Xtratime Community banner

The bet is on...

2K views 100 replies 10 participants last post by  Durkos 
#1 ·
Right, I'm having this down in writing, so there's no forgetting and there's no denying.

Jimbo Jones has bet Durkos twenty whole pound sterling ( £20 ) that Arturo Lupoli, will score 20+ goals this season for Derby County (in all competitions) we've done the handshake, now I want it down here it writing :D

#77 ·
If he decides too stay in England I think it will be with us if we go up, otherwise I think he'll go back to Italy.

#78 ·
I think perhaps this cry-out from Lupoli is basically his ticket to stay in England, I wonder if Aresnal don't wana keep him and he wants to stay in England, would like to see him stay though!

#79 ·
Now Lupoli and Bendtner have tasted 1st team football both are sending the message back too Arsenal, that they don't want to be back in their reserves next season, so it's a message of tell us we're going too be part of the first team or we're off.

#81 ·
Well lets bring this back. That is number 10 now and half way there, if he is given the chances upfront I think he can hit 20.

#82 ·
Ah yes, the halfway mark, it's come a bit later than I would have liked but we've got there, and theirs still plenty of games left :)

someone like Blackpool in the 4th round and another hat trick would be good :D

#85 ·
Good stuff, I was going to vote for him, but you had too sign up, giving the FA all your details,,, good to see he won it anyway.

#86 ·
A Derby County player has been fined £300 for driving at 53mph on a 30mph road.

Italian striker Arturo Lupoli was caught speeding by a camera in Nottingham Road, Chaddesden, on September 4.

The 19-year-old, who was driving a silver Ford Focus, pleaded guilty to the offence at Southern Derbyshire Magistrates' Court.

Lupoli, of Brook Street, Derby - who is currently on loan to the Rams from premiership side Arsenal -- was ordered to pay £35 costs and had his licence was endorsed with six points.

He said: "I deserved the fine but it wasn't dangerous. It was 2am. There was no-one around but me."

:howler:

Naughty boy :D

But what was he doing in Chad, he's lucky he got through with the wheels still on his car ;)

#88 ·
Bet not looking good again since Lupoli no longer plays so much.

Anyway he has been called once more the U21 squad :thumbsup:

#89 ·
And we've signed another striker, I can't seem him doing it myself :(

#91 ·
Yeah I think he would have went Italy anyway just for his NT future aswell... He has massive clubs chasing him in Italy so I am sure he would want to go.

#92 ·
The Formation we usually play has been his problem, the good ol 4-5-1 :D

#93 ·
I think Lupoli can play as a left wide striker, particularly because of his age, but he is really a number 9 and in England they have a thing against Number 9 who are smaller than 6 ft.. Michael Owen aside :D Well cant blame Derby though as Howard has been excellent and so Lupoli himself probably doesnt expect to start if that is the formation being used.

In the 442 earlier in the season Lupoli was playing well, but Derby werent in particular getting the 1-0s that they are getting with the 4-5-1 so you have to sacrifice some things.

#94 ·
Owen had that lightning pace though, if he didn't then he would probably have struggled as a teenage lightweight, due to his size I think Lupoli would take until his early twenties to mature into a top level striker in England, he's much better off playing in Italy I reckon, still at least he's made a few quid, learnt a new language, sampled the cultural delights of North London and the more unsavoury elements of Derby. :D

#95 ·
With the new storys suggesting that Lupoli has a pre-contract arrangement with Napoli, I just wonder if Billy Davies has taken note and Lupoli might be a bit part player for the rest of the season .... because it is very clear that his heart is not in Derby at the moment and it is obvious from Davies management style that he is only wanting players who show 110% commitment to Derby County week in week out

Just makes me think, if Lupoli will be sitting on the bench until the end of the season!!

#96 ·
OOOO well as you come closer to the final game of the season here, Lupoli will have to score 9 goals in these last couple of games from stopping me taking the money :howler: .. I mean I'll put my hands up to Jimbo for at least, keeping faith in the young striker but I always thought 20 goals for him was just a bridge too far :thumbsup:

#97 ·
well it was never going to happen all the time he spent sat on the bloody bench.

#98 ·
You know I just remembered about this while my Dad was moaning at me for how much money I owe him :howler:

Durkos seems to have forgotten about it, but I see myself a man of honour :tongue: :howler: You'll have to remember too collect next time your back in Derby mate.

#100 ·
Finally paid the debt up on saturday...will have to think of one for next season now, how about Earnshaw to get 30 ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.