Where will we finish 06/07 - Xtratime Community
View Poll Results: Where will we finish this season?
Champions 1 6.25%
Runners Up 0 0%
Play offs 3 18.75%
Top Half (8-12) 7 43.75%
Bottom Half (13-18) 2 12.50%
Just outside relegation (19-21) 1 6.25%
Relegated 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2006, 14:12 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Where will we finish 06/07

A new season, a new poll.

For the record, none of the 12 participants in last seasons poll, rightly had us down too finish just outside relegation, lets see if anyone can do better this time

Hopefully there's another new signing or 2 too help boost the optimism, still to come as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2006, 14:15 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I'm going top half again, though if we do get another couple of good signings in I do think we could pull a few surprises again

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2006, 18:11
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
I was thinking between top half and bottom half, don't think we have the quality to get into the playoffs but it should be comfortable season with no worries of relegation

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old July 24th, 2006, 20:47
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
hmmmm I will state ansewr nearer the start of the season me thinks, duno wana commit to anything yet!!!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old July 25th, 2006, 11:51 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Reading through the big pull out you get in the telegraph, before every season last night, some interesting stuff in there, mainly that, last season Preston conceeding the least goals in the league, and kept the most cleab sheets (14), that's basically where Prestons success came. And for me it's the way to do it, you start from the back, sort that out and there go about scoring goals.

A bit of a job too do, we had the 3rd worst defence in the league last season, but it dip chop and change all the time, Westley looked to have sorted it out, until the Reading game (why am I always there when we get thrashed???) Our defence is alright, but we could do with a strengthening, left back being the 1st place to look at.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2006, 11:01 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Odds on us winning the Championship -

You can get at Coral 33/1 and at William Hill 28/1

Too get promotion, you can get 10/1 at Coral, and 17/2 at William Hill

Sooooo, they reckon we're on fora mid table finish, might be worth a few quid on promotion, like I always say, we never have the easy life, and a boring mid table season at Derby...something always happens

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2006, 13:11
Star Player

u can get 14-1 on promotion on Stan James and Betfred

http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/m...30x/sid/916330
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old July 26th, 2006, 13:41
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Top Half.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old July 27th, 2006, 22:42
Premier Player

Hmmmmmmmm I just compare to this pre-season off the 2004/2005 season, because everyone that season was just expecting a nice meadiocre season after missing out on relegation the season before. It's been proved before that it takes only a couple of decent signings to get you right up there. We bought Tommy Smith, Inigo Idiakez and Morten Bisgarrd that summer, and look what that bought us!!!

With the additon of Howard, and hopefully young Ryan Smith, we could have a chance of challenging for the playoffs. Lets be honest, you only need a couple of quailty players to challegen for the Title in this league, so just some food for thought there!!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old July 28th, 2006, 09:28 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
Hmmmmmmmm I just compare to this pre-season off the 2004/2005 season, because everyone that season was just expecting a nice meadiocre season after missing out on relegation the season before. It's been proved before that it takes only a couple of decent signings to get you right up there. We bought Tommy Smith, Inigo Idiakez and Morten Bisgarrd that summer, and look what that bought us!!!

With the additon of Howard, and hopefully young Ryan Smith, we could have a chance of challenging for the playoffs. Lets be honest, you only need a couple of quailty players to challegen for the Title in this league, so just some food for thought there!!
Yeah, but AI'm taking the cautious approach, if we all start talking play offs, it's bound to go tits up

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2006, 09:06 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

It seems...for a change, there's more optimism outside of Derby than inside, as far as our chances go, the BBC website says to watch out for us, Steve Bruce said he expects us too be in there, John Gregory as well on John Barnes football night, said we should of been on the list of promotion contenders when we weren't, good old Daryll Powell said we'd do well on the Sky Sports preview show.

But most fans are hoping to do well, more than believeing we will at the moment...mostly due too the lack of signings so far I suppose.

But we under achieved with the players at the club, last season, and I put that solely down too the Clown and his loan signings and motivational skills, which were non existant.

Oh and his score one goal and defend the lead tactics...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2006, 13:19
Legend

Teams: AC Milan
Top-Half
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2006, 19:17
Premier Player

With these 2 new signings I think most supporters might be quielty optimistic now. I did see both shows last nite infact, and everyone seems to think that we might be the underdogs, and be there or thereabouts, always a good sign realli!!!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2006, 23:16 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
With these 2 new signings I think most supporters might be quielty optimistic now. I did see both shows last nite infact, and everyone seems to think that we might be the underdogs, and be there or thereabouts, always a good sign realli!!!
You show too much hope in the complete arseholes that support this club, there's a cracking post from this guy who lives in Stockholm about how Derby is full of moaning w***ers, who like nothing better than having a good moan and that's why he moved too Sweden, it was funny stuff.

But we're not all like that are we....well there's those who are far too optimistic as well

I think we will do well, but we need to see them out on the pitch now...if Barnes can do the stuff up front and the 2 Smith's can get crosses in for Howard, we'll be sorted.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2006, 23:21
International

I reckon you will make the playoffs, just on Davies past record alone I would say your be there.

Also IMO you have a stronger first 11 then when you made it the last time under Burley and I have a sneeky feeling you could follow our lead of last year and surprise everyone.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old August 4th, 2006, 23:28 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interista
I reckon you will make the playoffs, just on Davies past record alone I would say your be there.

Also IMO you have a stronger first 11 then when you made it the last time under Burley and I have a sneeky feeling you could follow our lead of last year and surprise everyone.

I just don't want to get too excited and burst out and say it myself, but I do fancy our chances, I heard a rumour a month or so ago, the Budget for Davies too play with is Ł8 million, that includes wages etc...and judging by the signing of Howard and another 1 mill offer for Eastwood, that could be pretty accurate, so there could be yet more strengthening. And that Davies is being sensible with it, and not blowing it all on some expensive donkey.

And we know there will be money available in January, if we can get off too a good start, the place will start too buzz and who knows

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old February 4th, 2007, 14:28
Premier Player

Quote:

Gosh well I must have had a complete spot on bit of thinking back at the start there, I would say that the season so far has panned out like that, apart from the Ryan Smith, who know's what has happened to him now but I'm hopin I don't jinx ne thin here, on our way to promotion!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in