Pre Season Freindlies 06/07 - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 10:37 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Pre Season Freindlies 06/07

First one has been announced already, which I guess will be the last one, a week before the start of the season, saturday July 29th, home against Bolton....we used to play Barcalona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 11:16
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
and add Athletic Bilbao to that list, the Premiership years brings you good opposition but now with the championship status, we get Bolton coming to Pride Park for the show-piece friendly!!!
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old May 10th, 2006, 11:19 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Who wants too watch them hoof the ball miles up the pitch for 90 minutes, no chance I'm going to it.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old June 17th, 2006, 19:17 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Pre Season Freindlies 06/07

Rams manager Billy Davies and his squad will travel to Austria in pre-season, before Premiership side Bolton arrive at Pride Park for the showpiece curtain-raiser to the 2006-07 campaign.

The action all begins on Saturday 8th July when Derby take on Oxford United in a behind-closed-doors friendly game at Moor Farm training centre.

This will be followed by a trip to Austria from 9th-13th July, for a four-day training camp that will see the Rams play either SC Ritzing or Sturm Graz (to be confirmed) on 12th July.

There will be another match on Saturday 15th July (opposition and venue to be confirmed) before games against more locally based sides - Mansfield Town at Field Mill on Wednesday 19th July (kick-off 7.45pm) and Burton Albion at the Pirelli Stadium on Saturday 22nd July (kick-off 3pm).

The pre-season list will reach a thrilling climax on Saturday 29th July when Bolton arrive in Derby for a 3pm kick-off. It will be a great chance for Davies and his team to pit their wits against Sam Allardyce's ever-improving top flight outfit.

Rams managing director Mike Horton says: "We've worked hard with Billy to set up a pre-season schedule that he is happy with. The trip to Austria will only be for four days and include one game as he is keen to get back to England and get on with the serious stuff.

"By the time the Bolton game comes around we hope it will be an opportunity for the Rams fans to see whether or not there are a few new faces playing. I'm sure there'll be a big attendance in support of the Billy and the team.

The usual tour abroad, and local teams away, followed by the curtain raiser at pride Park...which nowadays is only Bolton...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2006, 12:18
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
about the same thing as last season
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2006, 14:56
Premier Player

I can't wait for the great ecounter with Bolton Wanderers, should be an awesome attacking game!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2006, 16:05 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Apparently the Bolton game was part of the deal which brought in Phil Brown as manager...and even better all ticket sales go to Bolton

Everyone says they won't go because of this another shyte deal made by Jeremy Kieth that we will be held too, wonder what other ones there might be...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old June 18th, 2006, 19:01
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
If Red Bull NY can get Barcelona and Bayern Munich to play against them, than surely Derby County can do better than Bolton....why not a club like Celtic or Rangers? not that far and I remember Rangers played some EPL clubs in friendlies last season
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2006, 11:32 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
If Red Bull NY can get Barcelona and Bayern Munich to play against them, than surely Derby County can do better than Bolton....why not a club like Celtic or Rangers? not that far and I remember Rangers played some EPL clubs in friendlies last season
I don't know, but we only ever have one home game freindly too start off the new season, and it seems the Bolton game was pre arranged. It's a shame really, if we're gonna have to settle for a Premiership team at least make it a good one...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old June 19th, 2006, 11:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

ahhhhh f'uck it forgot I already made this thread :embarass: I'll merge it.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 76 (permalink) Old June 26th, 2006, 11:10 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby County have been lined up to play Austrian second division side FC Gratkorn as part of their four-day pre-season tour of the country.

The Rams will play their first pre-season friendly under new manager Billy Davies on Wednesday, July 12, although the venue and kick-off time are still to be confirmed.

Derby will be one of three Championship sides playing Gratkorn in the same week, with both Stoke City and Plymouth Argyle also agreeing fixtures.

Last season, Gratkorn, managed by Josef Schenkirsch, finished fifth in Bundesliga 2, the Austrian equivalent of the Championship, 14 points behind eventual winners Cashpoint SCR Altach.

Derby will fly out to the nearby Austrian city of Graz on Sunday, July 9 and return to the UK the following Thursday, two days before they play Milton Keynes Dons at the National Hockey Stadium.

"The main purpose of any pre-season game, including the one against Gratkorn, is building up the players' fitness levels," said Davies.

"The quality of opposition doesn't really matter in pre-season friendlies, it's all about getting players ready for when the real business begins on August 5."

A number of fans had opposed the friendly against MK Dons because of the way the League Two club was formed back in 2004 but Rams managing director Mike Horton has said the fixture would go ahead.

Davies returns to Moor Farm today after a two-week break and will be sitting down to talk with the existing backroom staff for the first time since arriving from Preston North End earlier this month.

The Derby players return for pre-season training on Wednesday.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 76 (permalink) Old July 1st, 2006, 09:38
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
We always play Burton and one of Notts County or Mansfield, and we'll be playng Oxford because Jim Smith is there. Bloody Bolton as the big game, oh well as long as it gets the players ready for the league games, that's what it's all about really.
post #13 of 76 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2006, 10:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

We played Oxford yesterday, no news of it yet though, I'm sure there will be.

And the boys fly out too Austria today.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 76 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2006, 13:10
Premier Player

WOW WOW WOW!!!, when did we play Oxford, was this a behind closed doors one I take it, because i don't think i herd about this one!!!
post #15 of 76 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2006, 13:33 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
WOW WOW WOW!!!, when did we play Oxford, was this a behind closed doors one I take it, because i don't think i herd about this one!!!
Yeah behind closed doors, I'm sure it was yesterday, they usually put up on the website results and scorers though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 76 (permalink) Old July 12th, 2006, 13:52 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

FC Gratkorn tonight, only game we're playing out in Austria, will be intersting too see what we do...not heard anything about the Oxford game we was supposed to play...maybe the Butchman will know something. Next person too see him should ask (only applies to Durkos & Neil lol)

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Last edited by jimbo jones; July 13th, 2006 at 11:07.
post #17 of 76 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2006, 11:06 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teenage star James Meredith was on target to give Derby victory at FC Gratkorn on Wednesday night.

Meredith, who signed a two-year professional deal in the summer after graduating from the club's Academy, netted nine minutes into the second half of the friendly against the Austrian side.

The 18-year-old doubled Derby's lead after Tommy Smith had opened the scoring nine minutes into the game after Gratkorn keeper Hanz Weber could only parry Lionel Ainsworth's shot.

Gratkorn pulled one back late in the game when Daniel Braumeis converted from the spot after Meredith penalised for a foul, but it was the Rams who ended the game in command.

Boss Billy Davies, in his first friendly, used 20 of the 21 players he took to Austria, with Meredith and Lewin Nyatanga playing the full 90 minutes while only goalkeeper Steven Cann missed out altogether.

Paul Boertien got 45 minutes under his belt at left-back while there were also starts for Nathan Doyle and Ainsworth, who partnered Smith in attack.

Adam Bolder took the captain's armband in the first 45 minutes with Marc Edworthy leading the side after the break.

The Rams came through unscathed injury-wise, while there were also bookings in the second half for Michael Johnson and Inigo Idiakez.

RAMS: Camp (Grant HT), Jackson (Edworthy HT), Moore (M Johnson HT), Nyatanga, Boertien (Holmes HT), Doyle (Bisgaard HT), Bolder (Barnes HT), Thirlwell (S Johnson HT), Meredith, Smith (Peschisolido HT), Ainsworth (Idiakez HT).

Got all the players a run out, Smith and Ainsworth up front, creating a goal, that's good if the doom and gloom merchants are right and we don't sign anyone...though I'm sure we will.

More promise from another academy player as well.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 76 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2006, 11:10 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Rams boss Billy Davies hailed a "good exercise" after seeing the Rams close their pre-season trip to Austria with a win.

Tommy Smith and James Meredith gave Derby a 2-1 win against FC Gratkorn on Wednesday night in Davies's first game in charge.

"It was a good exercise, a good finish to a hard-working few days and a good step towards our preparations for the new season," Davies told www.dcfc.co.uk.

"Fielding two different teams went as well as planned as everyone got some match practice.

"It was a very good few days for the boys to get their relationships going too.

"Fitness-wise everyone is fine, and we will have a tough training session on Friday morning before we go into the Milton Keynes game."

The controversial MK Dons game next...nearly every other club has refused too play them or have cancelled by fans request, we're going ahead and playing them though...maybe part of a deal to get McLeod back

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 76 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2006, 11:58
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
I'm not really bothered what the results in firiendlys are, i never have been. As long as the players get their fitness.
post #20 of 76 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2006, 19:07
Premier Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Neil
I'm not really bothered what the results in firiendlys are, i never have been. As long as the players get their fitness.
Old school attitude from Neil concerning the olde friendly's there . But to be fair, all that Davies will be looking at is, the player's fitness and possbily some sort of tatics that can be used during the season!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in