Gadsby too lead takeover!!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 22:39 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Gadsby too lead takeover!!!

Former Rams director Peter Gadbsy says he wants to lead a takeover of the club.

He issued a statement late this afternoon on behalf of a "Derby-based consortium".

The full statement reads as follows:

I wish to confirm that a consortium of local businessmen have today made contact with the Co-operative Bank regarding the takeover of Derby County Football Club. The bank is aware of our requirements to enable a process to be taken forward.

The consortium comprises a number of successful local individuals, some with experience of professional sport locally.

There are some key decisions which need to be made in taking the club forward and we believe that we are in the best position to do that with the support of all fans and corporate sponsors.

The key principles of the consortium have been agreed and include:

# Financial stability
# Personal financial commitment
# A return of the stadium and club to its supporters
# Commitment to the success of the club through utilising our skills and enthusiasm to bring success in all areas of the clubs operations
# The development of a successful community based club thus creating a platform upon which to return the club to success on the field.

The consortium is indebted to the many supporters and supporters groups who have campaigned for a change at Pride Park, and we sincerely hope that we will be able to work with them over the coming period to provide success.

Finally, we have been frustrated for some considerable time in our attempts to take this matter forward due to the contractual position of the Board of Directors and the Co-operative Bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 22:40 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Get it done asap and maybe the club can start too move forward!

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2006, 05:32
Rising Star

who he is?

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2006, 08:50 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Some local businessman, no-one outside of Derby is likely to know him, but I can tell you, he and the others in the consortium are millionaires with money too put into the club

He also used to be on the board in the 90's, so knows how a football club is run.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2006, 10:04
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Some good news at last, will be interesting too know how they will take it over, will it mean administration or recievership, and 10 points deducted, that could be bad news, hopefully it won;t and then it would be perfect.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2006, 10:18
Rising Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo jones
Some local businessman, no-one outside of Derby is likely to know him, but I can tell you, he and the others in the consortium are millionaires with money too put into the club

He also used to be on the board in the 90's, so knows how a football club is run.
ic
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2006, 10:24
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
I think this is the best news we have heard, since we went up the Premierhship like 10 years ago!!!!, I think the club needs a fresh start realli, and I know Gadsby is from derby so he knows what the fans want!!!
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old February 11th, 2006, 10:28 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
I think this is the best news we have heard, since we went up the Premierhship like 10 years ago!!!!,
Your not the first person too say that, it is a pretty accurate statement though.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2006, 14:38 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Chairman John Sleightholme feels Derby County would have a better future if the club were returned to local ownership.

His comments come as fellow-owner, director and chief executive Jeremy Keith, is in talks with London-based finance company SISU over possible new investment.

But a rival takeover bid has been made by a consortium of local businessmen headed by former Rams vice-chairman Peter Gadsby.

Sleightholme agrees the club need investment and says all offers have to be considered, adding that any decision must be made in the best interests of the club.

But he concedes the involvement of local people on the board is the preference of the supporters and must be seriously considered as the way forward.

"My personal opinion is that the club will thrive by being in local ownership," said Sleightholme, who was installed as chairman when the current board took control in October 2003.

"There are so many ways in which finance can be introduced and it is for the board and the bank to look at all the options and consider which is the best offer.

"The bank should also take into account the wish of the fans.

"They would like to see local people involved on the board and my view is that this is something the bank and the board have to take very seriously.

"The fans are more likely to rally round and give their support to a measure of local ownership rather than outside, although outside has to be considered because it may well be in the best interests of the club.

"It is not a simple equation.

"Emotion comes into it and a measure of logic comes into it, and those take me in one direction but, overall, one has to look at all the offers that might be on the table."

Any involvement by SISU is likely to see Sleightholme and director of football Murdo Mackay being shown the door.

Sleightholme is aware of this and says it is an option.

"It is well known that Murdo Mackay and I are close and believe in each other," he said.

"I believe Murdo has a part to play at the club. As a former football agent, he can act very skilfully on our behalf when it comes to negotiating players' contracts and bringing players to the club.

"I believe he would be a great loss to the club."

Sleightholme's comments are a further hint of a boardroom split at Derby.

He admits there are differences of opinion, adding: "I regard it as healthy to have differences of opinions and so in that sense there are times when there are splits.

Seems Sleightholme knows the score, not that fat prick Kieth needs too wake up and smell the coffee.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old February 13th, 2006, 15:03
Premier Player

I think its plain for all to see, Jus get rid of everyone that hes guided the club in the past 2 years, that includes the chairman, Keith, Mackay, get rid of the whole lot of them, and lets bring back some prosporous times at Derby County
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2006, 12:25 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Former Derbyshire County Cricket Club chairman Mike Horton is the mystery fifth man in the consortium of local businessmen looking to take over Derby County.

The group is led by former Rams vice-chairman Peter Gadsby and also includes former chairman John Kirkland, Littleover-born internet entrepreneur Mel Morris and Morley businessman Peter Marples.

Mr Horton was chairman of the cricket club between 1993 and 1997 and is generally credited with saving it from financial ruin.

He bought Derby Basketball Club in 1995, renaming it Derby Storm, and bankrolled the franchise, spending over 1m before withdrawing from the league in 2001.

"Mike has a wealth of experience in sport and was particularly successful in helping to reorganise the cricket club," said Mr Gadsby.

"The consortium has mixed skills which will be necessary to bring Derby County back into commercial realism."

The current consortium announced its intentions last week and the club is already talking to finance company SISU about buying out all or part of the club's 44m debt.

It owes the Co-op Bank 29m and the ABC Corporation 15m.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2006, 16:19
Premier Player

Seeing as I'm the local basketball follower here, He did an Ok job at Storm, but then he could'nt be bothered during his last couple of years to keep the franchise going, Lets hope he puts a bit more effort into Derby County than he did at Derby Storm!!!
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2006, 16:27 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Well it's only basketball, why would he be bothered :eekani:

Only joking....what happened anyway Storm we're doing alright, got the Storm centre and everything, and then they just disappeared.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old February 16th, 2006, 17:29
Premier Player

Money, Money, Money, thats why we werent going anywhere, and plus the fanbase wasn't that great, when we moved away from moorways, a lot of people stopped going, because the storm centre was an absolute tip!!!, horrible place to go to and watch basketball
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 15:25
Premier Player

It seem's to have quitened down over the last couple of days, I wonder if this is intentional, or has sumthin happened that aint too good!!!!!
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old March 1st, 2006, 09:13 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkos
It seem's to have quitened down over the last couple of days, I wonder if this is intentional, or has sumthin happened that aint too good!!!!!
Well, I wouldn't expect them too do the takeover in the public eye, and it was bound too take time too happen, especially as Kieth doesn't seem to want to piss off. We've just got too keep the faith.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2006, 14:14 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Breaking news which I'll put in here, because hopefully this means Mr Gadsby will soon be running the show

The Co-operative Bank, which is owed an estimated 29m by Sharmine Limited, the parent company of Derby County Football Club, has taken steps to protect its investment.

It has filed a legal charge against Sharmine, giving it rights over shares, and the distribution of those shares in Derby County Football Club.

With two bidders believed to be interested in taking control of the Rams, the move is thought to be protective rather than pre-emptive.

It would mean the Co-op could influence to whom the club could be sold and that it would not lose out on the deal.

The charge was filed at Companies House, the register of all limited companies in the UK, on February 28.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2006, 14:17
Premier Player

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2006, 14:17
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
Finally something is gonna happen.
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old March 9th, 2006, 14:19 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

I just hope the co op make the right decision, not another balls up like last time, or I'll have to march down to the town centre and burn the bloody co op bank to the ground.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in