Queens Park Rangers v DERBY @ Loftus Road 17.10.06 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 10:52 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Queens Park Rangers v DERBY @ Loftus Road 17.10.06

Derby: The Rams' major injury headache is midfielder Bob Malcolm, who picked up an ankle injury in training on Saturday.

The Scot was absent from the squad that lost at Plymouth Argyle on Sunday and the results of a scan on his injury are still awaited.

Giles Barnes completes his three-match suspension while Paul Peschisolido remains on the sidelines with his thigh injury.

QPR: The Hoops have landed defender Michael Mancienne on loan from Premiership champions Chelsea and he goes straight into the squad.

Dexter Blackstock is expected to lead the line for Rangers, and will be looking to get one over on the club he had a spell on loan with during 2005/06.

THE REFEREE

Norfolk's Mike Thorpe is the man in the middle on Tuesday night.

Thorpe's only previous Derby County assignment came exactly 12 months ago when he took charge of the 1-1 draw at Wolverhampton Wanderers.

This season he has issued 19 yellow cards in his seven games, and is yet to dismiss a player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 10:54 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

So Malcolm is injured

That's a bit of a bugger, hope it's nothing serious.

Something I wonder for this game is, whether too start Ryan Smith on the left wing, and swap Lupoli over to the right, especially as Lupoli always cuts in side when he runs at players, if he did that from the other side of the pitch he'd be putting it on his stronger fooot then??

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 11:23
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Would be great to win, just too stick it to that tosser Gregory, we definatley need something though, 2 defeats in a row, can see you drop quite far in this league.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 13:54 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby County hit the road again today with manager Billy Davies feeling his squad is better equipped to cope with the demands of two matches in a little over 48 hours.

This time they head down the M1 for tonight's Championship game against Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road (8pm) having completed a 500-mile round trip to Plymouth over the weekend.

It is the second time this season the Rams have been asked to play two games in such a short space of time due to the demands of television.

Their opening fixture of the campaign against Southampton was screened live on a Sunday afternoon before they faced Stoke City at the Britannia Stadium, where they lost 2-0, on the Tuesday.

Sunday's game at Plymouth, moved for TV coverage, finished at about 3pm and they are back in action this evening.

Davies is still unhappy with the fixture schedule but says Derby are in a positive mood ahead of the QPR test despite the 3-1 defeat at Plymouth.

"I voiced my disappointment at the fixture demands early this season and my thoughts have not changed," he said.

"Being asked to play two games in such a short space of time is poor, especially given the travelling involved.

"We were at Plymouth on Sunday and now travel to London. QPR have had an extra day's rest following their game against Norwich.

"The quirk of the fixtures means we had no match for 15 days because of the international break and then two come along in a little over 48 hours!

"That was a really big ask earlier in the season with all the new players arriving and some of them being short of match fitness but I feel we are now better equipped to cope.

"We just have to get on with it and we are relishing the chance to put the Plymouth disappointment behind us.

"There were lots of positives from the way we played in the first half on Sunday but unfortunately decisions did not go our way."

Derby's hectic schedule in the past few days saw them train on Saturday morning before making the 254-mile trip to Plymouth in the afternoon.

Their game at Home Park kicked off at 1.15pm on Sunday before they travelled back up the A38, M5 and M42 to Derby.

They trained yesterday afternoon and are back on the coach to London today.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 13:58 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Funny reading the Derby MB's, everyone who' going is just hell bent on giving Gregory stick for 90 minutes

Not that I expect it too be a big turn out, all the way down too Plymouth on Sunday (which looked a surprisingly good turnout on the telly) and then all the way back down too London on Tuesday night...we'll have to rely on our Southern based fans too have a good turnout i think.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 15:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
I hope Lupoli scores again and Derby get the victory this time.

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 17:53
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Hmmmm I hope Gregory gets all the abuse that he derserves, when the following down there, more than likely you wont be able to hear it on the radio, but still the guy is a gimp

In terms of a scoreline, I will say 1-1 a good draw here tonite, with lupoli getting the goal ( I really shouldn't be saying that I want lupoli to score, cause I might lose 20 notes because of this!!! )
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 22:45 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

QPR 1-2 Derby

Bisgaard and Howard with the goals, much better performance, Seth Johnson how I wrote off easrly today while talking to Durkos, had a great game in midfield, far better all round display we created loads of chances, Stead hit the post Howard hit the bar, Lupoli had a header saved and then the rebound tipped over, Bolder missed a bloody open goal, Paul Jones kept them in the game with some saves, and it nearly cost us, as they fluffed a great chance at the end to level it.

Bisgaard's goal 20 yard curling strike, just like I know he's capable off and why i've always stuck by him.

Howards goal a 3 yard tap in after good play from Camara and Lupoli down the left, Lupoli's shot parried out by Jones straight to Howard.

Up to 18th on 18 points now level with Birmingham.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old October 17th, 2006, 23:30
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Great result this evening!!!!!!!!, really am well chuffed with that, up to 8th now and joint on points with Birmingham... Will make the game on saturday very very interesting indeed!!!!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2006, 00:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
this team confuses the hell out of me!

huge result for Derby, and the table looks so good right now but again, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose badly Saturday, thats the way the season has been going and really the past few seasons, one good result then a disappointment
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2006, 09:43 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
this team confuses the hell out of me!

huge result for Derby, and the table looks so good right now but again, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose badly Saturday, thats the way the season has been going and really the past few seasons, one good result then a disappointment
The problem for me is, the defence still isn't good/consistent enough, I think top of the shopping list should be a right back, Edworthy had a good game last night, but is too old to be consistent every week now.

There's alot of talk about needing experience, but when Leacock and Nyatanga don't play, Camara is our youngest defender at the age of 31, that's too old for me, luckily Camara still has unbelieveable pace, the other 3 are slow though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old October 18th, 2006, 09:45 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Rams boss Billy Davies confirmed that defender Dean Leacock was taken to hospital after the 2-1 win at Queens Park Rangers.

Leacock took a nasty bang to the head late in the game at Loftus Road and was still suffering from the after-effects in the dressing room following the game.

More news of the ex-Fulham man's condition is expected on Wednesday and Davies admitted that the match had been a hard-fought encounter.

"We've got plenty of knocks and bruises and you had to feel sorry for the ball at times in a game like that!" he told www.dcfc.co.uk.

"Dean Leacock picked up a bad head knock and he has been taken to hospital so we will see how he is.

"There are one or two other bruises we will have to look at in the morning."

Funny thing is while Leacock was down KO'd the ref played on and QPR nearly scored, wouldn't have been funny if they had scored.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2006, 08:00 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
Huge win for Derby. Moved you guys up to 8th place level with Birmingham. Its all being set up nicely for the game against the Brummies on saturday.

I read that Derby fans was giving Gregory a lot of stick. Sounded like the man was crying about it
Amazed me that he was surprised about it, he wants too wait until he comes to Pride Park

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old October 19th, 2006, 13:12
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Great win, quickly puts aside the weekend disappointment,a nd everyone's in confident mood again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in