New Captain - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2006, 09:40 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
New Captain

New Captain is needed for tomorrow Kenna ahs gone who was club captain, Idiakez had it mostly last season as Kenna hardly played, can't see Davies giving the armband though.

The 2 Johnsons have been talked about as has Darren Moore, I think depending on who plays, Darren Moore or Michael Johnson will be captain tomorrow.

Matt Oakley will be named club captain though, but he won't be rushed straight into the team for tomorrow's game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2006, 14:21
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Interesting one, there has been no real sign of a decided captain in pre season, and Davies has talked about bringing someone in as captain, maybe Oakley is the man.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old August 5th, 2006, 14:32 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, I think there's been some hints in interviews that Davies was looking too bring in a captain, and also yesterday, hints that Oakley was the man who would be.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 15:28 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones

Matt Oakley will be named club captain though, but he won't be rushed straight into the team for tomorrow's game.

Rams boss Billy Davies has announced that new signing Matt Oakley will be Derby's team captain for the 2006-07 season.

The 28-year-old central midfielder (pictured), who joined the Rams in a three-year deal on Friday and was an unused substitute in the 2-2 draw with his former club Southampton, has a wealth of experience having been a one-club man with the Saints for 14 years.

Veteran defender Michael Johnson, who wore the armband for the Pride Park clash on Sunday, has been named as club captain.

Davies said: "Matt is an experienced pro who is a good leader and very vocal out on the pitch and Jonno knows the club and all the players inside out. That's why I felt they were both suitable for these roles."

I'm just too good, anyone want to know anything just ask mystic Jimbo

Well Johnno might be club captain but Oakley's the real captain

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old August 7th, 2006, 16:18
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Hmmmm well I must admit I'm a bit suprised to be honest . I mean I think he might do a good job for us but does this spell the end of Idiakez in the midfield?

As we saw yesterday Davies aint afraid of making subs if the players arent playing well
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old August 8th, 2006, 08:52 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

There's been a bit of a turn on Idiakez, he could do no wrong when he first came, now alot of fans are calling for him too be dropped...which I think he will be, Davies won't allow him too drift through games, and just send the odd good free kick in, that won't be enough, especially with the competition in midfield.

I hope Oakley replaces him tonight, so we can see if he can take his place, and pull the strings in midfield...not that Idiakez has done that much the last year anyway.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in