Birmingham v Derby @ St Andrews 09.03.07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2007, 10:40 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Birmingham v Derby @ St Andrews 09.03.07

Well there pitch looks like a right pudding, dunno if quality football is going to be on show in this one especially if it continues too rain through the week, looking at the state it was in against Cardiff I wouldn't rule out it being called off.

The Norwich win was massive, we can't drop out of the top 2 even if we lose, and now a point would be a fantastic result.

This game is gonna get some right hype over the next couple of days in the media, what's the betting on a 0-0 draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2007, 10:43 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

First bit of bad news, the referee for the game is none other than the Demon headmaster himself, Steve 'f**king' Bennett

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2007, 10:49
Abz
African WC haha
International

Teams: The Arsenal
Bendtner v Lupoli

Aaron Ramsey
Gotta love the Utd fans, one min hes Keane and Gerrard put together, soon as they find out hes not signing for them hes shite and they dont need him

Malcolm X

"You cant separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom"

NEVER FORGET THAT A LIFE IS A LIFE NO MATTER WHERE !!

yes this is for you lap dogs

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2007, 12:12
Star Player

urgh Bennett repulses me. a real jobsworth who you can tell gets a lot of satisfaction giving a player a card.

obviously the kid at school who used to tell the teacher they had forgot to set them homework today as well
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2007, 12:37 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSilk24
urgh Bennett repulses me. a real jobsworth who you can tell gets a lot of satisfaction giving a player a card.

obviously the kid at school who used to tell the teacher they had forgot to set them homework today as well
Yeah, I don't expect 22 players to finish the game, and there will probably be a penalty.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2007, 12:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilal Ribery
Bendtner v Lupoli
Wouldn't be surprised if Lupoli didn't play, 3 games in 7 days could be a bit much for him, and seems as St Andrew's pitch isn't fit for Sunday league football, it could be a waste of time playing him, I'd still have him on the bench just in case though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2007, 13:34 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
Be happy you didnt get Uriah Rennie
Bennett, Rennie and Riley should all be executed immediately...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old March 7th, 2007, 13:45
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
wow not looked forward to a Derby game this much in a long time, it could be a cracker, shame about the pitch which could spoil it.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2007, 10:09 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

TEAM NEWS

Derby: Michael Johnson misses out against his former club due to the hamstring injury that is likely to sideline him for six weeks.

Paul Boertien and Richard Jackson are also absent with knee problems for Friday's clash.

But the Rams have no other major injury or suspension worries as things currently stand.

Birmingham: Damien Johnson and Mikael Forssell both played for the Reserves on Tuesday night as they come back from hamstring and knee injuries respectively.

Forssell scored twice in his first 90-minute appearance since surgery last year and is edging closer to a return, though Friday's game may come too soon.

Centre-half Radhi Jaidi is available again after missing the Blues' last two games through suspension.

THE REFEREE

Kent's Steve Bennett has been handed the task of overseeing second v first in the Coca-Cola Championship's big weekend game.

Bennett is one of the elite list officials and his 2006/07 season has seen him take charge of plenty of high-profile domestic and European games.

In his 37 outings this season the whistle-blower has issued 123 yellow cards, along with a further 13 dismissals.

Bennett hasn't taken charge of the Rams since April 6 2002, when John Gregory's side lost 2-0 at Southampton.

On the scoresheet for the Saints that afternoon was current Derby skipper Matt Oakley.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2007, 16:36 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Strangely says nothing about Pearson in that, his foot is bruised, but no serious damage, but is still a week or 2 away from returning...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2007, 16:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Rams boss Billy Davies says his side will go to Birmingham City on Friday night looking for three more points - regardless of the state of the home side's pitch.

The St Andrews playing surface has been the subject of much discussion over recent weeks after being relaid at the start of the year.

Torrential rain and a game against Cardiff City last Sunday didn't do it any favours either but Davies says Derby must be prepared for whatever lies in wait.

"It's a concern when you look at it during the last match they played," Davies said of the pitch when asked for an interview soon to be screened on RamsWorld.

"Hopefully the dry weather ahs helped the cause this week and hopefully they've done a bit of work on it.

"No matter what happens though we'll go down there very confident, regardless of the pitch, and hoping to cause an upset.

"We will have a good look early on and make our decisions on the team from there.

"It will be a tricky pitch, the surface is not good, but at the same time sometimes you've got to play on these surfaces and do the best you can."

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old March 8th, 2007, 23:41 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

10 games left to go, after the Southampton game, and everyone saying we we're going to definately go up, I thought if we can get to 10 games to go and still top with a 6 point gap from 3rd, then I will start to really believe we are going to do it... wel that's where we are, it didn't look like we would get there after the Sunderland game, but we have, but at that point I thought it was a 4 horse race, Derby, Brum, Preston and West Brom (though I seemed to be the only one who thought they was in it) but 4 more teams have come back into it now.

And even at this point I still can't feel certain we will do it, unlesswe win tomorrow, then surely we must do it, if we win tomorrow and don't go up I'd be devastated.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2007, 10:56
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
Good luck guys! It would be nice to watch you play against Brum, but I'm in the stadium myself. Big game for the FCN after two league defeats.

Oh, if you get a win today, you could be generous towards us next week.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2007, 11:30 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiollama
Oh, if you get a win today, you could be generous towards us next week.
Never, QPR is down as one of the must win games I've got ticked off which will take us up...and there can be no Sympathy for Gregory

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2007, 11:30 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's second v top in the Coca-Cola Championship tonight - and Derby boss Billy Davies reckons the pressure is on the home side.

The Rams went back to the top of the table on Tuesday thanks to their 2-1 win at Norwich City, and opened up a two-point gap ahead of Birmingham City.

Now they travel to St Andrews looking to extend that advantage over the Blues further and really put the onus on the chasing pack to get results.

"It's a big game of course for both clubs," Davies told RamsWorld.

"But the pressure is on the home side because they can't afford to lose the game.

"We will certainly go down there knowing that if we win the match then the gap will be very good for us at this stage of the season.

"We will go down with confidence, to be positive, and certainly with the aim of picking up three points."

Billy playing Mind Games

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2007, 11:34
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
Never, QPR is down as one of the must win games I've got ticked off which will take us up...and there can be no Sympathy for Gregory
I thought he'd get a warm welcome.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2007, 11:39 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiollama
I thought he'd get a warm welcome.
I doubt it

I'm caught in two minds, whether or not to ask for the day off when I go to work later, on the one hand when I'm at work we keep winning, and I've suddenly become all superstitous, but on the other hand I want to go and just too give Gregory abuse for 90 minutes

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2007, 12:24
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
'd take the draw right now, 1-1 will do so there's at least some goals too see.
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2007, 16:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's going to be a nerve jangling night, not quite so bad after the comfort zone gained by the win at Norwich, but I'm terrible at listening to games on the radio, I become a nervous wreck even when we're winning.

If we can get something from the game it will be a big result and a massive boost for the promotion push.

COME ON DERBY!!!!!

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2007, 16:40 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Birmingham v Derby - (Birmingham 10/11 Draw 9/4 Derby 5/2)

Birmingham welcome back Mikael Forssell following knee surgery, although Gary McSheffrey, Rowan Vine and Nicklas Bendtner are likely to retain their starting jobs.

Damien Johnson is also fit for manager Steve Bruce after missing last weekend's 1-0 win over Cardiff with a hamstring complaint.

Derby boss Billy Davies is definitely without Michael Johnson (hamstring), an injury that could sideline the defender for the rest of the season.

Paul Boertien is set to miss out again with a calf problem while Stephen Pearson is still a week or two away from recovering from a foot injury.

Skysports.com prediction 2-2

I'd take Sky's prediction, don't know if my nerves could though

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in