DERBY v Leeds @ PPS 06.05.07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2007, 14:58 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Leeds @ PPS 06.05.07

Well it's gone from possibly the greatest game i've ever been to, to being completely meaningless, i'm not even looking forward to it at all now, think the only people who are are the one's hoping for a fight, so it should be an "interesting" day.

Wonder what the team will be, he might look to make some changes, but with a sell out crowd, the fans will want some entertainment at least, and we need a boost to go into the play offs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old April 30th, 2007, 21:56
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Arrrrrrrrrrr Jimbo, come on mate don't totally make out the game is going to be a damp squid here , I mean I know we have nuffin to play for but at least It will give the chance for the fans to give appreaciation to the manager and players for a really really good season :smileani:

I mean if we take the game at face value, you would expect Davies to rest a few players like Bywater, Leacock and possibly Steve Howard.. I wouldn't want to see any of them pick up any silly bookings or suspensions in a meaningless game really!!

I think the question for me would be which team would you want in the playoffs, I was having a discussion with me mates and they asked who I would want and not want.. erm I said the teams I would like are Southampton and Colchester because I think they are both decent teams but we are capable of beating both of them on our day, especially with Southampton because they play such an open game versus team. If we cast our minds we went to the playoffs, we had Burley vs Davies when we went up to Preston in 2005, and you could argue that Davies totally out-taticarised Burley (btw is that a word)

So in that sense im confident, because we have the right manager for a playoff situation
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2007, 10:23 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
It will give the chance for the fans to give appreaciation to the manager and players for a really really good season :smileani:
Knowing half the arseholes, they will be booing ::rollani:

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2007, 11:01 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The side as a whole won't get booed, the morons scapegoats like Fagan probably will, Fagan got booed when he came on at the last home game, some of our fans are an embarassment.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2007, 11:07 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah well I worry about what some of our fans think is a good footballer anyway, apparently being fat, unfit, having dodgy knees, running around like a headless chicken and getting stuck in makes you a great player

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2007, 11:17 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Leeds United fans without tickets to Sunday's game against Derby County should stay away, police have warned.

Extra officers have been brought in to police the city and the ground after news that "problematic" supporters could make the journey to Derby.

Sgt Tony Rathbone from Derbyshire Police also warned bar and shop owners to think about increasing their security on match day.

He said extra officers would be on hand to deal with any incidents.

"We have been working with the British Transport Police and liaising with Derby's licensees because if some fans haven't got tickets, they will probably settle in the licensed premises in the city centre," said Sgt Rathbone.

"We advise bar owners to assess the people who are coming into their premises and think about whether they need to up their security."

He also reminded fans that running onto the pitch after the match was an offence and said everything would be done to keep Pride Park safe

Well that's alright then, they won't bother coming now

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2007, 11:47 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Right then, the play off situation...

3 Derby County 45 12 6 4 31 19 12 3 8 29 27 +14 81
4 WBA 45 13 4 5 44 24 8 6 9 30 31 +19 73
5 Wolves 45 12 5 6 33 28 9 5 8 22 27 0 73
6 Southampton 45 12 6 4 32 19 8 6 9 41 33 +21 72
7 Stoke City 45 12 8 3 35 16 7 7 8 26 24 +21 72
8 Preston 45 14 4 4 37 17 7 4 12 26 36 +10 71
9 Colchester 45 15 4 3 46 17 5 5 13 24 37 +16 69

I'd prefer either Colchester or Preston too sneak into 6th, Colchester is very unlikely now, they need a big win and the 3 teams above them too lose.

Preston also unlikely, as they need to 2 teams above them to lose and to beat Birmingham.

That leaves West Brom, Wolves, Soton and Stoke.

Stoke is the one team I really don't want us too play, their our bogey side, we can't handle their style of play, and when we lost I'd never live it down from the Stoke fans in my family.

I can see it staying as it is, big local derby, Wolves v West Brom and Derby v Southampton Davies v Burley the rematch, though if Stoke made it it would crazily be an all midlands play off, imagine that the Black Country derby and a North Midlands derby, Stoke v Derby has lost it's edge as a derby game (unless your from Uttoxetter) it would soon relight in the play offs though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2007, 11:47
Premier Player

To be fair, if the Leeds fans did come down and wanted to do some damager, they could start with Zanzibar, the place needs re-building ne way !!!
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2007, 11:53 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
To be fair, if the Leeds fans did come down and wanted to do some damager, they could start with Zanzibar, the place needs re-building ne way !!!
Get people outside the train station giving them maps to the place

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old May 1st, 2007, 11:56 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Right then then the fixtures to keep an eye on.

Colchester v Crystal Palace
Leicester v Wolves
Preston v Birmingham
QPR v Stoke
Southampton v Southend
West Brom v Barnsley

Really you would fancy them all too win except Preston, so that would leave the table as it is.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2007, 01:54
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
this game doesn't really matter but it is nice to get a win in the final match of the season, at home and before a tough playoff, and plus its Leeds
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:18 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I think we really need to win this game to be honest, everyone is so short of confidence right now, if we lose this game, we've as good as lost the play offs.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 2007, 17:08
Premier Player

I tend to look at this game from Jimbo's point of view, because we really need to win our final to give the supporters and espeically the team confidence!!
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2007, 10:57
World Class Player

Teams: AEK Athens & Dirty Leeds
If you lose you are a disgrace, we are in absolute turmoil, all season me and jimbo had built up this game to b one of the biggest, but now it is nothing.

It could be wise's last game in charge ( please lord) if a new chairman comes in which is probably likely.

Prediction

Derby 3-0 Leeds

05.04.00 - 05.04.09

9 years of hurt and pain.

An anniversary we never wanted, but one we'll never forget.

R.I.P boys.

"We're gunna stay with you forever"

NEVER FORGIVE, NEVER FORGET.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:02 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby: Giles Barnes has been ruled out of the game, and of the play-offs, with a knee injury picked up in the 2-0 defeat at Crystal Palace.

Goalkeeper Stephen Bywater is available again after sitting out the Selhurst Park reverse with a one-match suspension.

Darren Moore completes his four-game ban, meaning he'll be back in action for the play-offs, while the game may come too soon for Michael Johnson after hamstring trouble.

Boss Billy Davies has suggested he is likely to rest players and give others a run with the play-offs just around the corner.

Stephen Pearson got an hour under his belt in Tuesday's behind-closed-doors friendly against Hereford United and could be set for his first start since the end of February following a foot injury.

Leeds: Jonathan Douglas sits out his side's final game of the season through suspension.

And the visitors have an injury concern over defender Matt Heath, who missed last week's 1-1 draw with Ipswich Town.

Striker Tore Andre Flo is still on the sidelines with a foot injury.

Leeds have to win the game to stand any chance whatsoever of avoiding relegation - and even then they will be relying on Hull City to lose at home to Plymouth Argyle.

That on its own wouldn't be enough as there would then there would need to be a goal difference swing of ten in Leeds' favour.

THE REFEREE

Kent's Phil Crossley gets the chance to take charge of his sixth Coca-Cola Championship game this season having officiated largely in League 1 and League 2.

Crossley has been given 25 assignments so far in 2006/07 and in that time he has dismissed five players, along with a further 79 bookings.

He hasn't done a game at Pride Park since the final day of the 2004/05 season, when Derby beat Preston North End 3-1.

Crossley's last time in charge of the Rams came on February 14 2006 when he oversaw the 2-2 draw with Leicester City at the Walkers Stadium

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:25 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Police have been visiting known hooligans to warn them to stay away from this weekend's match between Derby County and Leeds United.

Fears that trouble could flare between rival thugs has prompted Derbyshire Constabulary to draft in more officers to police Sunday's game at Pride Park.

Hundreds of ticketless Leeds fans are expected to descend on the city, despite the fact that the West Yorkshire club's allocation of 1,500 sold out last month.

Rival gangs of yobs have also been taunting each other in internet chat rooms, with Derby yobs advising rivals how to and avoid the police.

In a bid to reduce the threat of violence, officers have been handing letters to known troublemakers on both sides, warning them of the consequences if they attend the game or area around the stadium.

The sale of alcohol has also been banned in the away end of the ground during the match, which kicks off at 1pm.

Superintendent Richard Oldknow, who is in charge of the policing operation, said: "We would strongly urge people considering coming to Derby without a ticket to think again. Our main concern is those people affiliated to Leeds who have been deemed as risk supporters.

"The message to them is that if they travel to Derby with the intention of causing trouble they will be dealt with firmly.

"For those other away supporters who are thinking about coming to the city, I would also advise against it.

"The game is not being featured live on Sky and there will be a limited number of pubs opening in the city on Sunday.

"People who do travel run the risk of being inadvertently caught up in potential disorder.

"I'm sure that is something nobody wants. The message is just as strong for the Derby risk group as well. We are not about to tolerate disorder at this stage of the season from any groups."

The Rams and Leeds have a long-standing rivalry, which dates back to the 1970s when they were among the top sides in the country.

Thugs associated with the Derby Lunatic Fringe and Leeds Service Crew gangs have been threatening each other in internet chat rooms for several weeks.

Police have spoken to licensees, warning them to review their security. They are also urging supporters not run on to the pitch after the match.

Supt Oldknow said: "We want people from both sides to come along and enjoy the match but anyone who attempts to invade the pitch faces arrest and the prospect of being banned from matches in the future."

I've never seen them go on about possible trouble so much before, it's clearly going to kick off, a police presence has never bothered the LSC before, and I'm sure a nice letter will keep all the DLF away

Keep well away from the train station on Sunday I reckon Durks, it's always around there that it kicks off.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:42 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I've just heard some terrible news, so bad in fact I couldn't bring myself to copy and paste it...

Michael Johnson could be fit for the play offs

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 10:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Now i've got over the disappointment of us completely throwing away the chance of automatic promotion, it's time to think of a possible trip to Wembley. I was too young to remember our last trip their to be honest, with no other Derby fan in the house it wasn't something that was taken a lot of notice of, it might have been diferent for Durkos and Neil even though their a couple of years younger than me.

It wouls be great to be able to watch Derby at Wembley and given our record in cup competitions even if we become a good Premiership side again, we'll still be crap in the cups, so the play offs is the best bet...no Anglo Italian cup anymore

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 11:40
Premier Player

Well if we look at playoffs in our recent history, they havn't been kind to us at all, obviosuly the disappoinment of 2005 we can all still remember... but if we go back to when we got to the Wembley which was in the 1993/1994.

From what papa durks has told me, during the season we by far one of the best teams in the league and really derserved to go up, but as we all know this very rarely happens.. and then obviously had the final with Leicester... where to this day most Derby fans would argue that Martin Taylor was fouled by Steve Walsh for Leicester's 2nd goal, which subsequently one them the game.. I hope sincerely this year we can end the playoff voo-doo and actually get to the promise land!!
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old May 4th, 2007, 16:41 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Leeds relegated after going into administration and getting docked 10 points, it's a disgrace really, and makes a mockery of the rule, the points should be deducted next season when they actually mean something, i vote we lose 10-0 on purpose, just to piss them off

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in