DERBY v Plymouth @ PPS 30.12.06 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2006, 14:25 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Plymouth @ PPS 30.12.06

The last game of 2006, and one we really need to win, after only picking up 1 point from the last 2 games. It's quite amazing that we're still joint 2nd and 3 points ahead of Soton in 4th really.

We can't afford more dropped points here though, we should beat Plymouth at home, and we want revenge for the game at their place, though if Michael Johnson plays again, they'll probably get 2 more penalties, I don't think it was too much of a coincidence that when he came on yesterday, the defence went from solid too shaky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2006, 15:23
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Very important we bounce back from the Wolves defeat, just as the good run took us up the league, a bad run can see us drop just as quickly.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2006, 00:01
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
As Noel Edmonds would say " This has the makings of a very interesting game ", ermmm after the Boxing Day against Wolves, I feel as if we need to respond positively to show us that it was a just a minor blip

This is also a game that we should be looking to win comftably but as we all know Derby very often do this, and often squeeze a 1-0 win or something along those lines!!!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2006, 11:47 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Looks like Boertien is going too be out for a couple of months at least again

Leaves us in the sh!t for a left back, the choice of Mo Camara or Michael Johnson, people have said play Seth left back but I don't think Davies will do that.

Of course Jackson can play on the left as well, that's who I would play but Davies might go for a natural left footer.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Last edited by jimbo jones; December 28th, 2006 at 11:53.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old December 28th, 2006, 11:52 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby: Definitely out is defender Paul Boertien, whose injury jinx seems to have struck again after he suffered medial knee ligament damage in the Boxing Day defeat to Wolves.

It is not yet clear how long he will be out for but he won't play on Saturday, leaving Mo Camara or Richard Jackson his most likely replacements at left-back, while Michael Johnson could also drop in after taking over from Boets against Wolves.

Plymouth: Winger Bojan Djordjic is on the sidelines with a fractured cheekbone, as is captain Paul Wotton - who has suffered knee ligament damage.

Paul Connolly is back in action again after hamstring trouble and played in the Pilgrims' Boxing Day draw with Cardiff City.

THE REFEREE

Colin Webster travels down from Tyne and Wear to blow the whistle in Saturday's clash.

Webster was last in charge of the Rams when they drew 3-3 at home to Ipswich Town in November 2005.

He has officiated in 18 games this season, during which time he has issued 54 yellow cards and dismissed five players

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old December 29th, 2006, 11:34 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Rams boss Billy Davies's major selection headache for Saturday's game against Plymouth Argyle surrounds the left-back slot - but he is considering "freshening up" his side.

Paul Boertien had established himself on the left of the back four but is facing a spell on the sidelines after picking up a medial ligament injury in the defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Boxing Day.

Davies says Mo Camara and Richard Jackson are the two main candidates to replace him, but the gaffer also admitted that changes are in the pipeline as Derby prepare for two games in three days.

"They are the two we have got and Boets being out gives the opportunity for someone else to come in," he said in an interview now being screened on RamsWorld.

"I have said before that when a team goes on a run of two defeats in 12 games it is difficult for good players to be patient.

"But there is a door opening and it is up to someone to come in and do the best they can to keep the place for the rest of the season."

Richard Jackson. Empics
Richard Jackson. Empics

The visit of Plymouth will be Derby's third game in a week, and it comes just 48 hours before they travel to Deepdale to face Preston North End on New Year's Day.

It is a busy time in the life of a footballer and Davies acknowledges that some of his players could do with a break.

"Freshening things up on Saturday was always in my head as I think it is very important to do that over a tough period like this," he said.

"You've got to look at the squad of players you have got and the type of personnel available.

"We certainly do have one or two in our team who could do with a rest so that is definitely in my thoughts.

"I'm sure that we will see one or two fresh faces for Saturday."

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2006, 10:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

A prediction then, well we should win the game, they only beat us at there place becaus of Michael bloody Johnson and I think Camara giving away 2 penalties.

I think there could be a few changes too the side today to freshen it up, hopefully Jackson not Camara, but also Malcolm, Bisgaard and Lupoli could be in for starts, I would also like too see Smith.

A freshened team will get the win, 2-0 Derby Lupoli and Bisgaard.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2006, 10:53
Premier Player

I'm going too say 2-0 Derby as well, Howard and Barnes the scorers.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2006, 12:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Before I head out I'd just like too say

COOOOOOOOOOOOOME OOOOOOOON YOOOOOOOOU RAAAAAAMSS

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2006, 16:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
yes!!!! about time, Bisgaard scores in the 82nd minute!! come on you Rams!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old December 30th, 2006, 17:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Derby remain third with 47 points, equal with Preston. Birimingham are running away with the league, now 6 points above the Rams and Preston. In 4th are Southampton with 44 points
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2006, 12:22 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Another good win, not a great performance, but we looked rock solid at the back again even with Camara, who too be fair is probably better than Johnson, their both teriible though. It may be my defenders mentality, but it pleases me too see the team like this looking so solid, sure great football and loads of goals is nice too watch, but I like too see our defence being solid as well, Plymouth could have carried on playing all weekend and they wouldn't have scored

Good too see Bisgaard get a goal as well, and great play from Lupoli too set it up (he needs to start 2moro) and well finished on his weaker foot.

After the euphoria of November, this month has shown up were the weaknesses are in the squad, and there definately needs to be signings made, and there will be, I'll go into that more in the transfer thread.

And the end of the day it's another 3 points on the board

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2006, 12:23 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Morten Bisgaard admitted to a "fantastic feeling" after bringing 2006 to a close with the winning goal against Plymouth Argyle.

The Dane struck ten minutes from time to earn Derby a 1-0 success that keeps them third in the Coca-Cola Championship, level on points with second-placed Preston North End - who they face on Monday.

Bisgaard was back in the team for his first start since November's win against Ipswich Town and responded by neatly tucking home his second goal of the campaign.

"It was a fantastic feeling as it seemed like we couldn't break them down," he told www.dcfc.co.uk.

"But Lupo (Arturo Lupoli) made a great pass in and I was lucky that it came to my deadly left foot!

"I had missed some chances in previous games so that gives me great confidence.

"It was so important for me to get the goal and because it was the winning goal it makes things even better."

On the back of defeat at home to Wolverhampton Wanderers on Boxing Day, it was important for Derby to get back to winning ways and keep the pressure on at the top.

It sets things up nicely for Monday's game at Preston as second host third at Deepdale.

"It was a great win, personally and especially for the team," Bisgaard continued.

"Particularly after the Boxing Day game when everyone was devastated and training afterwards was a strange feeling.

"This is a really great win and it will bring us plenty of confidence for Monday."

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2006, 13:24 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Good attendance yesterday as well 25,775, always going to be down from the boxing day one, but good too see it at 25, hopefully it will stay around there and above now, no more crap 22,000 attendances.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2006, 13:26
Premier Player

Yet another win, another clean sheet as well, not the best football in the world, but you'd take another 20 of them.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2006, 14:20
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Yeh, along the same lines as Jimbo here, not a great performance by any stretch of the imagination, I think this wasn't helped by the fact Plymouth had no real interest in getting anymore than a draw out of the game
I think now, its the results matter more than the performance because if we can sustain winning our games, then no-one can overtake us in the league.... Although the squad is definintly needing improvement I think still, Camera just looks totally out of it at the moment not realli giving any of the centre backs confidence at all!!!... I would like to see at least 2 new full backs being bought as well, as another centre forward.. I think I would like to see Stead go back, because I think there are better strikers out there that fit the bill to be honest

But all in all, a very happy new year for Derby County!!!!!!!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old December 31st, 2006, 18:42 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah Camara is [email protected] but still better than Johnson, I'll do my piece on new signigs soon, not today though I'm too pissed already

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in