed gebruiken"

Fred Rutten "Feyenoord heeft Immers nodig"

Van Marwijk over Lex Immers: 'Stille kracht van Feyenoord'

John de Wolf “Dat is nou precies de aanjager, het ’etterbakkie’ in het veld dat Feyenoord in dit soort wedstrijden nodig heeft"

post #19 of 101 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2007, 13:32
FM of the Year 2007
Legend

Teams: RSC Anderlecht
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSilk24
stay well clear of Damien Francis as well. its alright to be extremely lazy if you have a minutia of talent, its criminal to do it if you havent
Francis is the kind of player who seem to relegate each year with his team p So I wouldn't buy him

Mattheus 7:1-6
Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.

Belgian Football Forum
RSC Anderlecht Thread
post #20 of 101 (permalink) Old May 30th, 2007, 14:52
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Well i've heard that Riggot wants to come back. Thats been rumoured for months. Christie i'd love to see him back and he's on a free, we need strikers and Chrisite is a good finisher on his day.
I Look at the players in current squad and the players who i think will be half decent in the premiership

Bywater

? -Leacock - ? - ?

Barnes - Oakely - Jones - Pearson

? - Howard -

I think as well we maybe need some creative foregin players who can use a bit of creativity to change a game cause as a team we can be very one dimensional and teams will find us out very quickly if we ain't careful. You look when we first got promoted to the premiership if we didn't have players like Asanovic who was crucial that season we might not have done as well as we did.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in