Plymouth v DERBY (@ Home Park 15.10.06) - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old October 4th, 2006, 10:11 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Plymouth v DERBY (@ Home Park 15.10.06)

Starting this thread early with some injury news

Billy Davies has confirmed that striker Paul Peschisolido is facing a spell of six weeks on the sidelines after picking up a thigh injury during the warm-up for Saturday's game against Southend.

The Canadian was due to be among the substitutes against the Shrimpers but injured himself while taking a shot at goal.

Pesch's injury leaves Derby with two fit front-men in Steve Howard and Arturo Lupoli, and with Giles Barnes also suspended Davies is considering re-inforcements.

"It's something we've got to think about as we're left short, especially with Giles Barnes suspended," he told www.dcfc.co.uk.

"Pesch has got a nasty thigh strain that he picked up making a side-footed finish before the game, and is looking at six weeks out."

Davies does however remain hopeful that injured goalkeeper Stephen Bywater and defender Dean Leacock will be available for the Plymouth Argyle trip on Sunday October 15

Bad news, Peschi proved at Wednesday that he's still the best super sub in the business, and with our lack of strikers as it is, it leaves us badly short, so it wouldn't be a surprise if there's a short term loan coming in soon, probably no-one special, just someone too make the numbers up for a bit, we'reone injury/suspension away from being in the sh!t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2006, 09:48
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Another game on Sky, so I'll be able to watch
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2006, 10:06 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah it'll be the telly for me as well, all the way too Plymouth on a Sunday for a dinner time kick off....no chance, we'll do well too take 500 fans there, it's ridiculous, would definately be an early start Roadrider leaves at 6am...Sky shafting the fans as always

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old October 5th, 2006, 13:59
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Hmmmm, a bit of tricky one for me, because I don't know of many pubs near Walsall Campus, I might have to nip in the town centre to watch it in Bar Sport or summit, and I know we have a couple of Plymouth fans hear at uni, So i might go down with them or summit!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old October 6th, 2006, 10:57 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
and I know we have a couple of Plymouth fans hear at uni, So i might go down with them or summit!!!!!!!!!!!
And hope we don't lose

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old October 11th, 2006, 11:06 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Michael Johnson has picked out his former international team-mate, Barry Hayles, as the man to watch as Derby County step up preparations for a difficult trip to Plymouth Argyle.

The striker has proved a massive hit in the south west since being snapped by by Pilgrims manager Ian Holloway in the summer for £100,000 from Millwall.

After scoring four goals in nine appearances so far this season, the 34-year-old has played a significant role in Plymouth's rise to eighth in the Championship table. They are one point and two places above Derby.

Rams fans will be hoping Hayles does not repeat his performance against their team when he came to Pride Parkwith Millwall in December 2004 - he scored a hat-trick.

Johnson, who played alongside Hayles for Jamaica, says the Rams will need to be at their sharpest to prevent Hayles from creating any similar damage.

"We're determined to go down there and continue the good form we've been showing of late," said Johnson.

"I know Barry from our days playing for Jamaica and I've played against him on a number of occasions.

"I know how dangerous he can be and our supporters won't want to be reminded of when he scored a hat-trick against us for Millwall at Pride Park a couple of seasons ago.

"He's proved himself at this level time and time and again and he can be a bit of a menace, so we've got to keep him quiet.

"We're in the middle of a good little run at the moment and we'll be determined to keep that going."

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 10:05 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Thank god that shyte's over for another month, as I think we'll interupted again for a bloody freindly soon enough. But now we can look at important matters, Plymouth are actualy a point above us in 8th, so a win would be big, and if results go our way we could possibly go 2nd

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 12:23
Premier Player

Yeah back to business as usual, and none of the teams above us play each other I believe , so it is possible too go second, which would be remarkable.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 13:02 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby: The Rams will definitely be without striker Paul Peschisolido, who damaged a thigh ahead of the Southend United game to leave himself facing six weeks on the sidelines.

Boss Billy Davies is hopeful that goalkeeper Stephen Bywater and defender Dean Leacock will be available for selection again after thigh and groin problems respectively.

However, the pair will have a tough task to force themselves back into the side following the fine team performance - and individual showings of their replacements Lee Grant and Darren Moore - in the 3-0 win over Southend.

Plymouth: The Pilgrims' major concerns surround strikers Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Barry Hayles, with respective hamstring and groin problems.

The pair missed out on Plymouth's last game before the international break, a 1-0 win at Coventry City, with boss Ian Holloway planning to use the two weeks off to get them fit again.

Holloway himself is an interesting situation.

The gaffer has this week registered himself as a player, and appeared for the full 90 minutes in a reserve game on Tuesday night.

One would assume he doesn't see himself figuring on Sunday - though given some of the reports flying around, who knows?

THE REFEREE

Hertfordshire's Paul Taylor blows the whistle in a Derby County game for the third time this year.

He officiated in the 1-0 win over Millwall on April 8, and the 0-0 draw at Southampton on February 4.

Taylor has this season issued 26 yellow cards and one red in nine games.

Holloway too play

Wonder if Billy Davies can play up front :smileani:

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old October 12th, 2006, 13:07
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Roma, Arsenal
I willpredict a 1-1 draw. Lupoli on the scoresheet, but I hope you guys win.

XT Italian Prediction League Winner 2012
XT Serie A Fantasy League Honours
Xt Coppa Italia: 2009/10
XT Supercoppa Italiana: 2010, 2012
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2006, 13:40 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Jon Stead is in, would be a surprise if he changed from the team that did so well against Southend though, I personally wouldn't change anythig unless it's forced. Then with the QPR game only 2 days later there is likely too be some changes you would think...once again a Sky game on Sunday followed by a game on Tuesday, it's fukkin ridiculous

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2006, 13:45
Star Player

dont care about the result. as long as Cherno Samba scores i'll be happy
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2006, 13:47 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSilk24
dont care about the result. as long as Cherno Samba scores i'll be happy
He'll never get round Darren moore...it takes about a week to do it...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2006, 14:15
Premier Player

I predict a 2-1 win, I'm fairly confident with the current form we're in.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2006, 14:18
Star Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
He'll never get round Darren moore...it takes about a week to do it...
or he could just hoof him out of the stadium
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old October 13th, 2006, 23:29 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Plymouth v Derby (Plymouth 11/10 Draw 9/4 Derby 2/1)

Two sides separated by just a point in The Championship meet in the live clash at Home Park.

Plymouth are hoping to have striker Barry Hayles available following a groin strain.

Hayles could be partnered by Sylvan Ebanks-Blake in attack, if the on-loan striker recovers from a hamstring complaint.

Derby's latest arrival Jon Stead is in line to make his debut with Paul Peschisolido out with a thigh injury.

Billy Davies has concerns over goalkeeper Stephen Bywater and defender Dean Leacock. Giles Barnes is suspended.

Skysports.com prediction: 2-1

pfffttt what do Sky know...we've beaten them 4 times in 4 games the last 2 seasons, theres teams we always do well against and teams we always struggle against, Plymouth are one we do well, so I'm very confident.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2006, 12:58
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I think the fact is, that we have won 3 out of our last 4 games, so confidence is undoublty going to be high within the squad.... But the fact we have beaten them twice down there both by a 2-0 scoring margin makes this game even more of an interesting one

Im gonna tip for a 3-1 Derby win, my confidence is very high at the mo.... and Im also gonna tip Stead to score as well, even though he has only scored 2 goals in the last 2 years!!!!!!!!!

C'mon Derby!!!!!!!!!
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2006, 17:10 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

EWell todays results are in, and if we win tomorrow we go 6th and into the play off places Really is a big game now.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2006, 17:14
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
I think we can beat Plymouth, it will be a close game and I will say 1:0, Howard with a late goal
post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old October 14th, 2006, 17:33 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'm going 1-0 as well, Jon Stead too come off the bench too score

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in