DERBY v Hull @ PPS 10.03.07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2007, 13:50 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Hull @ PPS 10.03.07

Brown the Clown brings his boys down to Pride Park. He had a good start there, but has lost 3 and drawn 1 of the last 4 matches, so I doubt there looking forward to the trip down here. But they are still fighting for survival and I'm sure Clown will have his team up for this one.

Looks like he could be in for some stick, I'm not one for booing ex players or managers, but if someone comes up with a song about him being a clown, I'll have to join in

Fagan can't play for us, Doyle can't play for them, Fagan has picked up 10 yellows as well now, and is suspended for 2 games, hopefully this counts as one of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2007, 16:29
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Well yeah tis return of the man with access to the sun 24/7 el Tan man Phil Brown

I remember putting the news on here last year, about Phil Brown getting sacked and probably the most un-surprised bit of news about Derby County I have herd in a long long time up to the point, the guy as we all know was n pretty decent number 2 at Bolton

But I think the job at Derby, was too big for him especially with the "then" club's financial situation, and the fact we were a team in transation after the sacking of George Burley and a lot of key players leaving!!... but anway enuff of the past lets look to the future

Lookiing to game 9 game winning streak, I had no idea until Peter Drury said, that the only other Derby team to win 8 games in a row, was the great Brian Clough of the late 60s when we got promoted to the old 1st divison... this Derby team at the moment, is just like a steam train at the moment and nothing will stop us from winning any game

I'm hoping this game, we dominate precedings from start to finish and realli show everybody why we are the best team in the league!!!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2007, 21:24
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
Going down

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2007, 12:11 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Some classic Phil Brown quotes from his time as Derby manager

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Phil_Brown

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2007, 09:39
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Brown on top form there That's what madehim so unpopular,he jus talked complete ubbish allthe time.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2007, 10:18 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

TEAM NEWS

Derby: The Rams are without forward Craig Fagan, who begins a two-match ban for picking up his tenth yellow card of the season.

He wouldn't have been able to play anyway due to an agreement between the two clubs when Fagan joined Derby in January.

Otherwise, boss Billy Davies has a pretty-much full deck to play with as only Paul Boertien sits on the sidelines through his knee injury.

Hull: The Tigers have been dealt a blow this week with the news that the versatile Ryan France has been ruled out with a serious cruciate knee ligament injury.

Midfielder Dean Marney is also unlikely to feature after coming off during their weekend defeat to West Brom with a thigh strain and a dislocated shoulder.

Stephen McPhee is back in training this week and could be in contention for Saturday's clash if he comes through unscathed.

And deadline-day signing Nathan Doyle is ineligible - he joined Hull from Derby, and is subject to the same agreement as Fagan.

THE REFEREE

Mick Russell is the man in the middle and he makes his first Pride Park visit on the back of 22 games this season, during which time he has issued 46 yellow cards and three reds.

Most of the Hertfordshire official's matches this season have come in League 1 and League 2.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old February 9th, 2007, 15:58 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'm trying to be really confident about thisone, but i just have this bad feeling that the Clown will come back to aunt us, i'm predicting 0-0.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2007, 10:50
Premier Player

I'm going for 2-0 Derby, Howard and Pearson.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2007, 11:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Hull have signed ex-Arsenal and England midfielder Ray Parlour until the end of the season.

The 33-year-old was a free agent after being released by Middlesbrough.

Tigers boss Phil Brown said: "To get a player with Ray's experience is fantastic for us."

Good ol' Charlie Dimmock

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2007, 11:13 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I've now decided we're either going to give them a hiding and win 4-0, or lose 1-0 . . .

I just can't get used to this winning every week, all I keep thinking is, we've gotta drop some points soon...surely???

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Last edited by jimbo jones; February 10th, 2007 at 12:00.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2007, 11:30
Rob
A true hero
Forum Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Hull City Tigers
Drop some points, that's the spirit.

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2007, 12:33
Premier Player

Hmmmmmm Im gonna go for a 2-0 Derby win!!!!!

Howard and Teale, I think will get his first goal today, come on ya RAMS!!!!!!!!!!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2007, 17:12
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
disappointing 2:2 draw at home to Hull, they scored in the dying minutes and it wasn't a great match for the Rams, still in first though but Birmingham have 3 games in hand and Preston are now in 2nd
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2007, 17:30
Premier Player

I think really we are disppointed with just a draw at home to Hull, but still a good point and we have not lost this one, soo at least the points are still ticking over...
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2007, 19:28 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

bloody hell, we should have won that, it's stange how we score more than one so we go lettin goals in, we controlled the game more than we have any game for a while, but we don't win it. But I just knew we wouldn't win today, other results have gone our way though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2007, 12:41 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well lets be positive, it's another point on the board, we started saturday 6 points clear and we're now 7 points clear (brum 0-0 with Stoke at half time) we saw more glimpses of what Pearson and Teale can do, our first goal was just amazing, the more our new look midfield is playing together the better it is looking, and to be honest I think taking of Oakley could have cost us, he was looking tired, so Davies obviously thought it was best to take him off, but bringing Bisgaard on meant we lost the holding player in the middle, and that's where there goal came from, but oh well, a lesson has been learnt.

You can't win them all as they say, and were still 9 games unbeaten.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2007, 12:55
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
A point is a point, I wouldn't be too disappointed. But just against Hull.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2007, 15:43 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiollama
A point is a point, I wouldn't be too disappointed. But just against Hull.
Yeak, I'd have taken 4 points from the Southampton and Hull games before a point was kicked, just couldn't help feel really disappointed yesterday, Hull never really looked like scoring, apart from the free kick, and then suddenly with 3 minutes to go there breaking away, with spare men and ripped us open, which shouldn't have happened really.

Looking back over the weekend today, it can be ticked of as another good weekend, where we keep a 6 point cushion

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2007, 13:05
Premier Player

A bit disappointing, but we didn't lose, and the 6 point gap remains, and now only 14 more games to go.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2007, 10:47 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby County's goalscorers in Saturday's 2-2 draw with Hull City have made the latest Coca-Cola Championship Team of the Week.

Gary Teale put the Rams in front on 29 minutes with his first strike for the club to put the finishing touches to a length-of-the-field run by Stephen Pearson.

And the Scotsman is joined in the select XI by Darren Moore, who netted the second goal in first-half stoppage-time with a downward header for his second goal of the season.

Hull had equalised Teale's strike through Andy Dawson's free-kick, then they levelled again with two minutes left thanks to a David Livermore effort to earn a point.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in