DERBY v Wolves @ PPS 26.12.06 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old December 23rd, 2006, 16:45 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Wolves @ PPS 26.12.06

Rams fans are being urged to book their seats for the Pride Park visit of Wolves (kick-off 3pm) on Boxing Day as soon as possible as ticket sales have passed the 30,000 mark.

Sales have been so good that tickets for Derby supporters are now only available in the home section of the South Stand.

The Pride Park Stadium ticket office is open from 10am-4pm tomorrow (Christmas Eve) and tickets can also be bought online at www.shopdcfc.co.uk

Awesome

I can't even remember the last time we had any fans in the South Stand, it's usually all used for segregation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2006, 13:58
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Yeah it'll be like the old days, seeing Pride Park full again, should be a good atmosphere as well, having home fans in the South always helps. I wonder how much segregation there will be, the board have said they hope for a sell out, which would be 33,000+ not sure a full sell out is I know there 33,597 seats, but we have too lose some for segregation as there's not a defined away section.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2006, 14:26 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

We gave them 4,000 and something, and for sales to have gone over 30,000 already they must have sold at least 3000 I would have thought, I looked on their site, and it says no more tickets available at Molinuex but tickets are available on the day.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2006, 18:20 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
Their average attnedance this season at Molinuex is something between 19 and 20.000, so its weird seing them take 3.000 or so to Derby.

I think they in for a hammering. When we played them, they were piss poor. No different to us.
I'm more surprised at how low there home attendances have been, they've always been very well supported, they used too regulaly get 26,000 in this division, and last season they we're averaging about 23/23,000, but everyone's attendances except Norwich's seem to be down this season, I personally think Brum and West Brom's attendances are a disgrace I know when you come down you can expect the crowds to go down abit, but when we did in our first 7 home games we had 2 30,000+ crowds and 2 29,000 crowds, that season I remember Leicester moved into the Walkers and we're getting big crowds, now when teams come down their supporters seem too disappear.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old December 24th, 2006, 18:23 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Might as well get it out of the way early, prediction time. I'm confident that with the big crowd behind the team will deliever, we usually do well when there's a big crowd in, I personally feel a few players in this division can freeze in front of the big crowd because there not used too it.

I'm going for a 2-0 win Howard and Stead.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2006, 17:45
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
I'll go 3-1 to Derby with goals from Howard, Barnes and Lupoli

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2006, 21:32
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Well here we are to the traditional boxing day game, that all fans love after the crimbo day festivities... I gotta a good feeling to be honest about the game 2moro as....... I really think that we could send out a message to the league here about our intentions this year

Im gonna tip for a 3-0 rams win, with Barnes and a Howard double 2moro, come on you RAMS!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old December 25th, 2006, 21:49 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Nowadays I look forward to Boxing Day much more than I do Christmas Day, especially with it being against Wolves with a 30,000+ crowd, it's shaping up too be a cracker, I can't wait for it.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2006, 11:43 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Finally the boring bit of christmas is out of the way, and we can get ont the good stuff, I don't think i've looked forward too a game this much since the Scum went down

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2006, 12:08
Premier Player

I predict a Derby win, I reckon 1-0 from a Matt Oakley goal.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2006, 18:09
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
2:0 loss, good thing is that Preston also lost today to WBA but Birmingham are running away with the league
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2006, 19:38
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Disappointing result really but like Billy Davies said in his interview this is a good reality check for the club, because a few fans may have thort that we were invincible in this league!!!

I just hope that we dnt have our blip now!!, because we reealli want to try and stay in the front running for promotion!!!
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old December 26th, 2006, 22:45 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Start on the good note, 31,920 Attendance And only 2,433 Wolves fans, we've never had a big attendance with that few away fans before, but for the first time ever, Derby fans occupied more of the South Stand than they away fans did, it was a great sight to see, helped the atmosphere as well, shame we didn't score, the place would have been rocking.

We had the chances too win the game 2nd half after a pretty poor first half, but we hit the bar and post and Matt Murray had a great game, the goal from the free kick was poor, sloppy marking for a short free kick and then sloppy marking in the box. The 2nd was the sort of goal that is only scored in the last minute when the team chasing the game throws everyone forward.

The only worry for me, is the goals are drying up a but, only 3 in the last 5 games, when we were scoring 2 a game in November, think we could still do with a pacy striker who can run in behind the defence.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2006, 06:47
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
good win for the wolves, too bad that preston failed to take avantage.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old December 27th, 2006, 15:20
Premier Player

Disappointing result, we're still in a good position though, looks like Birmingham will run away with the league, but the fight is on for 2nd.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in