Crystal Palace v DERBY @ Selhurst Park 29.04.07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2007, 13:24 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Crystal Palace v DERBY @ Selhurst Park 29.04.07

Well all talk of possible promotion parties have gone out of the window, I'm not even bothering too go, though that's thanks too Sky, I've had enough with stupid kick off times.

Bywater's hearing is tomoorow, so we'll find out if he can play then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2007, 16:08
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Well in light of recent results, you could argue that it is a totally must win game, because I could probably say no Derby fans want's to go through to the play-off experience again
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2007, 10:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well with the way the games are scheduled, we will know on Sunday whether it is must win, Sunderland play Friday night, Brum saturday, then us last up on the Sunday. Davies should spitt his dummy out Mournhoesque

It puts us under great pressure, knowing we will need to win too stay in the race, or fingers crosses to over take one of the 2.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2007, 10:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Bywater given a one match ban, and Lee Camp recalled from his loan at QPR, a 1 match ban is not too bad, originally thought it could be alot worse, Alex Bruce escapes a ban though...tosser!

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2007, 14:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

TEAM NEWS

Derby: The Rams have a decision to make over who will line up in goal with Stephen Bywater having been banned for one game by the FA.

Lee Grant came on at Ipswich Town after Bywater was red-carded, while Lee Camp has been recalled from his loan at Queens Park Rangers.

Bywater's dismissal was overturned but he was then hit with a charge of improper conduct, which he admitted and was also fined for as well as picking up a one-game suspension.

Derby will also be without defender Darren Moore, who sits out match number three of his four-long ban.

Michael Johnson remains on the sidelines with his hamstring injury.

Palace: Winger Paul Ifill is back in contention after missing out on last Saturday's defeat at Barnsley through illness.

He played for Palace's reserves on Tuesday afternoon, alongside the likes of Danny Butterfield, Danny Granville, Tommy Black and Dave Martin.

THE REFEREE

Staffordshire's Anthony Bates takes charge of Sunday's televised encounter.

Bates has issued 114 yellow cards this season, with a further four dismissals, in his 38 games.

He was last in the middle for a Derby game back in September when he blew the whistle during the 2-1 defeat at home to Sunderland.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old April 26th, 2007, 16:05
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
I think we'll win this one, we've got to toake it to the last game of the season or it will be a massive anti climax...
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 09:07 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Not sure about a win to be honest, can see us only getting a draw for some reason, but depending on how things go elsewhere, that could be enough to keep us in the race on the last day.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 12:43
Premier Player

I'm not gonna lie here, but I must admit I'm proper up for Crystal Palace now, I think if we have anything about us we have to go there and be positive .... I mean we are the better team, the leage doesn't usual lie at this stage its about time that we went to a team and really showed them what we are all about

I mean its start tonight with Sunderland at home to Burnley, and I tell you something they will be a hell of pressure on Sunderland, because it has the potential to be a banana skin and the fans pressure can sometimes rub off on the players... and then we have Brum at home to Sheff Wed which really is big cause Im pretty sure if they win this don't they win the league regardless??

Anyway before I get writing into an essay about this, lets just stay postive as Noel would say, and keep believeing
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 15:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
Palace got nothing to play for. Therefore, I can see Derby getting a win there. Motivation plays a big part in these sort of games. And Derby are (or should be) more motivated than a half-decent / half-crap Palace team who have already started their summer holidays.

Palace 1-3 Derby
That's what people said about the Ipswich game...and they pissed all over us...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 15:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
I'm not gonna lie here, but I must admit I'm proper up for Crystal Palace now, I think if we have anything about us we have to go there and be positive .... I mean we are the better team, the leage doesn't usual lie at this stage its about time that we went to a team and really showed them what we are all about

I mean its start tonight with Sunderland at home to Burnley, and I tell you something they will be a hell of pressure on Sunderland, because it has the potential to be a banana skin and the fans pressure can sometimes rub off on the players... and then we have Brum at home to Sheff Wed which really is big cause Im pretty sure if they win this don't they win the league regardless??

Anyway before I get writing into an essay about this, lets just stay postive as Noel would say, and keep believeing
You've been watching central news haven't you Contary too what the @rseholes who run Central tv think, Brum can win on saturday and still not go up, dunno what makes them lot think that a win sends them up, how can it when there only 2 points ahead of us in 3rd?

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 21:49
Premier Player

GRRRRRRRRRR Sunderland manage to sneak a win 3-2 past Burnley, and fair play to Burnley at least they made a go of it and had a go at Sunderland... Well its about tomorro now, with Birmingham playing at home to Sheff Wed, it all fairness nothing but a Sheffield wednesday would do it for me because they are already 2 points of us, which a draw a would take them 3 points ahead of us and with their superior goal difference, they would go above us anyway.... But we just gotta win sunday!!!!!!!!
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 22:34 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
Screw them. They are all blatantly Forest fans. Or is that the wet w*nkers on East Midlands Today? Either way, cant stand them
That'll be East Midlands today, for some bizarre reason we get west midlands coverage over here, whichever one it is they seem to hate it when they are forced to mention [email protected]

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2007, 22:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well I can't see it happening, that's 2 games in a row I've been in pieces with results going our way, just for it too all turn on it's head, Wednesday are our last hope.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2007, 14:57
Rising Star

We must win this game
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2007, 15:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Still goalless at St Andrews...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2007, 17:18 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

2-0 to Brum it's all over, Preston won't beat Brum and Luton won't beat Southend, we probably won't even beat Palace

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2007, 01:02
Premier Player

You may Jimbo that Luton did very well to beat Southend but I'm sure you meant to put Sunderland you silly sausage.. and In terms of tomorrow I can see us getting a result, we just gotta believe here

Palace 1- Derby 2 .... Dave Jones last mintue free-kick!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2007, 11:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

well, they both begin with S...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2007, 11:52
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
2-0 to Brum it's all over, Preston won't beat Brum and Luton won't beat Southend, we probably won't even beat Palace
i like it. :smileani:

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2007, 14:19 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

1-0 Palace at half time, it's all over.

Might as well get Lupoli and Pearson on and attack in the 2nd half.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in