FA Cup 5th round - Plymouth Argyle @ Home Park 17.02.07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2007, 19:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
FA Cup 5th round - Plymouth Argyle @ Home Park 17.02.07

I didn't know the Fa Cup went into February

It's the first time this millenium we've got this far, and it's about time too, we've always under achieved in the cups, 1 FA cup win in 1946 is poor for a team like us who's been playing since the dawn of time

It does mean the league game v Norwich is going to be re scheduled, that'll give Brum a chance to catch us up, but oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2007, 19:29 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The 15 (18 seems as 3 ties are yet to be decided) teams left in the draw

Middlesbrough / Bristol City
Tottenham
Man United
Reading
Watford
Fulham
Blackpool / Norwich
Ipswich
Preston
Plymouth
Blackburn
Arsenal / Bolton
Chelsea
West Brom
Man City

Looking at the list the obvious ones too hope for if you want the big game is Man Utd and Arsenal, and Chelsea as well, home or away doesn't really matter. Spurs also would be a good one.

Man City at home, they'd brings loads and it'd probably be a full house, wouldn't be too excited about a trip to a half empty Eastlands.

If they won their replays away games at Bristol City or Blackpool would be good trips as well.

Teams I don't want are any of the Championship sides, Blackburn, their looking good and their crap support wouldn't make for the big game atmosphere, don't want Reading either, Watford away would be alright, always wanted to go their, don't wantthem at home though.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old January 28th, 2007, 19:36
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Hmmmm I really don't know which team I would like to us face in the next round, it depeds again on which scenerio you would want

Either you want to test against yourself against Premiership oppostion, and more than likely go out, or you want to face a lower league team and progress into the Quater Finals, I mean lets just what team the draw throws up first!!!

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 10:00
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Man United at home will do me
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 11:01 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Ball number nine is the one to look out for in this afternoon's draw for the fifth round of the FA Cup sponsored by E.ON.

The Rams take the ball once more after seeing off Bristol Rovers 1-0 in Saturday's fourth-round encounter at Pride Park Stadium.

They are in the last 16 of the competition for the first time since 1999 and there are a number of tasty-looking ties to be had.

The draw takes place at 1.30pm today and we'll have all the news here at www.dcfc.co.uk as soon as it is announced.

All the numbers for the fourth-round draw are as follows:

1 Arsenal or Bolton Wanderers
2 Watford
3 Bristol City or Middlesbrough
4 Chelsea

5 Ipswich Town
6 Tottenham Hotspur
7 Plymouth Argyle
8 Reading

9 Derby County
10 Manchester City
11 Preston North End
12 Manchester United

13 Blackpool or Norwich City
14 Blackburn Rovers
15 West Bromwich Albion
16 Fulham

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 12:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Middlesbrough / Bristol City
Tottenham
Man United

Reading
Watford
Fulham
Blackpool / Norwich
Ipswich
Preston
Plymouth
Blackburn
Arsenal / Bolton
Chelsea

West Brom
Man City

I bolded the teams I'd be interested in, home or away, don't matter
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 12:49
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
I didn't know the Fa Cup went into February
hehe... same with my 1.FCN and the DFB cup.

Good luck for the draw. In 40 mins you'll know more.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 13:36
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Plymouth away
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 13:39 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Plymouth away, terrible draw imo, a boring one, it's miles away, and their a hard team to beat at their place.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 13:50
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
Oh, oh... watch out for Kevin Gallen. Before the 3rd round Holloway said he never lasts long in the cup. Maybe that has changed. But anyway... don't be too pessimistic. Good luck.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old January 29th, 2007, 13:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
However you must think that if Derby get a win they will be in the QFs and just a couple games away from the final

However, first things first it is Plymouth. A draw and a replay would be a decent result for you lot.

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2007, 11:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean'06Campioni

However, first things first it is Plymouth. A draw and a replay would be a decent result for you lot.

I'd rather lose, promotion is more important than a place in the Quarter finals of the FA cup.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2007, 11:37 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
Plymouth, another pointless football club. Just like Stoke.
Nah, there not that bad, they've had promotion in recent years, no-one comes close to being as pointless as Stoke, though they could put an end too all that this season.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2007, 12:18
Premier Player

Well not a great draw, we should be confident that we can win though.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old January 30th, 2007, 13:17 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Ticket details for Derby County's FA Cup fifth round clash at Plymouth Argyle have been confirmed.

The game takes place on Saturday February 17 at Home Park, with a 3pm kick-off.

The Rams have an allocation of up to 3,000 seats at Home Park, priced £22 for adults, £15 for seniors (over 65) and students (full-time), and £6 for juniors.

I wouldn't mind going, wonder how many other people will be up for it though . . .

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2007, 10:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Cup week then, it will actually be nice to have a game without the pressure of the league, and it gives Brum the chance to play one of their games in hand, their away at Palace on saturday, Southampton are home to Barnsley, West Brom are away at Colchester on tuesday night.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2007, 13:06
Premier Player

Yes, the cup for us, but i'm sure we'll all still be keeping an eye on what other teams are doing.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old February 14th, 2007, 16:42 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The Rams will break another record when they take on Plymouth at Home Park on Saturday - by chartering a plane to a domestic match for the first time in the club's history.

Table-topping Derby's fifth round FA Cup tie is the first time the club have got to that stage of the prestigious competition since 1999 and the side will be literally flying high as they bid to reach the quarter-finals.

A 31-seater Scotairways Dorner 328 aircraft, complete with captain, first officer and cabin crew member, has been arranged to take Billy Davies and his squad from East Midlands Airport to Plymouth Airport - a journey that would take around five hours by coach.

At a stage of the season when the fixtures are piling up thick and fast - the Rams take on Stoke City in the Coca-Cola Championship at Pride Park Stadium just four days after (Wednesday February 21, 7.45pm) - the flight should help aid player recovery.

Rams' managing director Mike Horton explained: "As far as I know this is the first time this has done in the club's history.

"The management, coaching staff and medical team feel a one-hour plane flight will be much more beneficial to the players' recovery than a five-hour coach journey, especially in light of the Stoke game coming so soon after Plymouth."

Derby manager Billy Davies added: "The club have recognised the need to do all we possibly can to prepare the players for the remaining matches of the season.

"It's very important that with the Stoke game on the Wednesday night we recover from our efforts at Plymouth as quickly as we can and we believe a short flight will help us do that.

"As we enter the business end of the season that extra little one per cent we're able to get out of the players here and there could be very helpful in achieving our aims."

Derby County have of course always flown to pre-season tours and to the famous European games of the 1970s, but this is the first time the club has chartered a plane for a domestic fixture

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 00:01 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
I wonder if Sunderland took a flight to Plymouth last weekend. According to google its 412 miles from Sunderland to Plymouth.
Must be a nightmare, Carlisle - Plymouth is the longest though.

Derby to Sunderland is the worst i've done, going in the club coach didn't help, they can make Derby to Wolves seem like a round the world trek.

The trip don't to Southampton the other week in the car wasn't bad at all. not going Plymouth no-one wants to drive it and it's over 90 quid on the train

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old February 15th, 2007, 12:01 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby: Skipper Matt Oakley and forward Craig Fagan are ruled out through suspension.

The Rams are also without winger Gary Teale and defender Jay McEveley, who are both cup-tied.

Plymouth: Centre-backs Mathias Doumbe and Hasney Aljofree are suspended, while striekr Rory Fallon is cup-tied having already appeared in the competition with Swansea City this season.

Also suspended is striker Barry Hayles, while midfielder Akos Buzsaky is ruled out with a hamstring injury.

And left-back Tony Capaldi is a doubt with a groin problem.

THE REFEREE

Top-flight official Mike Dean has been given the assignment of Saturday's FA Cup clash. The Wirral-based whistle-blower last took charge of the Rams in September 2003, when he oversaw a 3-2 win over Watford at Pride Park.

This season he has been the man in the middle on 30 occasions, during which time he has issued 103 yellow cards and handed out seven dismissals.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in