Reading v DERBY - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2006, 08:49 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Reading v DERBY

Yet another away game I want to go too, I wonder if I will make it this time...

Hopefully we can go down there and spoil the party, I wonder how many points they need to be named champions? And if they can do it on saturday.

We we're looking on course to beat them at Pride Park before Andy Davies got sent off, and we've given all the rest of the top 6 good games, only Sheff Utd have beat us twice, so we shouldn't go in too scared.

But our away form is awful, lets hope their boys have a bit too much champagne this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2006, 11:05
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
But our away form is awful, lets hope their boys have a bit too much champagne this week
That would be brilliant if that was the case, but to be honest I don't think we should go down there fearing them at all, we proved at Pride Park we were more than a match with them, before Andy Davies got carelessly sent off!!!.

The game last year at Reading, had the same type of scenerio as we were both fighting for the playoffs, and everyone was fearing that we would get slaughtered down there, with them not losing at home all year. We managed a 1-0 smash n grab job down there, with Tommy Smith getting the goal. So we aint got anything to be afraid of realli!!!

It's also interesting to point out, we went to Man U when they won the league a couple of years back, and we BEAT them on the home surface again!!!!!!!!!, which was very nice. It's interestin to see how Reading approach the rest of season now they are promoted.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2006, 11:27
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
where is reading? i know about lot of places in England, but not sure exactly where reading is?

also i would like to know a bit about their players (and manager), now that they are in the EPL for next season. how do u rate their chances of survival in the EPL?

surely, jimbo and others can help.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2006, 12:00
Premier Player

Reading is near London
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2006, 09:51 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, it's West of London in Berkshire, a few miles south of Oxford and High Wycombe.

Manager - Steve Coppell, ex ManUtd player, and Crystal Palace manger.

Some players, Leeroy Lita, I believe is there record signing at 1 millin from Bristol City.

They got Kevin Doyle from the Irish league and he's been a big hit this season.

Steve Sidwell, came through at Arsenal, I can remember him being tipped as the next big thing, never happened, now he'll finally get his chance in the prem.

American keeper Marcus Hahhneman, a good keeper from what I've seen.

There's a few players.

Madjeski isn't short of a few quid, and if they spend wisely, I believe they can emulate Wigan.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old March 28th, 2006, 09:56 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Seth and Michael Johnson, are back in training, both will struggle too get back in the side though, still good to have Seth back.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2006, 08:31 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

If Reading beat us and Sheff Utd lose, they will be crowned champions, so all their tickets have been snapped up, I'd love to be there, but as usual I've heard nothing from my mate who said he would get the tickets

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2006, 14:05
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Good win over Crystal Palace, surely too then go and beat Reading would be too unbelieveable, would be a great result just too get a point.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2006, 14:18 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Point would be a great result, too win would be amazing, given our away form it's unlikely.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2006, 14:31 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Another youngster coming through

Marc Edworthy will miss Saturday's trip to champions-elect
Reading with a calf injury - and may be replaced in the Derby County squad by an exciting young talent.

Right-back Mitch Hanson, 17, is in the picture and will travel to the Madejski Stadium with the senior squad.

The Derby-born defender is only in his first year at the Academy but has put in a number of fine performances for the U18 side this season.

"The same 11 will start the game on Saturday and we are delighted that we can pick the same players again," caretaker boss Terry Westley revealed to RamsWorld.

"They deserve it as they have been training very hard and very well.

"The only downside is that Marc is injured, although Jacko (Richard Jackson) took his place last Saturday, so young Mitch Hanson will come into the squad."

Giles Barnes, Lionel Ainsworth and Lewin Nyatanga have made debuts for the first-team this season after coming through the Academy ranks.

Matt Richards and Karl Ashton have been in and around the senior picture that has given them an extra spark in training.

Westley hopes the same will happen to Hanson, who he says has a good chance of being involved in the matchday 16.

"If you can keep turning the odd one up and giving them a taste of things then that can only be positive," he continued.

"Karl Ashton was with us against Crystal Palace - he was involved with the team meetings, in the dressing room, and as a youngster you want to start being a part of that.

"I have seen an extra yard in him in training this week.

"Mitch is in the squad and there is every chance he could be on the bench."

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2006, 07:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I WILL be at the Madjeski on saturday, the tickets have been brought

Depeending on whether we sell all our tickets, there could be a full house in, I'm sure the Reading fans will be in a party mood, so it should be a good atmosphere, can't wait for it.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2006, 12:19
Premier Player

Yeah should be a good atmosphere for you to go to, Plus if Reading win, and sheff united lose, they should be presenteted with the championship trophy!!!!!!!!!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old March 31st, 2006, 14:53 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Right 1-1 draw is my official prediction, I'd be a happy man on the long trip home to be coming back with a point.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 07:07 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Bloody hell forgot what it was like getting up so early for away games, I'm bloody knackered, it had better be worth it...

COME ON YOU RAMS!!!

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 15:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
back to reality, 4-0 with ten minutes to go, game couldn't end quick enough
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 16:12
Premier Player

FT Reading 5 - Derby 0

Yet again, we fall apart from conceding 1 goal, we realli realli need to learn how to play away from home!!!!!!!!, cause we have gone completely backwards. This may be an over-reaction from me, but still its unacceptable that we concede 5 goals in just under 20 minutes. It shows you that if you can have strikers who can finish, you will score goals. Our strikers were pretty dire today, not realli having any much impact on the game

Well Done to Reading anyway, I think they derserve it as they have been the most consistent side this year
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 16:21
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 17:28
International

Teams: 1.FC Nürnberg, 1.FCN reserves, QPR, P.F.C
Uh, bad defeat. But I have to shut up.

GLUBB

"Unsre Liebe unser Leiden unser ganzer Stolz bist du! Wir werden niemals untergehn wir werden immer zu dir stehn unsre Fahnen sie wehen auch wenn du mal verlierst, allez allez, Nürnberg allez......"
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old April 1st, 2006, 19:53
Rising Star

Teams: Watford fc
5-0!
ha
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old April 2nd, 2006, 10:00 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

[email protected]!

That's what it wasb, we just seem a xcompletely diferent team away from home, where was Lisbie? We missed him badly, Peschi did nothing all game, we never looked like scoring all game.

There's nothing special about that Reading side, there's nothing too say there 5 goals better than us, but there consistent, where as we're not, and that's the diference from top sides too bottom ones.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in