Game of the season! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2007, 17:23 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Game of the season!

As we draw a close to the 2006/2007 I want people's thoughts on what they think the game of the season has been so far... It can be either in terms of atmopshere of the games you went to or the importance of the game has had on our season :smileani:

In terms of atmosphere, I think everybody who knows me, would easily guess that it was Sheffield Wednesday for me brother's stag do, it was undoubtadly the best game I have ever been to in terms of atmosphere, it was amazing and the result to capped the whole of the day for me, especially talking to Jimbo at the end, well trying to talk to him, I think his voice had completely gone by the time I spoke to him, but obviously been chanting the whole game!!

Now in terms of importance, you could argue there has been so many good results we have achieved this year, winning at places like Coventry, Southampton and Leeds, where we have struggled in the past, certaintly would be up there.. But for me one game always stands out in my mind was the away win at Preston on New Year's Day, to me the whole day with Davies returning to Preston, Simpson managing against his former club, made for an interesting encounter.. To beat Preston at Deepdale is a phenamonal result and arguebly made most fans if not all fans, that we were serious promotion contenders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:00
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
especially talking to Jimbo at the end, well trying to talk to him, I think his voice had completely gone by the time I spoke to him, but obviously been chanting the whole game!!
Ah yes that was a great day, but only 2nd in the atmosphere stakes for me, away at Leeds was amazing, not as many people there as at Wednesday, but the place was rocking, I nearly got killed when we scored :howler

Another memorable day away at Southampton, an incredible game, we got absolutely battered for 45 minures, somehow kept it at 0-0, as the 2nd half went on, you could just sense we we're going to nick it, and when Stevie Howard put the ball in the net right in front of the Derby fans the roof came off That was the game that got people really believeing we could do it. And at the end of the gamem Davies and the players came over to the fans and celebrated like we had just won the European Cup

We've not been so good at home, but the 2 games that stand out for me, is the West Brom one, much the same as s'oton away, except we went 1-0 down and pulled it around 2-1, starting with the wonder goal from Matt Oakley.

And Sheff Wed, good atmosphere, and Jonesy's 93rd minute winning free kick My seats about 3/4's of the way up the stand, after it went in I was almost at the front, and those Wednesday fans always come too your place giving it the biggen, so it was brilliant realy giving them some stick at the end of that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 23:14
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Beating Leeds 1-0 at Elland Road, the first win their in my lifetime and it was long overdue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in