DERBY v Sheff Wed - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2006, 10:23 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Sheff Wed

Well here we are, the final game of a season, all Derby fans will be glad too see the back of.

The big rumour is that Gadsby and co could be in charge for this game, it was there aim too be so, but that fat prick is still clinging onto the club, probaly trying too make himself a few extra quid.

A big crowd is expected in, there's talk of a sell out, it will certainly be the biggest crowd of the season, Sheff Wed have sold all their tickets already.

It would be nice too finish off with a win, and move up a few places in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2006, 11:34
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
YESSSSSSSSSSS, To be honest been waiting for this game ever since we guaranteed to be playing Championship football next year. I think the team has just been playing through the motions since then as well!!!

Hopefully we will have a new board in by them, but as I was saying to Jimbo and Steel Neil, old fatty fatty boing boing will try and squeeze every last penny he can get out of the club at the moment, so It make take longer than we anticipated

I think It should be a good atmosphere, as Sheff Wed have always had a good away following, so should be a good attendance for the last game of season. I aint too concerned about a result, but obviously a win would be nice

All the fans want at the moment is stability, and if the new board is in place for the last game, I think that would give us a load of confidence going into the off-season!!!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2006, 11:41 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

If Gadsby was in charge by kick off sunday, it would be a great atmosphere, like a party, if the fat prick is still sat in the exec box, all singing will be aimed at him being a big fat thief.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old April 24th, 2006, 13:56 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

The Rams will be roared on by their biggest home gate of the season when they close the 2005/06 season at home to Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday April 30 (1.30pm).

The Owls have already sold out of their allocation of over 5,000 tickets for the Coca-Cola Championship encounter and with sales going well to Rams fans, the figure stood at 27,500 on Monday morning - with five days to go before the match.

The highest attendance so far this season came on Saturday February 11, when 27,000 saw the 0-0 draw with Leeds United.

I'm sure we could bump it up too 30,000, though for some reason there only selling tickets too people with a customer number, which makes it awkward for people too get tickets, having too get someone else they know too get them for them, I just don't know why clubs do things like this.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2006, 11:12
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Kevin Lisbie, might actually be fit, so we might have a foward for this game.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2006, 11:54 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Terry Westley has persuaded him too come back up from London, too join the squad for the last game, and hopefully take some part, and as Westley puts it, have a last 'hurrah' he deserves to be there at the end and have a good clap, he might haveonly managed the one goal, but when he was up front we we're playing well, especially at home, for that little spell, which kept us up, since he's been out, we have really had nothing up front.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old April 25th, 2006, 12:19
Premier Player

I think we cannot in any way underesitmate what a good job he has done, because its fair to say we were a team on the decline very very fast under Phil Brown, losing games and conceding bucket loads of goals and what Westley did when he came into to manage the side, he sorted out the defensive problems straight away and we don't look like conceding too many goals at the moment, and plus we look far more like an attacking side than we did earlier in the season

So I think Westley dervserves a big applause at the end of the season, cause the guy has done a pretty good job!!!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2006, 13:07
Premier Player

I think this will be a 2-2 draw. We've got nothing to play for and wendesday well i'm not sure if their safe or not but i think they'll give us a run for our money and i bet bloody tudgay or burton scores against us
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2006, 13:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Neil
I think this will be a 2-2 draw. We've got nothing to play for and wendesday well i'm not sure if their safe or not but i think they'll give us a run for our money and i bet bloody tudgay or burton scores against us
Brighton, crewe and Millwall all got relegated 2 weeks ago Neil Pay attention.

And yeah I can see Tudgay and Burton both scoring, Tudgay should get a good receptiona s well I think, Burton will get an ok one as well, but you never know with some of the arseholes, it makes me laugh how certain arseholes who are behind me at the home games, Durkos and Neil have both had the 'pleasure' of these idiots, same other teams fans are wankers for booing old players, and they go and do it themselves, some people are just wankers I suppose.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2006, 15:02 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Kevin Lisbie has been re called by Charlton, so he won't get his send off, and we're back too having no strikers

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2006, 15:26
Premier Player

WAHAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!, well It's Derby County through and through this is, absoloutly waste of time, No strikers at the club at in a Championship, thats just an absoloute disgrace, I think the board have no idea of what chaos and confusion they have bought to the club since they have arrived!!!. so just pis* off and leave us alone

I also hope we can get a good result on sunday!!
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old April 27th, 2006, 16:13 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

What makes it even worse this Sunday is, the man who should be up front for us, will have a Sheffield Wednesday shirt on. I still can't understand why we sold Tudgay, it must have been the bank wanted some of the debt paid off, either that or Brown is a [email protected]

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2006, 11:50
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
looks like that Slovakian youth player in our academy might play in this match
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2006, 12:59
Premier Player

Tudgay will get a good reaction, but i bet you Burton won't. I used to go to home games when we were at our premiership prime and when Burton played he was always getting moaned at for not trying, being too lazy etc. Lets just say he wern't the fans favourtie player.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2006, 13:15
Premier Player

I tend to agree with Neil here, I think they will be a few boo boys when Burton is playing, To be fair he did have a tendancy to laze around games, not really put much effort in at all!!!!!!!!!
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2006, 13:50 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
looks like that Slovakian youth player in our academy might play in this match
Ah yes, Robert Ujcik, I'd like to see him and Karl Ashton both up front in a 4-4-2, we have nothing too lose. If we play 4-5-1 with Bisgaard up front on his own I'd be pissed off.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old April 28th, 2006, 14:08 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

With the news that Gadsby and co should be in charge by this game, it changes the whole complection of this game, now it will be a massive party and I can't wait for it

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2006, 10:27 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Tommy Smith is expected too play up front, hopefully with one of the youngsters in a 4-4-2.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2006, 10:47
Premier Player

Should be a good game now, maybe the players will rise too the occasion and get us a win, so we can really end on a high.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old April 29th, 2006, 15:03 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

HELL YEAH!!!!!

I've not looked forward to a game like this all season long...shame it's come so late really.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in