New Kit???? - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2006, 15:37 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
New Kit????

From the official website...

Rams fans can benefit from a 10 discount on the price of a 2005-06 home shirt as the club gears up for the launch of next season's Joma home kit in July.

There's also 8 off shorts and a reduction of up to 3 on socks from this weekend at shopDCFC, online at dcfc.co.uk and through mail order on 0870 444 1884.

The 2006-07 home strip will be on sale during the summer and the club will announce pre-order details soon.

Rams operations director Paul Clouting said: "Football League guidelines encourage clubs to only produce one new kit a season.

"This can sometimes be difficult due to changes of kit sponsor or club sponsor but this is a positive attempt to get into that cycle, mindful of the pressure on peoples' wallets."

The discounts start from 9am on Saturday 25 March. Rams midfielder Seth Johnson will be in shopDCFC from 1-1.30pm on the same day to meet and greet fans and sign autographs.

So there bringing out a new home shirt for next season, meaning the one I brought this season, will be old after just one season

Whatever happened too England Asain, he'd love this news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old March 24th, 2006, 17:12
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
Thats why I never purchase that easily now, like your said the shirt you bought not even a year ago, will be considered old already!!!!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2006, 09:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
Thats why I never purchase that easily now, like your said the shirt you bought not even a year ago, will be considered old already!!!!
I'll still buy it...it's only money, and I'm not short of a few quid

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2006, 09:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Supporters fear they will be left counting the cost of Derby County's decision to launch another new home strip for next season.

The Rams changed their kit suppliers to Joma last summer and brought out new home and away kits in July.

A limited edition black shirt was also produced earlier this season, though the club say this was in direct response to feedback from fans who had seen the team wear black in a game at Brighton.

It means two new strips and a third shirt have been launched in the past nine months despite Football League guidelines encouraging clubs to only produce one new kit a season.

Another new kit will mean the current black and white home strip will be out of date after a year when fans expect their replica strips to last at least two years.

Derby have defended the move, saying that having changed suppliers last summer, they need to return to the Football League's recommended cycle of one new kit per season.

Rams operations director Paul Clouting said: The Football League has guidelines but this can sometimes be difficult due to changes of kit sponsor or club sponsor.

We are now making a positive attempt to get into that cycle but also being mindful of the pressure on people's wallets.

Season ticket holder Mick Chell, from Uttoxeter, said: The clubs know that the fans will buy a replica shirt - it's just typical of clubs today.

I have three children between the ages of 14 and 18 who will all want new shirts but they'll have to buy their own as I can't afford to kit out the whole family.

It's an expensive business but I still think I'll be buying one.

Tony Hodgson, of Mickleover, bought a home shirt for his brother only three weeks ago.

It's annoying because these shirts aren't cheap and you expect them to last two seasons, he said.

It was my brother's 30th birthday so I bought him a Derby top with the number 30 on the back. Now it will be out of date in the summer and that's irritating.

You expect to get more wear out of them and I wish I'd known earlier that this was going to happen.

Robert Walker, of Chaddesden, said: I already give money to the club by sponsoring match balls and various kits and always buy the home shirts.

I buy them for the whole of my family. I expected to get at least two seasons out of my current shirt but I'll still go out and buy one.

The 2006-07 home strip will be launched in July.

General feeling...it's not really on, what there doing but we'll still buy the new one anyway, exactly why they can get away with it, no point moaning really.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old March 25th, 2006, 10:25
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
It's scandalous really, but yes, loads of people will buy it, so the club won't worry too much.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2006, 09:01 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well the first glimpses of the new home shirt, keeper shirts, and training gear are being shown, though for some reason, there doing this silly thing of revealing a bit more of a pic everyday, a la Catchphrase...
Attached Images

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old July 5th, 2006, 19:17
Premier Player

The new kit looks pretty good, I think I will purchase a new shirt for next year!!!
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2006, 08:08 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
The new kit looks pretty good, I think I will purchase a new shirt for next year!!!
You've seen it???

Or just going by the sleeve?

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2006, 14:05
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
why the hell are they changing it every year, I still like the ones we used from the last season in the Premiership, especially the away shirts and thats why I haven't bought a new Derby shirt since then, although it kind of looks bad having the name Riggott on the back
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2006, 14:14 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HajdukSplit
why the hell are they changing it every year, I still like the ones we used from the last season in the Premiership, especially the away shirts and thats why I haven't bought a new Derby shirt since then, although it kind of looks bad having the name Riggott on the back

The old board made the kit deal, so surprise it was just aimed too make quick money off the fans, it's only a new home shirt and GK kit. Last years away shirt and 3rd shirt remain the same.

And yeah it's been a while since we've had a good kit, even a lot of the Prem ones weren't anything special, it's about time we did

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old July 6th, 2006, 14:43
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County

I liked this one

The "EDS" shirts were the worst, too plain
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old July 7th, 2006, 10:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, that's probably the niceset one we've had in ages.

The home shirts always seem too look plain, I'd like us too have some stripes again, think ones like in 89/90, though the same stripes all over, not the weird design on here, or even the pin stripes off 93/94.

We used too play in stripes back in the days of Steve Bloomer, and the original club colours were brown & yellow so I won't have this it should always be plain white that some people say.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 89_away.jpg (42.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg 1993h.jpg (15.8 KB, 49 views)

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old July 8th, 2006, 10:35 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Here we are then, it's quite nice, I like it more than the old, I'll really be able too tell when I get one of course
Attached Images

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2006, 13:21
Premier Player

I really fans are gettin ripped off, because to me there looks like hardly any difference between last year's shirt and this year's one. The only difference I can see, is the black on the shirt!!!!!
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old July 9th, 2006, 13:31 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
I really fans are gettin ripped off, because to me there looks like hardly any difference between last year's shirt and this year's one. The only difference I can see, is the black on the shirt!!!!!
Diference is the lack of a black stripe down one side...ad we're always getting ripped off with everything to do with football, that's the way it is.

I'm not bothered, I earn my money too spend on the things I like and I like this shirt, so I'll definately buy one, as will the people who buy the shirts everytime, the people who always moan about being ripped off, never buy one anyway.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2006, 12:03
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
i agree with durkos i could hardly see the difference when i first saw it. It reminds me of the time we had a new kit but all we did was change the sponsor.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2006, 12:05 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Neil
i agree with durkos i could hardly see the difference when i first saw it. It reminds me of the time we had a new kit but all we did was change the sponsor.
bloody hell man, how can you not tell the diference between plain white, and a great big thick black stripe????

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old July 13th, 2006, 22:58
Premier Player

When is the new kit released cause I think im gonna purchase one me thinks!!
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2006, 09:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
When is the new kit released cause I think im gonna purchase one me thinks!!
I don't to be honest, and can't find anything on the website, it just tells you how too pre order...and sod that.

I've asked on the telegraph board anyway, so I'll wait for a response, because I want too know as well

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Last edited by jimbo jones; July 14th, 2006 at 14:37.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old July 14th, 2006, 14:37 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I believe (not had a 100% guarantee, but most people seem to think) the new kit will be in the shops next weekend.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in