DERBY v Luton @ PPS 20.04.07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2007, 09:34 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Luton @ PPS 20.04.07

Well they still hung on too their Championship status at the weekend despite losing. They've lost 9 and drew 1 of their last 10 games, if we can't beat these we don't deserve to go up. They do have too win or their relegated though, so you'd expect them too just have a go.

Now it seemed to me we just lacked any sort of creation against Ipswich, Jones has had a calf strain I think, he picked some sort of injury up against Cardiff anyway, and hasn't looked the same since, and with Pearson missing, and even Currie not allowed to play v Ipswich, our midfield just never got into the game at all.

But Pearson is back in the squad, not sure if he'll be thrown straight into the starting line up, but i'd seriously consider it, I'd also start Currie as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2007, 09:57 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

our goal diference is +15 Brum's is +22 if it goes to goal diference we've had it...

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2007, 10:00 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

We need another Colchester performance on Friday night

Also we are now guaranteed a play off place.... woooooooooooooo

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2007, 10:03
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
That's how we ended the last run of no win in 3, would be great to do it again.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2007, 12:38
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
This has all the signs of an easy for us, against team who already know their fate, but you just wonder, I mean Im feeling pretty confident but at the back at the my mind I just can't help but think that a up-set may be on the cards!!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2007, 14:09 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

We're appealing the Bywater sending off, doubt we'll get anywhere though, also Nyatanga has been recalled from his loan.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2007, 16:22
Premier Player

Hmmmm who would you want to play Centre back though, Edworthy or Nyantanga? a natural centre half or a more experinced defenfer?

I personally wouldn't mind Nyantange having a bash there but in these high-pressured games would the pressure get to him?
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2007, 18:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

As I've stated many times, I'm not a big fan of Nyatanga, prone to mistakes...though he'd fit right in at the back at the moment, I'd stick with Edworthy.

The big discussion at the moment, is too bring back Mo Camara, he was dropped after 5 consecutive clean sheets, and we haven't kept one since...conincidence???

McEveley is much better going forward, and doesn't scare you to death every time he touches the ball like Camara did, but he does seem to get caught out of position alot, while Camara knew where he should be, it's an interesting one.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old April 16th, 2007, 18:43
Premier Player

Well for me, I've always believed to a full back should be pretty profiencent in both attacking and defending duties, As my old postion was left full back, I always liked bombing forward backing up the left winger but in terms of defending I was always very weary

Anyway enough of that, I have never really been a fan of Camera, because the guy just doesn't ave any pace in my eyes, he is probably a better defender than Mcevely but Im a big fan of the full backs being better attacking wise than defending so in my eyes I would stick with Mcevely there!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old April 17th, 2007, 14:08 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Stephen Bywater can play against Luton on Friday after the FA today upheld Derby County's appeal against his sending off at Ipswich on Saturday.

However, the goalkeeper now faces a second charge of improper conduct that relates to an alleged incident that took place after being shown a red card along with Ipswich Town's Alex Bruce.

The Rams have until 6pm on Wednesday to appeal against this new charge, for which the likely punishment, if found proved, is not known. Any hearing would take place next Wednesday, April 25.

Today's FA Disciplinary Commission also ruled that Bruce had been wrongfully dismissed. In both cases, the automatic suspension of three matches has been withdrawn, but the dismissal remains on each player's record. Bruce too now faces a second charge of improper conduct.

wow quite surprised by that, but he will get banned for the 2nd charge you would think, but at least he can play this game.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2007, 09:26 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
I would've have thought you needed him versus Palace & Leeds, and possible play-off games rather than this Luton game.
We need him as much as possible, I'd written him off for the season, so just playing this game is a bonus...how that can be overturned but Moore gets a 4 game ban I really do not know.

We'll have to wait and see what happens for the other charge.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2007, 09:26 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Leicester 1-2 Birmingham

More play off misery lies ahead

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old April 18th, 2007, 10:42
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
We're up against it now, but it's not over till the fat lady sings
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2007, 00:20
Premier Player

C'mon guys,get your fingers out and just do it,get that second place at a minimum.Theres a fair few Bears rooting for you up here,dont let us down!
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2007, 10:56 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
I really hope you get that 2nd automatic spot. Anyone apart from those Brummies and that dirty manager of theirs. Stay down Birmingham, stay down. I hope they choke and get a real spanking at Wolves :rollani:

EDIT: Bollocks. That was just in the heat of the moment. p

I hope you stay down regardless.

classic!!!

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2007, 11:02 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpaceCowboy
C'mon guys,get your fingers out and just do it,get that second place at a minimum.Theres a fair few Bears rooting for you up here,dont let us down!
2nd place is the best we can hope for, Sunderland won't lost 2 of their last 3 games, you never know what Birmingham are going to do, so their's still hope, but we've been playing lke a bunch of c**ts recently, we need someone to stand up and be a hero...

Pearo is back in contention at last, personally I'd start him and Lupoli for this game, Luton are there to be beaten we need to have a go.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2007, 11:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

TEAM NEWS

Derby: The Rams have goalkeeper Stephen Bywater available after his red card at Ipswich on Saturday was overturned.

But the stopper now faces a charge of improper conduct which he has denied and requested a personal hearing, to be held on Wednesday.

Darren Moore is sitting out the second of his four-match ban after he was found guilty of violent conduct following an incident in the 1-1 draw at Leicester.

But Derby have extra cover after recalling 18-year-old Lewin Nyatanga from his loan spell at Barnsley.

Michael Johnson remains on the sidelines due to hamstring trouble but Stephen Pearson is back in contention.

The Scotsman was on the bench at Ipswich and has had another week's training to boost his fitness.

Luton: None available at the time of writing.

The visitors know they must win the game otherwise they will be relegated from the Coca-Cola Championship.

THE REFEREE

Richard Beeby takes charge of the Friday night encounter at Pride Park.

This season's 37 games have seen the Northamptonshire whistle-blower issue 113 yellow cards and a further nine dismissals.

He has been the man in the middle for the Rams twice - January's 3-1 FA Cup win over Wrexham, and August's 0-0 draw with Norwich City.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2007, 13:16
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Bywater and Moore out :nervous: Luton will be desperate too but we really should beat sides like this at home
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2007, 13:45 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Bywater can play this one, the red card has been rescinded, and the hearing for the charge for the incident after he got the red card isn't until next wednesday, so he's ok for this one.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old April 19th, 2007, 19:04 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Seems as I've been Captain Negative all week, I'm going for a positive prediction

4-0 Derby Howard (2) Barnes and Pearson.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in