West Brom v DERBY @ The Hawthorns 2.12.06 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2006, 11:10 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
West Brom v DERBY @ The Hawthorns 2.12.06

In search of the 7th win in a row then...but November will behind us, and Billy Davies surely will be named as manager of the month...and we all know what happens to teams when that happens.

You'd expevt a tough game at West Brom, but things don't seem to be going too well for Mowbray at the minute.

I'll be there again, if Durkos can get another student loan he might be as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2006, 11:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

If we win, and Preston, Cardiff and Brum all fail too win (draw or lose) then we go top of the league...I'm feeling dizzy

It's a long shot, but you never know.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2006, 11:25
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
I am little bit more pessimistic in this game for you guys. I say a 1-1 draw at best to hope for. You cant win forever so shouldnt be too disappointed even if you did fail to win at a tough ground. I will go with 1-1 and Lupoli to score a late equaliser again

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2006, 11:29 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'd take a draw from this game quite happily, we can't win forever, but no harm in keeping the unbeaten run going, think Davies went 16 games with Preston last season, that will do for us as well

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2006, 12:12
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I think in the grand scheme of things a draw would be an excellent result, but in the current run we are in I think we would be wanting a win here, because WBA are in a bit of a slump at the moment, I notice that they are currently 8 points behind us in the table which just shows how the times have changed at both clubs

I think also that this could be a big game in our season because it could show wether the team is capable of going to a place like the Hawthons and getting a result there.. who knows what outcome the game will bring but its sure gonna be a tense affair

Im gonna sit on the fence tho and say that it will be 1-1 with Stead getting the goal
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old November 30th, 2006, 15:12 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby: Matt Oakley missed out on the win over Ipswich Town with a calf strain and will be assessed before a decision is made over his fitness for the weekend.

Edging closer to a return is striker Paul Peschisolido, who is building up his own fitness after a thigh injury.

And midfielder Bob Malcolm is making good progress following an ankle operation a few weeks ago, though he is not yet ready to come into consideration.

WBA: John Hartson and Neil Clement both used a midweek reserve game to try and boost their fitness following injury problems.

Steve Watson and Nathan Ellington both played in the clash with Sheffield Wednesday after failing to play a part in Tuesday's Coca-Cola Championship defeat to the Owls' senior side.

THE REFEREE

Kent's Phil Crossley takes charge of the Rams for the first time since February 2006, when he presided over the 2-2 draw at Leicester City.

He has blown the whistle in 16 games this season, ranging from the Football League Trophy to the Championship, and has issued 45 yellow cards alongside three dismissals.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2006, 13:30
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
I'm gonna predict a 2-2 draw, that will be a good result, too keep an unbeaten run going, you can't win every week

Lupoli too score a couple.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2006, 13:54 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'm going to be confident and optimistic, and predict a 2-1 Derby win, Lupoli and Howard too score

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2006, 15:47 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby County fans have snapped up all of the club's initial 2,600 allocation of tickets for the Coca-Cola Championship clash at West Bromwich Albion - but 200 more will be on sale at The Hawthorns tomorrow.

They will be available for cash sales only at the Baggies' ticket office as the Rams will be once again backed by a tremendous following with Billy Davies's boys in search of a seventh successive victory.

Should be another cracking day, looking forward too it

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2006, 21:56
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Nobody predicts WB win ?!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2006, 22:34 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albion
Nobody predicts WB win ?!
Well it is the Derby forum, and we're looking for a 7th straight win, nobodies likely too

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2006, 07:47 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Been up bright ad early watching the cricket, almost time too concentrate on the foorball.

This is a big game for us, and too really show our promotion credentials, obviously the slim chance of us going top of the league, but also going to the home of IMO the best team in theleague, even if their not looking like it at the minute, if we can go there and win, the talk of there being a long way too go and still needs time to build, will not wash anymore. We're manouvering into a promotion push here, and even Davies himself, who is being cautios about talking promotion has said, if you get a chance to go up you have too take it, and then speed up the rebuilding from the Premiership.

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!!

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2006, 15:52
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
scoreless at halftime, a draw wouldn't be terrible for Derby

Cardiff are being held to a draw, Preston losing, Wolves and Southampton also being held to draws, meaning a win would do a lot of good if the results stay
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old December 2nd, 2006, 17:20
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Full Time

WBA 1 - Derby 0

The run was bound to come to an end sooner or later, to be fair I think a draw would be a fair result in the end because both teams had enough chances to score throughout the game which was good
You can't have a go at Davies team selection has he played 3 strikers from the start of the game which was a good sign
Im not disappointed whatsoever, because we are still in a strong postion in the league and have not lost any ground in the league at all

Perhaps Jimbo will shed more light on the game as a whole!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2006, 01:34 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Many people are having ago at Davies team selection, because of the dropping of Seth Johnson, it made no sense to me, but oh well, we had plenty of chances 2nd half, but didn't trouble Hoult enough. They desreved the win IMO.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2006, 18:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Couldn't be arsed at 1:30 last night, soI'll go into a bit more detail now.

I still don;t understand why Seth was dropped, he's been running the show from midfield, and Bolder just can't influence the game like he can.

But the biggest problem we had yesterday was the complete lack of width, it was lupoli and Stead occupying wide roles 1st half, who are both forwards, and Bisgaard and Barnes 2nd half, who are both centre midfeilders really, though both can play wide, both do drift in centre alot as well. And where was Ryan Smith, not even on the bench I've been saying it for weeks, but it's time he had his chance, too give the team some natural width, that's my only real gripe with the team at the moment, we need a new centre half but we can't do anything about that, ad as for Paul Boertien, the man is a legend, I demand Durkos and Neil take back all the sh!t they've said about him in the past Reminded my of Terry Butcher 2nd half playing with his head bandaged

Funny thing is West Brom are still 5 points behind us
They passed the ball around like a premiership side, but their shooting was terrible, which i guess is their problem, fatty Hartson's goal took a deflection.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old December 3rd, 2006, 18:35
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Well the run had too end sometime, and as for Boertien, you know I've never rated, but everyone says he's playing well, so fair play too him.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old December 4th, 2006, 00:46
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
Well if you have to lose sometimes... but its how you bounce back which will be important in deciding whether you can get promoted or not.

As the old saying on Soccer AM goes..

Bounce Back Ability.

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old December 5th, 2006, 09:54
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
You had to lose a game sometime. But still 4th...

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in