DERBY v Barnsley @ PPS 01.11.06 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2006, 12:32 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Barnsley @ PPS 01.11.06

Derby: Michael Johnson is the Rams' biggest injury concern ahead of the visit of Barnsley to Pride Park Stadium.

Johnson tweaked a hamstring during the first half of Saturday's 2-2 draw at Cardiff City and a decision will be made after treatment this week.

If Johnson does miss out then Derby will have a ready-made replacement in Darren Moore, who is available again after sitting out the Cardiff game through suspension.

Barnsley: Reds boss Andy Ritchie has a full squad to choose from as he looks for a response from his side after the 1-0 defeat at home to Coventry City on Saturday afternoon.

Looking to shine for Barnsley will be winger Michael McIndoe, who had a loan spell with Derby towards the end of 2005/06 before making a summer move to Oakwell from Doncaster Rovers.

THE REFEREE

Andy Penn takes charge of Derby County for the first time.

West Midlands-based Penn has officiated in nine games this season and issued 19 yellow cards, along with one red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old October 30th, 2006, 13:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
who??? p

anyway Derby should win this match but this team has more away wins than home win
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2006, 10:04 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
who??? p

anyway Derby should win this match but this team has more away wins than home win
Not hard, when like us and Hull they only have 1 home win....shows how poor our home form is, this is one we really should win though.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2006, 10:05 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Michael Johnson out for 3 or 4 weeks, got everyone going on about Nyatanga again

We must be looking too bring someone in at least short term now though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2006, 12:14
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Hmmmmm well I must say, I have been un-impressed with Johnson performances this season, I think he should have been moved on at the start of this season. The guy is past it now in my eyes, he concedes far too many free-kicks now, because he needs to climb on defenders backs to reach the ball....

Now doubt Jimbo will have something to say about this, but I think he should have been moved on!!!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2006, 14:41 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I totally agree, I find all this talk of the great form he's been in this season a bit strange, he's just been the usual Johnno, 100% commitment for the cause that you can't fault, but he's past it now and needs replacing, and he does give away far too many silly free kick for climbing and shirt pulling...as does Moore.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Last edited by jimbo jones; November 1st, 2006 at 11:39.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2006, 22:40
Premier Player

Ahhhh spot on Jimbo there!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old October 31st, 2006, 22:42
Star Player

Andy O'Brien would be an ideal replacement imo
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2006, 11:40 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Our home form is always awful We had that run when Pride Park first opened of a long time untill we lost the first game to Villa, since then it's been crap every season, and we've always relied on good away form.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2006, 12:03
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
A game we should be winning, a 2-0 win for Derby, Howard and Lupoli will score.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2006, 12:11 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, I think we'll get the 3 points, I'll go for 3-1 Lupoli to get a hat trick

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2006, 12:45
Premier Player

I will be also looking for a comftable win over Barnsley tonight, Im gonna go with a 2-0 Derby win, with Howard and Lupoli to get the goals!!!!!!!!

C'mon Derby!!!!!!!!!!!
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2006, 20:08
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
First time that I put a bet for Derby...and theyr down 0:1 alredy

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2006, 21:26
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

two goals in four minutes for Barnes!!!! still not over yet
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2006, 21:40
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Derby win 2:1, Barnes scoring twice in a span of four minutes, nervous result but they got the win which is important, interesting to see where Derby stand in the table after today's victory
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2006, 22:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Derby are 9th with 22 points from 15 matches

1. Cardiff 15 33
2. Preston 15 29
------------------
3. Burnley 15 28
4. Birmingham 15 27
5. WBA 15 26
6. Plymouth 15 25
--------------------
7. Wolves 15 23
8. Southampton 15 22
9. Derby 15 22
10. Coventry 15 22
11. Luton 15 22
12. Colchester 15 21
13. Ipswich 15 21
14. Leicester 15 21

tight race, Derby have to be consistant and start winning these come matches, Derby aren't even that far away from the 2nd spot but maybe thats thinking too much
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old November 1st, 2006, 22:37 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well we pulled that one out the hat, 55 minutes on the clock I was writing us off for the season

But Barnesy has finally found his shooting boots, not seen these 2 yet, but it sounds like it's 3 fantastic goals, all from around the edge of the box, in 2 games, the first one today was with the left foot as well.

One thing is clear this 4-5-1 business has too stop at home, it works away but not at home, we we're awful 1st half, changed to 4-4-2 and got into it more, but we don't get the balls into the box, Stead went off Lupokli up front and Smith on the wing, and it made all the diference, I didn't mind Lupoli out wide at first,a nd away from home it's fair enough, but at home get him up front, he comes to life when he gets near the goal, unlucky again today had a few chances and hit the post.

It's 3 points welcomed, but it was a good result rather than a good performance, but at least we can win playing badly which is always good.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2006, 09:38
Premier Player

Yeah fair point from Jimbo there, I think if we played another decent team we would have been badly punished... Yet again I had the game on Yorkshire radio on the internet so it was Barnsley commentary, to be fair the first half sounded pretty desperate with Barnsley having the fair share of the chances created...

2nd half sounded as if we stepped a nouch, and really created and started to push Barnsley back into their penalty area.. to be fair I had left to go out for "Walsall Wednesday" after we was still losing 1-0, but then as soon as we got up there checked my fone and noticed we was winning 2-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... well happy I was at that!!!!

Giles Barnes seems to be turning it on now, which is a great sign for us as he could be a real catalyst in pushing us up the table, hmmm who is thinking about a possible play-off push now or are we wll content with a mid-table postion this year??
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:02
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
With Lupoli here for the year then this could be a good chance to make a promotion or at least play-off push!

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old November 2nd, 2006, 11:04 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Billy Davies declared after his side's second home win of the campaign: "We owe our fans an apology for that first half performance."

The Rams boss was furious with Derby County's sloppy approach in the first 45 that saw struggling Barnsley go in at the interval with a 1-0 lead. Billy responded by replacing Jon Stead with Ryan Smith at the break and later introducing Morten Bisgaard for Adam Bolder.

"The substitutions brought us more quality in the second half," Billy told RamsWorld. "We had been talking in the past few days about taking the right approach and bringing the right energy to this game, but one or two of my players simply turned up tonight and didn't listen to those words, so we got what we deserved in ther first 45. It was unacceptable."

Even after Giles Barnes won the game for the Rams with two stunning strikes, Billy stressed lessons had to be learned before the visit of West Brom this Saturday.

"We have to play with a lot more composure at Pride Park," he said. "Barnsley were a potential banana skin, so it's an important three points for us, but you can make life difficult for yourself against the bottom teams and we certainly did that in the first 45."

Injuries hadn't helped the preparation, he said. "We had to make some changes with Johnno out at the back and Morten carrying a tight hamstring, then Matt Oakley pulled out with sciatica. Unfortunately the ones who got their chance tonight let themselves down. There were some poor performances but there was more determination and more courage in the second half and two good goals.

"We came in with a sloppy approach even though the game plan was set days ago. It shows we have to stay 100% focussed."

Billy added: "We now have to make sure our mindset is right going into the next match. Maybe we have learned our lesson tonight.

I know know why Bisgaard was dropped, especially with Oakley out again, I must have said it a thousand times, Seth and Bolder are too alike to play together, unless the plan is everyone behind the ball and defend....which it shouldn't be.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in