What If? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2007, 13:08 Thread Starter
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
What If?

I know this has no real relevence at the moment, but I was just thinking the other that Derby could have actually played in a European Competition in the late 80s because of finishing 3rd in Division 1. However this didn't happen because of what happened in Heysel 5 year earlier, with the Liverpool and Juventus fans during the 1984 European Cup Final.

I just wonder if the clubs recent history might have been different if Derby had played in the UEFA cup during the 1990/1991 season.. I know from looking back that after that particular season we got relegated from then the "old" first division, so would have things been different you think??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2007, 13:18
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
The big thing with this is, if we had gone into europe, maybe that fat c**t Maxwell, would have stayed interested in the club a bit longer, instead of letting it fall apart. And if we had stuck around untill the start of the Premiership, then things really could have been diferent . . . but we didn't, and at least we got rid of that fat c**t, and Lionel Pickering came in and eventually took us too the Premiership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2007, 14:08
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
The "What If?" - thing is quite amusing/interesting in terms of football. You can spend hours and hours over some beers going through all the possible turnarounds in your clubs history. I like that.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2007, 14:10
Star Player

what if?...... the Juve game in the 70s wasnt fixed? would've Longston have stopped acting like a cnut? where would Forest be?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2007, 14:12
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, like the season we were relegated from the Premiership . . . what if Malcolm Christie's disallowed goal against Man Utd stood and we won 3-2, what if the linesman when we played Newcastle wasn't blind and missed that 2 of their goals were miles offside

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2007, 14:26
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSilk24
what if?...... the Juve game in the 70s wasnt fixed? would've Longston have stopped acting like a cnut? where would Forest be?
I don't like talking about that :depress:

Everything they did was with our manager most of our players, and should have been us. It pains me too even think about it.

It's made for such a bitter rivalry, even if most of the rest of the country just ignores us, it amazes me how many clowns i've seen from somewhere like Stockport who seem to think Forest v Notts County is the big rivalry in this part of the world, amost Forest fans don't even hate County at all, most people just feel sorry for them

We hate them for having the success we should have had. They hate us because Cloughie is Ram

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old January 24th, 2007, 14:43
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Brian Cloughie is a Ram! is a Ram! Brian Cloughie is a Ram! He hates Forest!!

There's been plenty of what if's with Derby down the years, we've always been a club which does well for a few years and then does really badly for a few years, right the way from the start in the 1800's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in