Derby County Academy - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2006, 18:06 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Derby County Academy

I'm guessing there should be a thread about the Derby County youth teams, as they have been providing some good players for the first team recently and they tend to do well in competitions across England.

Anyway, Derby County have drawn either Doncaster Rovers or Hartlepool in the Third Round of the FA Youth Cup.

This the the squad, maybe Jimbo or Durkos or the guys living in Derby can name some more players

Ross Atkins, Jason Beardsley, Mark Dudley, Matt Richards, Theo Streete (on loan at Doncaster) Miles Addison, Alex Fleming, Mario Loesch, Jordan Mutch, Paris Simmons, Robert Ujcik Karl Ashton, James Meredith, Tyrone Shepard, Jake Kean, Alex Forde, Mitch Hanson, Stephen Cann, Greg Mills

*Matt Richards, Karl Ashton and Ross Atkins play for the England U18's
*Robert Ujcik plays for the Slovakian U19's
*Mark Dudley seems the be a talented left-back, he trained for Manchester United but he did not sign which surprised people, he wound up at Derby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old November 17th, 2006, 23:13
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
You don't hear as much about the youth players as you used too, now we don't have any reserves.

But our academy has got a lot better, a Derby player getting picked for an England youth team, used to be a massive thing, now it's a regular thing, which is good too see.

Richards and Ashton are the too I'm waiting for too try and break through, and Lionel Ainsworth who's on loan at Bournemouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old November 23rd, 2006, 14:56
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby County will travel to Doncaster Rovers in the third round of the FA Youth Cup.

Rovers saw off Hartlepool United after an epic penalty shoot-out for the right to host the Rams.

The Earth Stadium encounter had finished 1-1 after normal time and a further 30 minutes failed to separate the two sides, so it was down to spot-kicks.

And an amazing 28 shots later the tie was over when Rovers' Waide Fairhurst netted the winning strike to send his side through 12-11.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2006, 10:48
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Rams Academy midfielder Matt Richards will today celebrate his 17th birthday by signing a two-and-a-half year pro contract with the club.

The first year scholar and England U17 international is pictured with managing director Mike Horton and manager Billy Davis penning the deal that keeps him with the club until the summer of 2009.

The Derby-born player said: "To sign professional forms is a dream come true. And to do it at my home-town club, on my birthday, makes it extra special.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2006, 12:10
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I think since the new Training facility has been built, the youngsters have really started to develop and improve big time... we are constantly making good players in the likes of Huddlestone, Camp, Grant and Barnes etc, lets hope this good traditon carries on at Pride Park!!
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old December 1st, 2006, 13:29
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Yeah, the academy has been really important for us in recent years, and hopefully it will continue o be in the future.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 10:02
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Skipper Matt Richards led the way with a double as the Rams' U18 side made it through to round four of the FA Youth Cup after a 4-2 extra-time win over Doncaster Rovers.

Richards, who recently signed his first professional contract with the club, netted his first goal of the night six minutes before the break as Derby dominated the first half.

The visitors were rocked just after the hour when Doncaster equalised, but striker Karl Ashton headed home a 76th-minute corner from Richards to restore their lead.

It looked like the Rams would go through in normal time but Rovers - who had beaten Hartlepool after extra-time and an epic penalty shoot-out in the last round - equalised with two minutes left.

But the extra 30 minutes saw Derby take control and they were back in front again on 100 when Richards drove home a low shot.

And it was game over on 110 when full-back David Wood made it 4-2.

Derby now await the draw for the fourth round and will be looking to pass last season's achievement, when they reached the same stage only to go out away to Blackburn Rovers.

RAMS: Ross Atkins, Jason Beardsley, David Wood, Matt Richards (C), Miles Addison, Mark Dudley, Paris Simmons (Robert Ujcik 98), Mario Loesch, Karl Ashton, Alex Fleming, Mitch Hanson.

SUBS: Anthony Robertson, Tyron Shepherd, Jake Kean

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 10:04
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Good too see Richards leading the way and Ashton with a goal. Like I've already said these are the 2 I'm expect to be the next too break through.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old December 6th, 2006, 16:41
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Well done too the youngsters.
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2006, 13:06
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The Rams' reward for Tuesday's FA Youth Cup victory at Doncaster Rovers is a home tie against Barnsley or Leyton Orient in the fourth round.

A double from skipper Matt Richards and goals from Karl Ashton and David Wood saw the U18 side get past Rovers with a 4-2 win after extra time.

Now they are awaiting the outcome of the game between Barnsley and Orient, which takes place on December 13, to find out who they face in the next round.

The game will be played at Pride Park Stadium on a date yet to be confirmed.

You'd think we should be beating either of those two.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old December 8th, 2006, 15:04 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

definetely, good to see success in these tournaments
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old December 9th, 2006, 19:07 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

where would you guys rank the Derby academy in England? I know its not as good as ones like West Ham, ManU
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old December 10th, 2006, 08:38
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's up there with the best now I think, just behind the leading ones, easily in the top 10.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old December 14th, 2006, 14:13
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Barnsley will visit Pride Park Stadium in the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup after seeing off Leyton Orient on Wednesday night.

The Tykes won 2-0 at Oakwell in their third round encounter for the right to take on Derby's U18 team in the next stage.

Derby reached the fourth round thanks to a 4-2 extra-time win at Doncaster Rovers last time out.

Last season they were beaten at this stage by Blackburn Rovers, 2-1 at Ewood Park.

Hopefully we will win, I'd be disappointed if we didn't.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old January 4th, 2007, 15:50
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Defender Theo Streete, who had been on loan at Doncaster Rovers, has been released after the expiry of his short-term professional deal with the Rams after he graduated from the Academy last summer.

Fellow Academy product Tom Cumberworth, meanwhile, will stay with the club for another six months in a bid to earn himself a longer deal.

Midfielder Cumberworth's scholarship was disrupted by injury and he signed professional at the same time as Streete, only to again pick up a serious knee injury that has kept him out of action since August

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old January 9th, 2007, 10:09
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

2007 got off to a losing start for the Rams' U18 boys but their performance made a mockery of the 3-1 scoreline as they went down at Leeds United.

Derby put in one of their best performances of the season in terms of the way they applied themselves and created chances but slipped up as individual errors were punished.

"The boys played really well, as good as they have played all season, but three individual errors led to the three goals," Academy manager Kevin Thelwell told www.dcfc.co.uk.

"We were never going to score four goals away from home to win the game.

"It was disappointing from an individual error point of view but in terms of the general play, the quality of the chances we created, I was very pleased.

"It was a case of being delighted with the performance but disappointed with the result."

Leeds opened the scoring nine minutes in and were two-up by half-time as the Rams failed to deal with a long throw.

But they stuck at their task with great heart in the second period and were rewarded when Miles Addison headed home after a well-worked corner.

Derby looked well set to go on and claim something from the game until Leeds wrapped it up with a late third.

"In terms of the way the boys applied themselves and stuck at the task in hand - we asked them to create more chances and get forward more without losing their shape and discipline - they did that well," Thelwell added.

"It was a good experience for them and a good performance but the individual errors let us down

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2007, 17:01
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Argentina, Russia, Greece, Israel, Czech Republic
How are James Meredith and Tim Rasmussen doing?
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2007, 18:45
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Neither have been involved in the 1st team this season, Meredith went on the pre season tour of Austria, and was hoped too have maybe got into the 1st team setup this season, it's not happened yet though.

I don't know anything about Rasmussen, not even what position he plays :embarass:

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old January 14th, 2007, 19:31
BANNED!
Legend

Teams: Argentina, Russia, Greece, Israel, Czech Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
Neither have been involved in the 1st team this season, Meredith went on the pre season tour of Austria, and was hoped too have maybe got into the 1st team setup this season, it's not happened yet though.

I don't know anything about Rasmussen, not even what position he plays :embarass:
Thanks.

Find out.
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old January 15th, 2007, 00:36 Thread Starter
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Meredith signed a pro contract last season, Derby should send him out on loan, Westley had good words about him

Rasmussen, tried looking him up, not much is known about him

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in