Pride Park Extension - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old October 8th, 2006, 19:21 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Pride Park Extension

Well there it is, the Riverside Rip Off

Anyway with it being International week, talk among Rams fans has been mostly on the ground this week, the new owners have been quick too look at the ground, basically giving it a lick of paint before the start of the season.

But now they are looking further, with apparently plans being drawn up too increase the capacity at Pride Park by another 10,000 Davies said when he came the ambition of the board was what made him come too Derby and this must be what they told and what he's been telling the players he's brought in.

Obviously we need to be in the Premiership too fill a stadium that size, but if we were and ticket prices we're reasonable we could certainly fill it for big games...it would certainly be amazing too see it happen.

There's also talkof one of those video walls being put in, in the corner with the exec boxes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pride park.jpg (28.6 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg pride park 2.jpg (46.8 KB, 117 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old October 9th, 2006, 10:42
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Interesting, don't think we could fill it every week, but probably could for the big games, and still have good crowds in for the other ones...and if years down the line we're pushing on europe etc... if the likes of Bolton & Boro can do it, no reason we can't, good too see ambition from the Board.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old October 9th, 2006, 12:32
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
While the idea of increasing the stadium capacity up by 10,000 seems a fantastic idea, where would these extra 10,000 seats actualy go in the stadium?????, would they raise one of the stands up or sumthin... If we did get Premiership football in the near future, I would certiantily consider getting a season ticket myself because the standard of football we would be getting would be so much better than some of the garbage we see in the Championship!!

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old October 9th, 2006, 14:23 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The talk is, of leveling up the other 3 sides of the ground too the West Stand, but one tier of the East, North and South Stand is bigger then one tier in the West Stand, so it wouldn't be a case of making the East the same as the West.

But our pal Butch mentioned extending the ground a while back, and said it can be done, and his boss told him what they would do, but typical Butch he couldn't remember what he said

But the indications are, that there are plans too increase the capacity farely soon.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old October 9th, 2006, 22:14
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
Hah.. it really looks like Boro's stadium. I didn't realise that until now.

In the Premiership you could need that capacity, surely.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old October 10th, 2006, 12:21 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiollama
Hah.. it really looks like Boro's stadium. I didn't realise that until now.

In the Premiership you could need that capacity, surely.
Yeah, the corner on the left hand side in the bottom pic, with the exec boxes is the only diference, and why Pride Park holds a cpoule of thousand less than the Riverside, that corners probably the best thing about the ground, with it being the only diference it has too all the other bowl grounds.

And, yeah, we could fill it against Man Utd, Liverpool, and whenever we play Forest, we could probably mostly fill it against the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa and Newcastle as well.

And if the ticket prices we're right we could do it against anybody, when we was in the Premiership we would often have bigger attendances for games against Charlton than Chelsea, just because it was much cheaper too go too the Charlton game....and the rise in ticket prices this season is why our attendances are down at the moment.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2007, 12:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

It's been confirmed by Mike Horton, Pride Park can be extended to around 43/44,000, there's no imediate plans to extend it, but if England ever manage to get to host the World Cup it is very likely it will then happen, as we want to make sure we get the East Midlands spot in the list of grounds, Forest got it unsurprisingy for Euro 96. I reckon we'd be in pole position now.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2007, 12:40
International

Trust me, you will fill your ground.

I know Derby are a FAR big club then Reading but we've had sell outs at every home ground bar Wigan (but thats expected, right?)

We also are expanding, plans have been already submitted and depending on permission work goes underway season after next to expand to 38,000 (from 24k)
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2007, 13:51
International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibril
I dont now how big of a fanbase Reading have, but I think only reason you having full house at home games is because its your very first Premiership campaign ever. And Reading fans are excited about it. Derby beeen there, done it.
We used to have a very poor fan base, at Elm Park crowds were 8k at their peak. Even at the mad stad up until the 2nd part of last season it was only 11-14k and around 17-19k if we played a big side in the league, it wasn't until it was obvious we were up that people went out and brought half season tickets to be on the list for this season.

Now looking at it, we could potentially have a very good fan base as we and Pompey are the only Prem sides in the south outside of London, but there lies the problem.

Hell even today you still see people wearing Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea shirts in the home sections in the stadium.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2007, 16:14
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
After hearing Mike Horton on the Radio, I must admit I was excited about the prospect of possibly extending the stadium's capacity because I truely believe that we would be able to fill it

I think it would be awesome having a big ground especially, if we do get promoted now!!
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2007, 02:06
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
, Forest got it unsurprisingy for Euro 96. I reckon we'd be in pole position now.
yes I think Croatia played a match in Nottingham at Euro 1996

Pride Park is a great stadium and increasing capacity would be great, only if the club make the Prem, no need for it in the Championship really...
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2007, 09:33 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

We'd certainly be ablely to ill it for big games, and a fairly succesful side would fill a 40,000 ground most week especially alongside a struggling Forest side. Their's a big catchment are on the east side of Derbyshire, which we always fight over and while the red dogs we're more succesful,they took a lot of the fans, that can easily be turnd round.

And I've heard of the plans for Reading and Leicester, 3 of Reading's stands can be added too, go one at a time and see how it goes, would probably be the best bet.

it would be goo if Derby and Leicester both mde their grounds bigger and left Forest in the shade

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2007, 09:46
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interista

Hell even today you still see people wearing Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea shirts in the home sections in the stadium.
We even used to get that at Pride Park , kids these days, if you turned up at the popside in baseball ground in the 80's with a Man U shirt on you'd have been killed

Being in the permiership does boost you attendancs with non fans of yor club though, even now in the championship i know local people who aren't Derby fan who will go down to the odd match. In the premiership you get more ging more often, and if you do well they'll happily start tagging along as Derby fans
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2007, 10:52 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby fans will get the chance to roar on the Rams from behind Pride Park Stadium's south goal after all.

The club have shelved for the time being complicated plans to move away fans from behind the south goal, but in 2007/08 visitors will share the south stand with home supporters rather than having the whole area to themselves.

The section where Derby County's most vocal fans currently have tickets - the south east corner - is to be extended into the south stand, meaning Rams fans will be able to occupy the east side of the south stand, with away fans taking a maximum 3,300 seats on the west side.

Billy Davies is a big fan of the idea of encouraging the Rams' most vocal supporters to shout on their team from behind a goal - very much like the Ossie End in the days of the Baseball Ground, which of course also featured other vocal areas such as the Popside and C-Stand. It should be noted however that this is not a standing area and the Rams must continue to enforce its existing ground regulations.

Season tickets for the new extended south stand area of Pride Park go on sale immediately and anyone who has already renewed and wishes to swap into the new zone - a mix of category C and D seats - should contact the Pride Park Ticket Office as soon as possible.

Please note however that due to increased allocations given to visiting clubs for home cup games, season ticket holders in the south stand may not have the option to purchase their own seat for cup matches.

It is hoped fans will now have their say in creating a special identity for what other clubs might refer to as a "kop". Should it borrow one of the old names from the BBG or should the new zone at Pride Park take on a completely new name?

Simply use the feedback form here on the home page of the official site to suggest the best name (in the subject area of your email please). We'll put forward the most popular choices for a web vote.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2007, 10:54 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Finally!!!! It's something I've wanted for a long time, it's a better idea than the bloody stupid kop, we're not scousers for f**k sake, and having an "end" and shooving the away fans out of the way, does not improve the atmosphere, having your vocal fans next too the away fans does that.

If this doesn't improve the atmosphere nothing will.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2007, 11:43 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The first season away fans were in the corner, then they were moved, i have no idea why.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2007, 11:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

After an online vote the south stand will be named the Ossie End next season.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old April 12th, 2007, 22:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Over 15,000 season tickets sold already, that's not much below what was sold all this season, if we go up, we'll reach the 20,000 mark easily.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old April 13th, 2007, 13:27
Premier Player

19,000 in the 1st ever season is the most ever sold I think, think we will beat that this time.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old April 14th, 2007, 10:57 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

If we go up we'll definately beat that, got my receipt through the door this morning, just sneaked in too qualify for a young adult, so it only set me back £180, the advantage of a late august birthday

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in