Xtratime Community banner

The bet is on...

2K views 100 replies 10 participants last post by  Durkos 
#1 ·
Right, I'm having this down in writing, so there's no forgetting and there's no denying.

Jimbo Jones has bet Durkos twenty whole pound sterling ( £20 ) that Arturo Lupoli, will score 20+ goals this season for Derby County (in all competitions) we've done the handshake, now I want it down here it writing :D

#52 ·
Steel Neil said:
Lupoli seems to do well wherever you put him, he'd probably still gain all the plaudits if he was played left back ;)
:howler: :howler:

#53 ·
First money lost on Lupoli, put a fiver on him to get first goal, hopefully it's not the story of things to come :(

#54 ·
He's going through a goal scoring drought :(

He's not getting the chances out wide, gets loads when he goes up front, but not been able too put them away in the last few games :(

#55 ·
Hopefully next game he starts and finished upfront and hopefully he gets a goal or two. I suppose more important is that Derby are doing well rather than how Lupoli is doing. At the moment Lupoli isnt on his best form, but still doing pretty well and Derby are getting the points.

#56 ·
I need a hat trick at the weekend :D

He's gone far too long without scoring...but he's more than capable of scoring 2 or 3 a game, if he finds his form.

#57 ·
He seems out of form now. Possibly the change in his position helped that, but well he can recapture it. I have a feeling he may be put on the bench soon if he doesnt smarten up though, but hopefully he can get a brace to help him recover. I suppose as long as Derby win I dont care. I want him to help promote you guys!

#58 ·
I have a feeling he will be on the bench on saturday...It'll be better for him seems as we only start playing in the 2nd half :)

#60 ·
3 games too the half way point, 3 goals in them 3 games and we're on target :D

#62 ·
Dean'06Campioni said:
Hopefully you have a run in the FA Cup :D
I wouldn't count on it, 4th round is a big achievement for us :wallbang:

1 FA Cup win, for a club which has been around from the very start, and spent much of it's time in the top league, with some good sides, is quite poor really, some clubs are good cup teams, we're not one of them :)

We do have the great record of biggest defeat in an FA cup final though, 6-0 too f**king Bury :wallbang: :wallbang:

#63 ·
Lupoli has been called to the U21 squad... who thought the day Derby would have an Italian player in one of the International squads ;) Congrats Arturo!

#64 ·
I think this bet, is going to be a quite a tense affair as I think It could go down to the last couple of games to see if he can crack the 20 goal barrier!!!

#65 ·
Dean'06Campioni said:
Lupoli has been called to the U21 squad... who thought the day Derby would have an Italian player in one of the International squads ;) Congrats Arturo!
I remember when there was talk of Baiano being called for the 98 World Cup squad, randomly stumbled across an interview with Eranio a couple of months back, where he was saying he should be in the squad. Don't think it was ever likely playing for Derby :(

#66 ·
Durkos said:
I think this bet, is going to be a quite a tense affair as I think It could go down to the last couple of games to see if he can crack the 20 goal barrier!!!
He needs to get on a run or get a hat trick or something, nearly half way in games, but not quite in goals, if he plays in a 4-4-2 at home he can score plenty of goals. Hopefully some "easy" cup games to help out as well :)

#69 ·
Rumours are Lupoli will finish this season with Derby and then move back to Serie A to play for either Fiorentina or Napoli (who should be promoted by then) Would be great for the kid to be back in Serie A... however I hope he still does well for Derby for this season and helps promote you guys.

#70 ·
Yeah posted the interview in the Arsenal forum, there has been talk of him leaving in January, but the contract with us runs until the end of the season, with no possibility of it being ended sooner, so he's going nowhere yet :D

#72 ·
Steel Neil said:
Well we always knew he would only be here for one season, if he gets those 20 goals for Jimbo, he will have done enough for us.
That'll do me nicely :)

#73 ·
Well It wouldn't do me nicely, but then again if he doesn't score his 20 goals then It would do very very nicely!!!!!

#74 ·
Durkos said:
Well It wouldn't do me nicely, but then again if he doesn't score his 20 goals then It would do very very nicely!!!!!
You should be thinking of the team first not your wallet :nono:

#75 ·
Lupoli's in today's paper saying if we go up, he could be staying at Derby.

#76 ·
He has offers from left, right and centre. I have the feeling he will go to Italy though at the end of the season. I think Torino or Napoli (if they promote) will be his choice although it would be great if Derby get promoted and he remains at the club.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.