Terry Westley - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2006, 09:39 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Terry Westley

The big question at the moment is, Should Westley get the full time managers job, there seems to be a splitt betweent he fans on the subject.

On the telegraph message boards, there was a post which gave the best reasons I've heard for NOT giving him the managers job, and I would say I fully agree.

The reason being, for us too lose Westley would be a disaster, we want him him for the next 20 odd years bringing through the next generations of Riggott's, Huddlestone's, Camp's, Nyatanga's, Holmes and Barnes's.

It's the players coming through from our academy that has kept us up, whereas Forest only really had Commons who came through that I know of, we've had all those above as well as others, who have made us money in desperate times, and performed on the pitch, and given our financial situation, we'd have been screwed without them.

So if Westley is given the job, and he has a Phil Brown type disaterous start the season, which sees him get sacked, and leave the club, that will be a disaster for us, and lets's face it, it would only be a matter of time before he did get sacked, even Jim Smith who was a legend when he first came and took us up, eventually got the boot.

Maybe he can be kept involved with the first team, wit someone else coming in, that could be the best solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2006, 19:56
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Like Jimbo, has said It would be a disaster were to leave the club all togather, which by the way I can't see it happeneing. I think his best job at within the football club, is to be in charge of the academy, which he has stated.

I wouldn't offer him the first team job, because as Phil Brown showed, being a good coach doesn't make you nessecerily a good manager. I'm not comparing the 2, but it would be seemingly going down the same route when we appointed Phil Brown. inexperienced and just hoping he can do an Adie Boothroyd. But as I was talking to with me Dad, we generally don't know who we want as the new manager.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old March 26th, 2006, 19:59
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
after the season Derby should let him stay at the academy position and just look for a new manager. Westley has done a great job so far and has kept us out of relegation worries but better for him to stay in the academy.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old March 27th, 2006, 08:45 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
But as I was talking to with me Dad, we generally don't know who we want as the new manager.
This has me worried, because I can't think of anyone I want either...

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2006, 11:46 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Terry Westley came in 3rd place in the March Championship Manager of the Month

Rob Kelly won it, Paul Sturrock 2nd.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old March 30th, 2006, 14:03
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Good bit of recognition for Westley, deserves all the credit for the teams recent improvement.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in