DERBY v Millwall - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2006, 08:48 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Millwall

We had a huge slice of luck that Millwall lost too Brighton otherwise, otherwise they would have closed the gap on us too 6 points, and we'd have been dragged right back into the relegation battle, we still need the 3 points here though to make sure.

Given our home form and Millwall notbeing a paticuly good team, I'd expect nothing less than 3 points either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2006, 10:37 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Kevin Lisbie's hamstring injury could force Terry Westley into another rethink up front for Derby County's clash against Millwall.

The on-loan striker missed Saturday's thumping at Reading and is a major doubt to face the Lions at Pride Park.

Paul Peschisolido played as a lone front man against Reading but caretaker manager Westley has ruled out a repeat of the tactic this weekend and is looking at other options.

This could see Inigo Idiakez operating in a more advanced midfield role or even in attack.

Idiakez partnered Peschisolido in the FA Cup victory over Burnley, in which Peschisolido scored twice, and also in the defeat at Colchester.

And the Spaniard has played just behind Lisbie at times in the last two home matches. Both ended in wins against Burnley and Crystal Palace, with Idiakez grabbing three goals.

Another option for Westley is to change Tommy Smith's role but the player, a striker by trade, has been used in the wide midfield areas all season.

He last started a match in attack for Derby 14 months ago when he paired up with Grzegorz Rasiak in a home defeat by Sunderland.

Westley is keen for the players to shake off the bitter disappointment of what happened at Reading and go into the Millwall game on the front foot.

Derby are nine points ahead of Millwall who fill the third and final relegation spot with five matches remaining.

"We must have no fear, we must express ourselves," said Westley.

"Kevin Lisbie is still a big doubt. He is due to have treatment at Charlton all week and we will see him on Thursday if there is a chance of him being fit to face Millwall.

"There is a lot to think about this week, not least what the front line will be.

"We have to be attack-minded and so we might have to play more than one up there. I'll be keeping an eye on Kevin's fitness and looking at the options."

Defenders Marc Edworthy and Tomasz Hajto are in the treatment room. Edworthy has a calf strain and Hajto an Achilles tendon problem.

Bloody hell, typical that Lisbis gets injured, Smith up front is a good option but then who plays on the right of midfield, McIndoe, has gone over there a bit during games, but looks more comfortable on the left, Bisgaards been poor this season, dunno if Holmes can play on the right.

Otherwise give Ainsworth a start in front of the home fans, he was fighting a losing battle when he came on V Reading, and the other time he came on was for about 2 minutes, i think it's time too give him his chance.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2006, 11:16
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Well to be honest, I think in a home game you've gotta play with the 2 front-men as the onus is you to take the game to the oppostition. If Lisbie, is injured however, I would be tempted to put Smith up-front with Ainsworth possibly, and play Mcindoe and Bisgarrd on the wings!!!!!!!

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old April 4th, 2006, 11:49 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I dunno about Bisgaard, maybe play Mcindoe on the right and see how he does, and change if he can't play there, with Holmes on the left.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2006, 09:47 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby County pair Seth and Michael Johnson will look to take a big step towards a first-team recall today.

Both will play in a private game against Mansfield Town at Moor Farm - their first taste of action following knee surgery.

Midfielder Seth Johnson has been out since the thrashing at Coventry 10 weeks ago, while defender Michael Johnson has not figured since the game at Southampton at the beginning of February.

Former West Bromwich Albion and Millwall left-back Lloyd Dyer will also play.

The 23-year-old is out of contract and training with the Rams, who are unable to register the player because he was under contract elsewhere during the last transfer window.

Derby are also taking a look at French defender Youness Bengeooun.

The centre-back or right-back is also 23 and has played for Paris St Germain and SC Amiens.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2006, 09:58 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Juist hear the news that Mournir El Hamdaoui is back with the squad, now lets just hope he can see the season out this time

Not sure whether he'll start or be sub on saturday.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old April 5th, 2006, 12:47
Premier Player

Now if we get this guy back, he's someone who will score goals for us, just the perfect timing as well!!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2006, 12:40
Premier Player

It almost has the feel that the game 2 years ago did in many ways, because we werent safe from relegation that day. I remember we won the game with 2 brillaint goals, Bolder scored a volley from outside the box and old Marco Reich scored a awesome free-kick from the left corner of the area

A repeat result wouldn't go a miss at all!!!
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2006, 16:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I remember that, one of the few games I went too that season, had a good atmosphere as well, I was in the west stand and we even got some singing going in there.

Same again would do me too.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old April 6th, 2006, 16:40 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Adam Bolder's picked up a foot injury from an accident at home and Seth Johnson's unlikely too be fit enough to play.

Lisbie could be back though, and of course the return of the Ham Sandwich.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2006, 12:36
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
We need the win, just so we can finally end any thoughts of relegation, our home form is good so we should win, but Millwall are really fighting for their lives, just look what they did at Watford. I also hope last weeks bad result doesn't have an effect on the home form.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2006, 12:46 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yes, we should win, but no-one should be expecting an easy game, I also wonder what the odds on Jamie Vincent scoring a screamer are.

And I wonder if Millwall will bring more than 400 fans for a change

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old April 7th, 2006, 20:18
Premier Player

He scored a belter against Rotheram last year, a good shot just across the area. But will what kind of reception will he get do you think? Me thinks a good one cause when he did play he was a very steady player in this leagu,but nevertheless you will get the boo-boys who just boo anyone who leaves the club
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2006, 09:17 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

You can usually tell from the telegraph site what sort of reception a player will get seems as that's where the arseholes hang out, it seems he'll get a steady round of applause, from the people who saw that he did well when he actually played, there's others who say there not bothered cus he did nothing, these are the same people who think Bisgaard did nothing, and Reich....fukin idiots really, I'll give him a clap anyway.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2006, 09:21 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Paul Peschisolido wants the
Derby County fans to continue their tremendous backing of recent weeks when the Rams take on Millwall in Saturday's crunch Coca-Cola Championship encounter.

"The fans deserve all the credit as despite us having such a horrible season they have maintained a figure of 24-25,000, which is some feat," the Canadian told www.dcfc.co.uk.

"It is something that ourselves as players should be proud of because we're at a club with fantastic facilities, and the supporters are magnificent as well.

"If just shows how big our crowds would be if we were in the shoes of Reading this season.

"We haven't given them much to cheer about this season but they continue to come out and give us their tremendous support."

Good ol Peschi

It's true as well, we're 5th in the average attendance table above the likes of Sheff Utd, Reading and Leicester, and with some big crowds too finish off...especially the 30,000 plus I'd expect for Sheff Wed, we could move higher up.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2006, 09:41 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Westley has said there will be a change too 4-4-2 with Hamdaoui and Lisbie up front, then mcindoe and Smith on the wings, leaving Idiakez, bolder, barnes and seth Johnson too fill the 2 centre mid places, I'd go Idiakez and Bolder, give Barnes a rest, Seth will have too fight too get his place back.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2006, 09:55
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Good too see us going 4-4-2, there's no reason for us too be defending against Millwall, get straight at them, and hopefully get an early goal.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2006, 10:31 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I fancy a repeat of the 2-0 win last time we needed to beat them at home to ensure we stayed up, Hamdaoui returns with another goal (hopefully not getting injured in the process) and Mcindoe too get his first for the club

Durkos will be making a rare appearance as well, coming too the game with me, Millwall have been given 2500 tickets, it's a huge game for them, so they could bring quite a few, so it should be a good crowd in, and a good atmosphere, looking forward too it

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2006, 11:51 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Football is a game of funny runs and quirky statistics.

But for the Rams, how's this for one of the more bizarre?

On Monday April 8 1996, Paul Simpson netted a hat-trick in a 6-2 Division One thrashing of Tranmere Rovers, as Jim Smith's Derby County marched towards promotion to the Premiership.

That Baseball Ground treble was, amazingly, the last time any Derby player scored a hat-trick in senior football - exactly ten years ago.

Many have come close - 23 players to be precise, with a grand total of 50 doubles between then - but nobody has managed the magic treble.

Even this season, Dexter Blackstock, Andrew Davies, Seth Johnson, Paul Peschisolido, Tommy Smith and Inigo Idiakez have netted twice but not gone all the way.

Blackstock came the closest, when he hit the bar against Ipswich Town having already registered a double that night, but the Rams remain treble-less since Simmo ten years ago.

Malcolm Christie leads the way with six two-goal blasts, including a famous Sunday afternoon against Manchester United when he was denied what would have been a hat-trick clincher and a last-minute winner when his strike was controversially ruled out for a foul on Fabien Barthez.

Of the current crop of players Adam Bolder has managed it twice, as have Idiakez and Paul Peschisolido, while Johnson and Smith have also registered.

:eekani: 10 bloody years

Christie should have had it though, that was daylight robbery

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old April 8th, 2006, 15:34
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
1-0! Tommy Smith 30'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in