Board Out! Slightholme has resigned!!! - Xtratime Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 10:52 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Teams: Derby County, Burton Albion
Board Out! Slightholme has resigned!!!

Well, the board out protests, have been picking up quite raidly over the last couple of weeks, so it's about time there was a thread for it, because things seem to be gettng interesting.

Murdo Mackaay was on the telly today, saying the Chairman and board should come out in public and say there intentions (they weren't at the soton game to be asked questions) Jeremy Kieth's sposed to be on Radio Derby this week...not the chairman though.

And there is a rumour going around, that the co op bank, who are financing the club with loans are readying to throw the board out themselves.

There's also talk that Gadsby (forgot his first name) as given the co op bank 20 million to get rid of the board, and then he will take over...that would be very nice.

But, with all the media coverage, there is going to be rumour after rumour flying about, we'll not know what's true, untill it happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Of course, if we lose, I'll never admit it was me who wrote this.
Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old February 5th, 2006, 17:20
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County, England and Ireland
The only the way the board will go, is if someone is going to put in a genuine offer for the club, I really hope this does happen, because this current board are an absolotue disgrace, they have put none of thier money into this club whatsoever, the debt has increased (which I have no idea why that is)

The sooner they go, the better
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 10:22 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

That may not be the case though, the board are running the club on borrowed money, if the lenders don't believe the board are capable of getting them there money back...which they aren't, unless we get promoted, which we have no chance of, they could take action.

Quote:
I dont belive in jinxing mate, I do belive in playing at home with a 2-0 advantage against a team which I cant see scoring 2 goals!

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 10:37 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Apparently Murdo Mackaay has had a big falling out with Jeremy ieth, and he has (again) handed in his resignation. This was before xmas, but he was too stay during the transfer window, and then leave, but because Brown got sacked he's been kept on longer, but could go when the new manager is named.

All seems a bit strange too me.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old February 6th, 2006, 12:14
Premier Player

Well its all Derby County aint it, nothing ever is smooth sailing for us!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2006, 11:14 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Players at Derby County want to see director of football Murdo Mackay stay on at the club.

Mackay could leave at the end of the month after having his offer to resign accepted by the board.

He feels he is not being allowed to do the job in the manner he would like and appears to have fallen out with director and chief executive Jeremy Keith, though neither will confirm that.

Meanwhile, the players are battling on under the guidance of caretaker manager Terry Westley in an attempt to bring some stability on the pitch and secure much-needed wins.

They feel Mackay is playing an important role but insist this is not about taking sides.

"This is about what happens on the pitch," said club captain Jeff Kenna.

"Murdo Mackay has been instrumental in bringing players to Derby. That is part of his job description and we feel it is very important that's what he does.

"This is a very difficult time for everybody at Derby and the more people we have pulling in the right direction, the better it has to be for the club."

Kenna is part of the management team working with Westley following the sacking last week of manager Phil Brown.

Coach Steve Taylor is also involved, as is experienced striker Paul Peschisolido.

"On a personal note, this has been a difficult time for me and Murdo has been extremely supportive," said Peschisolido, whose wife, Karren Brady, recently underwent surgery for a brain aneurysm.

He added: "Since Phil Brown left, Murdo has taken a more hands-on approach and the lads have appreciated this.

"He seems to be working day and night to help matters on the field."

Mackay (50) has filled the role of director of football for two years.

"I'm very flattered by what the players have said, they are a great bunch and I brought most of them to the club," said Mackay.

"I have given it my best since I've been at Derby but this is not about me, it is about Derby County and about the club achieving stability."

The usual circus act at Derby then

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2006, 12:21
Premier Player

Typical mate, it seems to me as if as its, the players, fans and director of football are all against this board!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old February 7th, 2006, 12:25 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Yes, only the very gullible now still believe anything the board say, we need a takeover asap.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2006, 10:05
Premier Player

Teams: Derby County
In the perfect world we need a takeover with someone with money too spend coming in, but it's a hell of a job too take on, so it's a case of is there anyone willing to do it, sure names have been mentioned, but where are they?
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old February 8th, 2006, 10:12 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

True, if gadsby, kirkland or whoever publicly expressed there wishes to take over the club, it would get a lot more people really getting behind the board out campaign and it could go somewhere, at the minute it's like flogging a dead horse.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 10:43 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

There is an atricle in the Derby Trader newspaper, about the co op bank removing the current board, there's no concrete evidence yet, but the Derby Trader isn't the Sun it doesn't just run any old bullshit story.

And the man who wrote the story says he been told my all of his contacts within the club, change is in the air... I also questioned a mate of mine who works as a groundsmen on the subject, although he wouldn't say anything (your not allowed to discuss club matters with your mates in the pub) he just had a big grin and a sly nod and a wink.

It could be happening, we could finally be rid of these jokers, and have someone running the club, who could possibly take us forward.

My fingers are firmly crossed.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 10:47 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

There has been a mixed reaction among Derby County supporters over the news that the Rams are in talks with a private finance company about buying out the club's debt.

Derby owe the Co-op Bank 29m and the ABC Corporation 15m, making them around 44m in the red.

They are now in discussions with London-based SISU Capital about a deal that could see them pay off all or part of Derby's debts.

Derby believe this would remove or drastically reduce their interest repayments.

Few details of any possible deal have emerged as yet, leaving fans unsure of what it will mean for the club.

Richard Carson, a season ticket holder from Chellaston, said: "I'm hoping that this will reduce the debt.

"At the moment we are paying a fortune in interest charges but I'm always a bit dubious about finance companies.

"Why is a finance company interested in a football club? I would question their motives because financial companies are in the business of making profit and I wonder where that money will come from.

"I have an open mind about it all initially but ultimately I would still rather have local people in control."

James Hassett of Long Eaton said: "If the debt is actually going to be paid off that would be great but there would be major doubts as to whether that will actually be the case.

"Also, you have to wonder who would then be left running the football club."

Toby Sills, joint chairman of the Derby County Supporters' Club Executive Committee, says he realises things cannot continue as they are at the club.

"I'm not a financial expert and don't understand the subtleties of these situations," he added.

"I know there is a lot of animosity towards the current board of directors but I don't know enough to make a judgement at the moment.

"All I'm interested in is what happens on the green stuff and it's a shame that in the last three to four years the business side has become a central issue."

Some fans remain unhappy with the current board and are still demanding change at the top.

RamsTrust and the Rams Protest Group (RPG) have issued a joint statement saying their "Board Out" campaign will continue until all of the club's directors step down.

They have also called on co-owner of the Rams and chief executive Jeremy Keith to abandon his search for external investment.

Nick Sellors of RamsTrust said: "The time has come for Keith and his fellow directors to realise the game is up.

"They should be mature enough to realise that what they are dealing with is a community asset and not a private plaything."

Derby's confirmation that talks have been taking place follows days of increasing speculation surrounding the club's future. There have been rumours of refinancing and takeovers.

The club is believed to be discussing its proposed move with the Co-op Bank and ABC.

SISU Capital are understood to be hedge fund managers. A hedge fund is split between a number of investors.

Such companies typically invest in distressed private companies, turn them around and usually aim to realise their asset in three to five years, once they have made it attractive.

Any deal with SISU is likely to see them become the main shareholder and appoint a representative to the Rams board.

Dunno what all this is about, seems like more dodgy deals too me, we'll have to see where it goes.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old February 10th, 2006, 13:25
Premier Player

I sincerely hope that we some sort of change, at least will begin to be optimmistic again after years in shear hatred of the board!!!
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2006, 11:11 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

According too the police, they say just under 1300 people were protesting outside the West Stand after yesterdays game...just a few more than the 200 after the Sheff Utd game, the pressure is mounting on the board...time too f'uck off Jeremy, methinks.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old February 12th, 2006, 15:04
Premier Player

I totally agree mate, jus get them out!!!!!!!!
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 09:57 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Defiant director of football Murdo Mackay has told Derby County's board: "If you want me out, you'll have to throw me out".

Mackay's future at the club has led to a split in the boardroom and another messy public fall-out.

His offer to resign shortly before Christmas was accepted and the 50-year-old is due to leave tomorrow.

But Mackay says he has not signed a resignation letter and wants to stay.

Chairman John Sleightholme is backing Mackay but is outnumbered 4-1 by the other board members - Jeremy Keith, Steve Harding, Andrew Mackenzie and Paul Clouting.

Sleightholme owns two thirds of the club and Keith a third.

"The chairman is the majority shareholder at the club and he says I'm going nowhere," said Mackay.

"I will be in work today, tomorrow and Wednesday. If they want me out, they will have to throw me out.

"John Sleightholme is a man of integrity and what is going on at the club hurts him.

"The club is going through a period of instability and the timing of all this was inappropriate before a crucial game against Plymouth.

"I'm prepared to put my personal views to one side and carry on.

"The chairman is the person I trust on the board. I will honour any decision that arrives from him and nobody else.

"I trust his judgement and I believe he will act in the best interest of the club. If he tells me to go, I will go."

Sleightholme confirmed that the situation had still to be resolved but said he did not want to comment further at this stage.

He could call an extraordinary general meeting (EGM) and use his two-thirds ownership to bring the matter to a head.

While the boardroom battle rages, uncertainty remains over the future ownership of the club.

Keith is in talks with London-based finance company SISU about new investment while a consortium of local businessmen, headed by former Rams vice-chairman Peter Gadsby, has launched a takeover bid.

Mackay has again backed a change of ownership, preferring local people who "understand and have a passion for the club" to take control.

He has also singled out Keith and operations director Clouting as people he does not want to work with should the SISU bid be successful.

The pantomime continues...

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 11:54
Premier Player

I think this is the only thing makin this whole thing worthwhile

Who will go, Jeremy or Murdo, you deciede!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old February 28th, 2006, 11:54
Premier Player

I think this is the only thing makin this whole thing worthwhile

Who will go, Jeremy or Murdo, you deceide!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2006, 11:28 Thread Starter
Community Manager
Xtratime Legend

Derby County has confirmed that the director of football Murdo Mackay is to leave the club.

Mr Mackay joined the Rams two years ago and the board of directors would like to acknowledge, and thank him for, his hard work and commitment during his time at Derby County. He made a valuable contribution.

The first man has gone, now for the rest of them to follow.

Quote:

Forest 2-5 Yeovil aet

Brian Clough - Legend!
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old March 22nd, 2006, 11:33
Premier Player

Well the "main" man is gone now, I wonder if this mean's the takeover bid is starting to gather momentum and they want to get rid of all the bad signs of the past of the club. If however, a new takeover is successful would they bring him back to the club in any capacity??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Xtratime Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive. Try to avoid choosing short (like '1'), simple (like 'abcd') and easy to guess passwords (like a name of your favorite team, player, etc)! Complex and long enough passwords, that consists of random string of alphabet and numerical characters, are almost impossible to be stolen and misused.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in