31 James MEREDITH

32 Tom CUMBERWORTH

33 Theo STREETE

34 Jeremy BOSSEKOTA

35 Steven CANN (GK)

44 Stephen BYWATER (GK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Last edited by jimbo jones; February 1st, 2007 at 10:11.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2006, 09:54 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Hopefully there will be some more too add to that soon, Smith, Lupoli and Eastwood, would be nice

Who's this Bossekota, never heard of him before, recognise all the other academy players.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old August 1st, 2006, 13:32
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
Who's this Bossekota, never heard of him before, recognise all the other academy players.
some young Belgian who came on trial middle of the last season and signed, he will play in the academy

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old August 3rd, 2006, 16:27
Star Player

Teams: Royal Antwerp FC, Manchester United, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
some young Belgian who came on trial middle of the last season and signed, he will play in the academy
Never heard about him before.
Any idea for which (belgian) team he was playing before he came to Derby?

"I never knew my birth parents. There was a car accident. my birth mother was incinerated, and I only survived because her smoking carcass had formed a protective cocoon of slaughtered human effluence. A Belgian man and his fifteen year-old love slave were looting the accident scene, came across a blood soaked baby, moi, and they raised me to be evil."
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2006, 08:53 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I've had a look, but can't find anything about him playing anywhere in Belgium.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2006, 19:08
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Is there anyway we can compare this squad to the squad that got into the playoffs during the 2004/2005 season, because I bet if you compared some of the players there are very very similar

Aka Rasiak = Howard - both big target men who are very good on the deck as well

Jimbo can you do this??
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old November 12th, 2006, 20:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
Is there anyway we can compare this squad to the squad that got into the playoffs during the 2004/2005 season, because I bet if you compared some of the players there are very very similar

Aka Rasiak = Howard - both big target men who are very good on the deck as well

Jimbo can you do this??
I'll get on the case, not tonight I'm off out in a minute

Getting Luton tickets in the morning, I'll see what I can do in the afternoon.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old November 13th, 2006, 15:33 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Burley 04/05 v Davies 06/07

Goalkeepers

Camp v Bywater

Camp was excellent that season, I think Bywater's a more commanding and better keeper though. Lee Grant sub goal keeper both seasons.

Full Backs

Kenna v Edworthy

Tough one too call, kenna was good the 2nd half of this season, Edworthy is pretty steady IMO, gets a bit too much stick, I'd call this equal, Richard Jackson sub right back for both seasons.

Vincent / Makin v Camara / Boertien

Vincent was good going forward, but not the best defencively, when he got injured we got Makin on loan, who was a solid experienced player.
Camara just seems to get worse with every game, then there's Boertien who's played 4 games in 2 and a half years, if I was picking the best left back I'd go for Makin.

Centre backs

There's Michael Johnson who's still here, but 2 years down the line he's well past it.

Konjic v Moore

Konjic was always injured, at least Moore can actually turn out for a few games, so you have to go with him.

Mills v Leacock

Leacock easily, Mills was big and strong, but looked a bit chubby and was too slow, Leacock brings some much needed pace to the defence.

Wide Midfielders

Morten Bisgaard is still here, and returning to the sort of form he showed in the play off season, if he can have as good a season as he did then this time, it can only be good for us.

Reich v Ryan Smith

It's still early days for Smith, he looks to be a good player, Reich was a good player on his day, but was too inconsistent, scored some great goals, it's too early too call this one.

Tommy Smith v Giles Barnes

Neither are really natural wide players, but Smith played mostly there, Barneshas played there a bit, there good comparisons for the versitility. Once again a bit early too really compare, Barnes looks like he will be alot better player than Smith, but Smith has been there and done it, with nearly 100 apps 20 odd goals and a player of the season, Barnes is just starting out, if he keeps up his current form for all or most of theseason, we will go up, other teams are frightened too death by him.

Central Midfielders

Idiakez v Oakley

Idiakez had that extra touch of quality, and was the best player in the Championship this season, in my completetly unbias opinion Oakley is a bit more defensive minded, and has scored some great goals as well, seems to do a good, but unnoticed job as Captain as well. But you have to go Inigo on the form he was in this season.

Huddlestone v Seth Johnson

Seth for me, can command a game from midfield when he's really on song, and puts bite into the midfield, always though Huddlestone was a bit of a nancy boy Great passer of the ball though.

Taylor v Malclom

Taylor was vital in keeping us up the season before, but this was a season too far for him at this level. Even on the small number of performances I've seen, I say Malcolm.

Then there's Bolder who's still here as well, and is the same solid squad member.

Strikers

Rasiak v Howard

I'd take a brave man too make a call on this one, Howard works alot harder for the team, but goals is what it will be judged on, if Howard scores more this season...which I think he might then he'll get it.

Tudgay v Lupoli

Lupoli by a mile, a good player Tudgay, still don't understand why we sold him, not got Lupoli's class though.

Peschi is still there, and still a super sub, and we've got an extra striker in Stead this season.

I think I'd give the edge too this seasons squad already, we've found form earlier as well, it wasn't really untill the 2nd half of the season we we're being seen as serious play off contenders, we already are this season. And with Davies wanting too add t the squad, hopefully we will get even stronger

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2006, 01:44
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
Bywater
Edworthy
Makin
Moore
Leacock
Bisgaard
Reich
T. Smith
Idiakez
S. Johnson
Malcolm
Rasiak
Lupoli

a mix of both but mostly players of the current squad, looking back, I can't believe how that team made the playoffs, on paper didn't look like a solid team and they had some depth issues as well
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2006, 10:14 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

No Barnes

I'd make room for him and Howard somewhere, quite funny how Moore's there, the thing is I'd have him too, which is quite bad, we need a new centre back asap!!

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old November 14th, 2006, 13:13
Premier Player

Excellent work there Jimbo, I think I will have to look into that in more detail when I have an extented spell on here, but awesome work mate!!!!!!!!!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old February 2nd, 2007, 19:33
Premier Player

[QUOTE=jimbo jones]
Huddlestone v Seth Johnson

Seth for me, can command a game from midfield when he's really on song, and puts bite into the midfield, always though Huddlestone was a bit of a nancy boy Great passer of the ball though.
/QUOTE]

Sorry Jimbo, this did have to make me chuckle , But Huddlestone is a mile better than Seth Johnson, and I think during his times at Derby fans really didn't appreciate how good Tom Huddletsone actually was
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old February 3rd, 2007, 07:57 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Tottemham fan at work says Huddlestone is a waste of space, great passer of the ball, but is still a right nancy boy, who doesn't like putting his foot and is as mobile as a 80 year old bloke with arthritus, the same problems I always had with him, and why I was never bothered we sold him, the only thing that's ever pissed me off, is the measly some of money we got for him, compared with what others have gone for in the current market.

I don't know where you play Huddlestone myself.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in