DERBY v Plymouth - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old February 20th, 2006, 16:00 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
DERBY v Plymouth

These are the games that need to be won, though Plymouth haven't ben doing badly, but at home we still should be beating them.

Hopefully we will have at least 1 new striker in too boost the squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2006, 11:28 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Looking at the weekends fixtures, one that stands out is Crewe v Brighton, we could do with Crewe winning that, there further behind us than Brighton.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2006, 11:48
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Darren Moore is now injured, this is not the time you want injuries, and our injury list is getting massive.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2006, 11:57 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yeah, it's starting too worry me, their dropping like flies at the moment, I'm always wondering who's gonna be next.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:35
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
What's up with big Darren then!!!!, Derby always seem to have a hopeless record of picking up injuries!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:44 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Apparently he collided with Gary Doherty on saturday and got a groin problem, and hasn't trained all week, he's not been ruled out of the game, but is a doubt.

Your right, I don't know what they do down at Moor Farm, but we always have a huge injury list.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old February 24th, 2006, 09:34 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

There's been talk of 4-4-2 again, if Peschi's mind is back on the job, him and Lisbie up front, don't know who then goes into midfield, problem with Holmes is, he doesn't give you anything defensively it depends how much we want to attack.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 10:59 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Defender Lewin Nyatanga will return to the starting line-up alongside debut duo Alan Wright and Kevin Lisbie for the Rams' crunch clash with Plymouth tomorrow.

The youngster will replace Tomasz Hajto in central defence as boss Terry Westley looks to make home advantage count.

"We're at Pride Park in front of our own fans and the attacking options we now have means this is a winnable match," said Westley.

"Kevin Lisbie will partner Pesch up front and they'll be supported by Tommy Smith. The shape will give us more potency in the final third.

"Marc Edworthy and Alan Wright at full-back have played at the highest level and are capable of starting attacks, too.

"The opposition will come to try and spoil what we do but if we can get on the ball, make more opportunities, play in their half of the pitch and have the supporters behind us I'm sure we'll have enough."

Nyatanga's return caps a big week for the teenager, who has been named in the senior Wales squad.

"He has had a rest and has been tremendous in training, he is a left-footer to give balance and is ready to come back in the team."

Westley has been impressed with the form of loan signing Lisbie in training and has enjoyed renewing acquaintances with the striker he coached as a Charlton youngster.

"Kevin hasn't lost any of that pace I saw 10 years ago& nor the cheek!

"His touch has improved, which you'd expect from playing at the level he has been at.
He looks as though he's got some desire and hunger."

And he insists veteran Alan Wright is still as sprightly as he was when he attracted the interest of former Rams managers Jim Smith, John Gregory and George Burley.

"Alan is 34 now but as fit as a fiddle and both new signings have given the club a lift over the past few days.

"The players have taken to them very quickly but professional footballers take to good players, they like to train and play alongside quality team-mates.

"Training has had a good feel to it, the quality has been very good and we've now got to take that onto the pitch on Saturday."

Defender Darren Moore has returned to training and is expected to feature alongside Nyatanga in central defence with Inigo Idiakez, Giles Barnes and Adam Bolder in midfield.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 11:01 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Right then, looks like we're going to have a go, so there could be a few goals, I reckon a 2-1 win for the Rams./ Lisbie to get one on his debut, and one for Tommy Smith.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 11:32
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Hopefully we will be more of a threat attacking now, we've been a bit lacklustre in the last few games, no reason why we can't win this.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 15:07
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Teams: Hajduk Split, Derby County
1-0 for Derby within 2 minutes! Adam Bolder, good to see him back on the score sheet
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 16:56
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

Derby hold out for the 1-0 win!!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 18:40 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Good solid win, never looked likely to be any other result. Well worked goal straight away, good header from Bolder.

New signings....Alan Wright had a good game and was a big hit with the fans from the start, the only time we really did any singing was when we sang Alan Wright! Wright! Wright!

Kevin Lisbie had a good first half, quieter 2nd, but showed some promise, with regular football he can be a good player.

Lionel Ainsworth also came on for about 2 minutes, that was enough time to see the lad has bags of pace, I'd still like to see him get more invlvement.

PLayer ratings and more thoughts tomorrow, I'm off for a few beers

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old February 25th, 2006, 23:08
Premier Player

Teams: Nottingham Forest, Roma,Italy
boooooooooooooo!

just a 1-0 win, while someone else is scoring 7.

"John Robertson was a very unattractive young man. If, one day, I was feeling a bit off colour, I would sit next to him. I was bloody Errol Flynn compared to him, but give him a yard of grass and he was an artist. The Picasso of our game"

Brian Clough
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2006, 10:30 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartle
boooooooooooooo!

just a 1-0 win, while someone else is scoring 7.
Against meagre League one defences, it shouldn't be too dificult

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2006, 10:55 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Player Ratings then...

Lee Camp - 8 - made one balls up with a throw, but was right behind every Plymouth shot, making every save look comfortable.

Marc Edworthy - 8 - Another steady game, looks too have found his feet at the club now, looked to work well with Bolder on the right hand side. Giving all the defence 8's, no-one was brilliant at the back, but a comfortable clean sheet, means they did something right.

Alan Wright - 8 - Good pass to set Smith off to cross the ball for Bolder too score after 2 minutes, no better way for a full back too start. Always looked to find a Derby player with the ball, only hoofed it as a last resort, and despite being about 4ft tall and looking like a little school boy, he actually won quite a few headers.

Darren Moore - 8 -The sheer size of the bloke still amazes me (when he's stood next to Wright, it's quite funny) we said for years we need a big dominant centre back, finally we've got one.

Lewin Nyatanga - 8 - His youth and extra bit of pace at the back was important (not that Nick Chadwick has any pace) he'll definately be needed against teams with pace.

Adam Bolder - 8 - Scored the goal of course, a good looping header, he should scoremore goals, regular 1st team place would help of course, the one season he got that he scored 6, looks to be getting it again now, so more goals should come. Noticed him more for good passing rather than tackling this week, for a change.

Inigo Idiakez - 8 - He just pulls the strings, sometimes when he plays you think he's not doing much, but when he's out (usually suspended) you can see the diference, and seems as most teams concentrate mainly on closing him down, it leaves space for others.

Giles Barnes - 8 - Another good display, not got the composure or technique of Huddlestone, but personally I'd rather have Barnes, he puts himself about, and has bags of pace, and doesn't mind running with the ball, we've unearthed another talent...lets hope we don't sell him too bloody Spurs.

Tommy Smith - 7 1/2 - Great cross for the goal, but then never really delivered another good cross, full of running as always though, a bit like Idiakez I think, as in, sometimes you think he doesn't do enough, but take him out the team and it would leave a big gap. Also got there player sent off by skinning him twice, and making him lunge in and take him out.

Paul Peschisolido - 7 - Fairly quiet game, linked up well with Lisbie early on, can't remember him having a chance to score though.

Kevin Lisbie - 7 - Bright early on, a couple of times his touch let him down, and denied him a goal scoring opportunity. Looked more lively than Durkos's mate Danny Graham. A Quiet 2nd half but he's not played too much the last couple of years, definately potential there.

subs

Lee Holmes - 7 - Had a couple of runs at the full back, did what looked like a great turn...though I'm not sure whether he meant it, if he did Ronaldinho would have been proud.

Lionel Ainsworth - Got 3 minutes and didn't touch the ball, so I can hardly give him a rating, But he looked very quick, and should be given more time in the future.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2006, 15:23
Forum Manager
Xtratime Elite

thanks for the ratings, this win helps us alot in the relegation fight, we are now 9 points ahead of the final team in the relegation zone and really I don't expect us to be down there at the end of the season
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2006, 18:57
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
A important win, will count for loads come the end of the season!!
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old February 26th, 2006, 20:28 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I can't see Crewe, Brighton or Millwall winning many games, so this gap should be plenty now.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in